The Emperor's Companion

The FL is sucks.
how could she have blushed when her guard was about to die?

I finished reading the raws and I wish I got that time back to read something else -- this isn't worth it even tho the art style is pretty

When I was reading this I thought I might the only one who hated the ML but realized it wasn't only my problem when I saw the ratings.
I only kept reading because the art was pretty but that's about it
Dropped as well for me

Okay I'm glad we're all on the same boat because I'm like there's no way people also like this awful story. They have to be like me and they're only here for the arts style XD

How is this only a 6.29. I for one love it. Though it was a bit confusing in the beginning. But I guess I'm a weirdo.

I like this. The story is interesting, the art is nice, I think the characters are fine. You can read the reviews and decide if this is a story you can read. I like the ML. Is he great? Nah. He has some issues, obviously. I have no issues with the FL. She's good, imo. I've read what's been released here, up to ch.52, I think.

This is sooooo underrated? Like yes the ML gives a pretty bad first impression that carries through for about ~20ish chapters but he is actually improving now? He's holding back (in multiple senses of the word) for her sake out of respect, which I can acknowledge. I feel like alot of people are very stuck on his first impression, but why is it so hard to accept that characters can change?

Hate this hate the emporor feel like it’s INSANE that they try to do that “ba-dump” thing in the first few chapters when all she knows about him is that he’s hurting people and threatening her younger sibling, the WHOLE PERSON SHE’S CHOSEN TO BE REINCARNATED FOR. Not to mention I....really dislike when he calls Hilde “his woman”? Or uses such possessive language as though she can drop everything, and how she feels so touched over it. I understand it’s in character for him, but it really makes me feel a weakness in Hilde’s entire character and drive. I don’t know, I really just want to see family supporting family above all else, it felt like very sweet premise, for a big sister to dive into running an entire holy nation to protect her little sibling, and it just really feels like that isn’t always her top priority so much as a side quest.

Fuck the story man, this just pisses me off. This should be at a 5.
Female MC has to forcefully be married to a fucking lunatic. Her sister isn't even her sister anymore because she is now a dude with no memories. The fucking Male Lead kills fucking everyone because he can't act his own age. Also, fuck that deity for making the world depend on those two getting married. The dude (Male Lead) is a fucking pervert that can't keep his hands to himself.
The author fucked the story.
If they had just made the Male Lead back the fuck down and not have made the Female MC drown from flattering words. It would be worth reading.

I feel like this is getting underrated.
The writing is still good and I'm anticipating reveals slowly. I feel like only now is it really started to pick up and it'll be more dramatic.

A lot of people are holding a grudge against the ML because of the first impression, just like the FL. He actually becomes much better and we see how he stops being awful, supports the FL, doesn’t shelter her like everyone else, and offers encouragement when she’s really down. He’s at his best in the later chapters, so hopefully people can give him a second chance.

I don’t know why people are hating on this series so much. Every series has those times when you are reading and just not enjoying, but people are going overboard on this I think. Yes the ML is not the best person, and as @KyChan said, I think people are just holding a grudge from the first impression. He is a little forward in his ways, but I wouldn’t outright call him a pervert like @PortalSage did. Most of the romance tag stories on here are little fluffy things with only small pecks on the cheeks after 50+ chapters. Real romance when a person is so in love where they can’t control themselves sometimes is a real thing. We are lucky since ML does control himself and holds back as he says he has. I will say his personality is concerning but we see that getting fixed as the chapters go on.

Next onto the sibling talk, once again @PortalSage says that the person she reincarnated for isn’t even her younger sibling because they’re a boy now. Really? Reallly? You obviously don’t have a younger sibling or just a real shitty familial experience if you have one. My sister and I get along as well as water and oil. Everyday is something new that infuriates me and if it’s not her doing it to me, it’s me doing it to her. Yet through all of this time, I still love her. We may fight and argue but I still love her as my amazing little sister that I would do anything for. I think that is what the author was trying to show and what she did with the FL. Just because the sibling is now a different gender and no memories doesn’t mean that feeling would disappear. It even will even show side by side comparisons of the girl vs. boy sibling where the have the same personality. That would be enough for me. I mean the little sister, from my guess, gave her heart while alive to her dying older sister. If I was in that situation... I can’t even imagine it, that’s how tough that sounds, so that part about “Her sister isn't even her sister anymore because she is now a dude with no memories.” Stfu with crap ass excuse of not liking that one of the leads is not a female.

Next the story and “forced marriage” God set up. You know how fantasy works right? It’s not real, it’s something someone has thought up of to write about and it’s what they want to write. Making the world depend on them to marry is also sorta false in the first place. She just has to love him in some way. Ever heard of love for a friend? Or for that matter, love for a family member? He’s not saying is has to be romantic. All God said was she “can” not “has” to be married, but still “has” to love him. Even a character brought up that doesn't specify which kind of love. Even if it was a romantic love that was required, so what? It’s fantasy. As you pointed out, the FL blushes like crazy whenever he talks about her. She may not love him but I’m pretty sure given time the feelings she already has for him, shown in every interaction between them, will go from almost none and subtle to as much as his.

So to sum this up, I’d say a solid 7-8/10. Every issue that was named by @PortalSage I talked about above I’m pretty sure. Don’t go rating an entire series by just the first 15 chapters like it seems you did. People could turn away from this great series because of your bs little tantrum. So kindly stfu and never share you opinions unless you know what you’re talking about or are asked, and honestly I don’t think anyone asked.

@Bravelzzy205 Did I say that only because the sibling is a boy that it doesn't really make her, her sister? No, I said, "Her sister isn't even her sister anymore because she is now a dude with no memories." NO MEMORIES is the key part here, that boy is a stranger to the mc. Also, you said that people hate on it because of the first impressions it has, I got 30 chapters in. "Don't go rating an entire series by the first 15 chapters" my ass. When I said forced marriage, god literally said that if they don't get married that the world is in danger and she didn't want to marry him therefore I rest my case. "She may not love him but I’m pretty sure given time the feelings she already has for him, shown in every interaction between them, will go from almost none and subtle to as much as his." She may not love sex but I'm pretty sure given time the feelings she has already for it, shown in every interaction when doing it, will go from almost none and subtle to an addiction level. Now that I translated it to a more emotional tone, do you see why I might hate the fact that marrying a crazy lunatic would maybe anger me? To the next topic, just because it's not real doesn't mean that you can't express anger, (emotion) for it lol. That statement is such a stupid thing to say. If you really think that then eat your own words and don't be happy reading the story.

Users who are viewing this thread