The Duke of Death and His Black Maid - Vol. 12 Ch. 166 - Visitor

Dex-chan lover
Well, there's a plot twist.

I like how it's revealed by her touching him. Also, is it his maternal or paternal grandmother?

Dex-chan lover
A shame the anime will be using CGI, but from the preview it doesn't look that bad.

Dex-chan lover
I hope they do all the season until this story finishes instead of just a promo 1-2 season only....

Judging by the teaser it should be ok, but i have extreme mixed feelings with one of my favorite manga being animated T-T

Dex-chan lover
I hope more normalzied cgi makes the land of the lustrous season 2 happen

I’ll never lose hope

Dex-chan lover
@affftedio
I sort of went through three stages on this. First, when I was young and naive, I'd be really excited about news of an adaption. Second, after a decade or two of bitter experience, I learned to greet the news with some mix of cautious optimism and dread depending on the studio. And then finally I realized that even if it's mediocre (ever more common these days with more and more bad CGI), it's still often a crowning achievement for a hard working author and can make them a certain amount of money as well as satisfaction. So now I'm happy again about word of adaptions even if I never watch them, too many incredible authors never get the recognition they deserve already.

@Tamerlane
Probably paternal, though I don't think we have direct confirmation of that. Gerbera's words of being born into a strict noble family implies "a different one than this one". Besides, the grandfather doesn't even seem strict.

Contributor
I definitely like the high score girl team’s work, so I’ll keep interested .

finaly I can see all the flirting between Alice and the Duke on screen! ALICE BEST WAIFU

Users who are viewing this thread