The Duchess' 50 Tea Recipes - Ch. 61

If I remember correctly from the movie The tale of wonderful potato. When potato was discovered it help against scurvy.

Dex-chan lover
It's a bit odd that a little girl out in the sticks addresses scurvy by its medical name.

But no worries! Chloe is going to make it all better!

WITH TEA!!

i KNOW she'll cure scruvy with tea because that's the comic... but i cant help but cringe at the idea.

HAVE MORE THAN ONE THING, PLEASE!

honestly i'll be embarassed if i always brought up tea as the solution for every situations, including to heal a (believed) incurable disease, like those crazy essential oil moms. i know in this case she's right, but that's because the story puts her in specific situations where she can be right, it's "rigged"so the answer is always tea... and that's hella cringy sometime. Everything falls so conveniently that the town is known for their roses and she knows rosehips have vitamin C

anyway, i still enjoy the comic, i can handle a bit of cringe, i just wish she has at least one other trick up her sleeve... the promotional tactic with i believe cheese was the closest thing we got from her having other knowledge than just *put some tea of it*

@simkin
it may just be a translation quirk

N2O

Dex-chan lover
Oh my god she's gonna cure it with tea 🤣🤣🤣🤣

BP

Fed-Kun's army
@distressed_cactus sorry my dude but I won't be satisfied till she literally wins an entire war with tea and/or goes super teayain level 3.

Teсhnical cliffhanger in the tea promotional manhwa. 😀 Looks like there are no more things I will have to see in my life. 🤣

@luca17 In some countries this is a typical knowledge women should have along with those of the poisons and laws, so they are taught that stuff by mothers from a young age.

Double-page supporter
@Milfie you are absolutely correct, the laws theory was thought by the father while the practice was thought by the mother in the form of yelling hahaha
@kaycamps oooh no you don't!

@moel Well, in my case it was held in a form of talks about (at first funny ones) criminal events and police investigation methods.

Dex-chan lover
Scor-bu-tis? No idea what that is, but I do know scurvy. 😆
I guess it really was a problem before people figured out it was Vitamin C deficiency. Wonder how they figured it out to begin with?

Anyway, time to brew some High-C tea.

@Psychronia It is called scorbutus in Latin.

Well, surprisingly medieval captains were not that stupid as modern ones may think and had figured out that eating fruits by a crew during a sailing decreases a frequency of scorbutus cases in that crew by using common sense only. Therefore navies of most European countries and Russia began to add some kind of fruits (lemons and oranges in Russia, in particular) to food supplies for their ships even without understanding the causes of this disease. However, for a long time scorbutus was considered as an infectious disease by the scientific community, but this is a whole other story.

Well, whatever... I personally become more interested in what kind of medicine that child wanted to buy?

Dex-chan lover
@Milfie Yeah, I figured it would be something like that. Like I said, our ancestors were comparatively uninformed and uneducated, but they weren't dumb.
They had the innate human wiring for pattern recognition and deductive reasoning, so even if the concept of Vitamin C never came up, I assume they would make that connection of [Citrus Fruits = Reduced Scurvy].

Users who are viewing this thread