The Duke of Death and His Black Maid - Vol. 12 Ch. 160 - I Sympathize With You

Dex-chan lover
@Braverave If he let it progress the way she wants to, they'd be doing phone sex without the phone all the time and this would have to get published in a different magazine.

Dex-chan lover
well viruses are argued to technically not be alive so thats an option right? also we probably shouldnt dive too deep on the microbiome of a human that kills everything that touches it

edit: yeah viruses can cause colds, rhinovirus is the most common

Dex-chan lover
Obligatory Japanese 'caught a cold' chapter. Seen about as often as the obligatory beach chapter.
-love interest of the sick person nurses him/her... check
-handmade medicinal food (usually porridge) by the sick person's love interest... implied. I'd like to think Rob was the one to cook it though.
-sick person gets the food fed to them... check
-sleeping while wearing a bunch of clothes so have to change... check
-must wipe the sweat off the body but the sick person can't do it themselves so the love interest has to help... check
-(optional) sick person and the love interest spend time in the bed but the sick person sleeps the entire time... half correct, at least she got on the bed to wipe him
-miraculous recovery before next morning... check
-the sick person's love interest caught it the next day... expected to happen next chapter

Did I miss anything?
Wiping the body and the temperature going down were switched around in this chapter though.

@AdvisoryCrab34 that thing doesn't kill microorganisms that live in his body, I assume, since we need some of these. And food does not decay and wither when he eats, so I assume there are a limit to that.

Group Leader
its interesting no one thought about Sade’s point of view as anything but pure crazy and cursing for cruel entertainment till now

Dex-chan lover
Maybe Sade read too much into the wrong mind and the cliché of "the abyss also gazes into you" happened.

Dex-chan lover
There setting up Sade to be sympathetic just to pull the rug under you and it turns out there’s nothing to sympathize about her. Iruma did it and it was great so I can see them doing it.

Aggregator gang
Poor Duke. If Alice rejects him his sadness may drive him towards death. She's really all that he has in this world that he holds dear.

Dex-chan lover
While it may be possible that mind reading may have driven her to a tipping point, there are certain lines that, when crossed aren't acceptable.

I suspect that whatever happened is linked to the Duke's Grandfather. Maybe Sade was in love with him and having found out how much he cared about Alice's mom she cursed her to suffer ? Cursing the Duke as a substitute ?

Users who are viewing this thread