The Duchess' 50 Tea Recipes - Ch. 61

Dex-chan lover
Ah yes the general knowledge that Scurvy can be cured by vitamin C. Something any normal person would know.

The story of how the British navy forgot how to prevent scurvy is sad. It boiled down to no longer having sauerkraut in ships’ rations. That’s right, pickled cabbage and its brine has enough vitamin c to prevent scurvy. Anyway gl heroine!

Is she going to solve this with tea, because I think that rosehip as well as a couple of herbs are high in vitamin C soooo.... TEA TIME?!

tbh, and I can't speak for everyone, but at least in my K-12 education in the States at SOME point in a history or biology or chemistry class we were taught about scurvy and vitamin C as a "fun fact" during our studies. It's something that is typically mentioned in the introductory classes in those subjects as well. Something so easily prevented but devastating otherwise - it's kind of funny in a not-funny way coming from the side with the knowledge.

And yes, pretty sure the wind rush of rose petals (assuming scent too) and the fact that this town is known for its rose flower fields - she's about to "discover" the cure to scurvy!! She's about to be even more famous lol

Thanks for the update!

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
TEA IS THE TRUE MIRACLE MEDICINE, IT CAN CURE BUT THE DEADLIEST OF DISEASES!

Omg! 😨 Vitamin C deficiency is soo scary 😱
(She’s gonna solve it with Tea, right?)

Don't do that, don't scare me like that... My gum bleed Everytime I'm brushing it, I came here for reading and what I get is a doctor diagnosis, wth...

Mmmh... I wonder what the answer will be... the grandma has no teeth so something to drink would be good, if only there was a method to get the vitamins as a liquid right out of just a few ingrediens and isn't expesive...

She might make a kind of rooibos blend. They are generally fruit based and a sort of tea.

Users who are viewing this thread