The Duke of Death and His Black Maid - Vol. 12 Ch. 166 - Visitor

CGI Anime can be made pretty well. If a good studio is doing it. Orange studio makes the best CHI anime, but most others do fall short.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!
YYYYEEEAAAAAAHHH BABYEEEHHH!
THAT'SWHATI'VEBEENWAITINGFOR!!THAT'SWHATIT'SALLABOUT!
WHOOOOO!

Dex-chan lover
Cgi... no matter how good it is I still prefer hand drawing, feels softer

Fed-Kun's army
Anime adaption! Yay!

*See it is CGI* well my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined

Fed-Kun's army
So if as everyone else is saying it's a CG anime: If the anime is by Orange (Beastars) or the good CG team at Mappa (Dorohedoro) it should be good. If not...eeeeeh.
Honestly though, this does seem like a wierd choice. This series seems better suited to 2D animation. It's not like it's particularly fast paced or has difficult to animate character designs. I'm honestly confused as to why they're going the CG route.
Also if it's done by the team behind Ex-Arm, I'm swearing off the medium out of spite.

Dex-chan lover
Cute grandma. I'm sort of expecting the grandpa to be a bumbling blushing guy like the male lead.

The thing about this manga's art is that it's not that detailed, but each line is very expressive, and there's not much movement/action. In other words, it feels like the worst choice for a CG anime (since CG anime are most effective when it'd be too expensive to draw all the details, or animate all the action, without CG). I guess it'll be made by the High Score Girl team though, and people seem happy about that...

Aggregator gang
WHAAAAAAT??? FUCKING SICK M8S!!

Edit: I've done some research into the anime for the benefit of the readers.
1. This was premiered basically last week, so 2/01/2021. Ep 1 will be released this year. this is all the information we have
2. The studio is J.C. Staff. Looking into this, the director, CG Artist, and ofc studio is the same as that of "HIGH SCORE GIRL." High score girl has very good CG, that has very fluid movements and very accurate to the hand drawn style. It will look very much hand-drawn, which is good. The composition and direction in HSG is very good, and it is one of my favorite anime. I look forward to the anime for this. Hope this helped.

Aggregator gang
For those concerned about the anime being a 3D CGI adaptation, I can understand your reservations about it but I'd be cautiously optimistic since it's being handled by the same production team behind the High Score Girl.

images

Users who are viewing this thread