The Emperor's Companion

"So kindly stfu and never share you opinions unless you know what you’re talking about or are asked, and honestly I don’t think anyone asked."

Must be tough to not even be able to understand how a comment section works.

This series seems to induce some very emotional responses xD I'm going to read it just to see what the fuss in the comments section is all about.
Might regret it later.

You know after reading a lot of the comments people are gonna hate me for saying this but the emperor is actually my favorite character because
besides Hilde’s little bit of character development when she realized how cruel the new world she live in was, the characters are honestly as Gordon Ramsay would say BLAND XD

Yeah in the first few chapters his behavior was a little over the top but after that he starts to support the Mc more than anyone else. He protects her but at the same time criticizes her and gives her advice which no one else does.
For some reason I actually find Luden to be annoying, not sure if it’s because of his personality or what but, I just don’t like him XD...he’s secretive as well, since the beginning of the series all the way down to the end of chapter 56 it’s obvious that there’s something that he’s not saying

The one thing that I’m confused about but no one seems to mention is that even though the title is, “The Emperor’s Companion” we get more scenes of Hilde with Luden tha the actual emperor???

ALSO I find it dumb that her sister became a guy like seriously, I know it was probably to create drama between him and the emperor as they fight over Hilde but I would have honestly rather a badass female knight instead of this pretty boy brother

So the story is... bland. I've only read the first few chapters and I agree with most comments that the male lead is too over the top. I also don't like the female lead.

I feel like if you're the CEO of a company, you'd be a lot more confident when you talk and would be especially good with words but she just lets the male lead walk all over her. It felt like she was given that 'CEO' title to make her 'a little special'.

The part where she felt her heart thumping was also super annoying and just ruined it for me.

Like, he wanted to kill the people protecting you and you see him try a couple of times but you end up starting to grow feelings for him? This one person you called a murderer? I know romance is the genre but aren't things going a little too fast?

I actually enjoy the story though the leads are a bit sus, its fine because they are going through character growth and getting better. if they werent getting better id have dropped it

i had to stop at ch 15 because i really can't stand the male lead. decided to continue to see if he's actually getting better. at ch 25 now, and he's still a dick. too bad because this could be a good story if the male lead isn't so hateable. and i also can't stand the female lead for being so easy to woo despite knowing full well what kind of person he is, just because he's handsome and spout sweet words.

I should’ve read the comments before reading... I expected the FL to be a strong character due to her past life but wow just one guy makes her so embarrassed and she forgets her goal/purpose?

oh wow why this manhwa have such a low rating
*saw the comments* oh wow

well, i enjoy the story ¯\_( ツ)_/¯

The writing in this manhwa is the absolute worst. The romance in this makes exactly zero sense and is so forced it makes me puke.
MC gets reincarnated to protect her younger sibling, decides she wants to date the guy that was attacking her younger sibling.

Can you fucking believe that? She falls in love with a guy that straight-up murders innocent people and attacks her sibling that she wants to protect "over everything else".

Fuck this manwha.

I was actually surprised when I looked at all the comments & rating after reading. I really love this manhwa, and I could even go as far as saying it is one of my favorites. There is just so much character growth, especially with the male lead, and I'm enjoying how it's not following a ton of tropes to build their relationship.
The FL realization felt more genuine than I've seen in a while and I like how they're actually giving her personality. She gets mad, she makes mistakes (ones that aren't some silly misunderstanding or overreaction), and she isn't just 2d.
I love the ML, too. Sure he is over the top in the beginning, but later on he grows and turns into someone the FL can depend on. It's also nice to see how sincere his feelings are. He doesn't beat around the bush and only withholds things when it is necessary.
I don't have much of an opinion on the other characters right now, other than her brother got on my nerves a bit, but that was later fixed a little bit and I'm sure he'll continue to evolve into a better character.
Overall I've liked the story so far! The pacing is just right for me, and the art style is really pretty too!

@BraveIzzy205 I haven't read the series and I was kinda surprised to see a manhwa getting a rating that's almost on par with most manhuas lol but I felt an urge to join this argument without knowing what's in the actual hell of manhwa is happening, but anyways:

So kindly stfu and never share you opinions unless you know what you’re talking about or are asked, and honestly I don’t think anyone asked.

Yeah, anyone didn't ask about it. I was the one who asked.
I appreciate the opinion and explanation. I'm not particularly fond of wasting a day on something that I'd end up with a sour taste in my mouth. He also includes spoiler tags tho, so tbh I'm sure the people who read it know exactly what they're doing. 1k ratings with an average rating of 6? There needs to be an explanation for it.

Conflicted. I've read up to and including chapter 27, so my review is only based on that. No actual spoilers, but it's long so i'm using the spoiler format.

- the setup of becoming the pope is pretty cool, ngl, and that she arrived per this other world's expectation

- FL has a good setup, having been in a managerial/high ranking position before the transfer, and does show some traits expected of people in said position, along with the reasoning/problem solving. However, she also acts naively/too innocently at times that betray her life experience dealing with people. This includes the fact that a handsome face paired with flirting throws her off and sends her into bashful teen personality. This i chalk up to be poor writing/characterization from the author.

- FL is transferred into a different world, in which people have very different views than we do. In fact they are extremists when compared to our views of our world. This makes for an interesting set up, seeing someone trying to navigate an entirely different culture. Not totally unlike visiting another country, but the difference is the extent of the culture differences and the fact that FL is absolutely alone without a country in this new world for others to link her views to.

- ML is a manchild (at least in the beginning). He does follow the above statement regarding extreme views in hiw he behaves. He doesn't entirely act like his station suggests. I can accept that his obsession could come from a life long belief/truth that one day he will have a companion, and that he has been hanging onto that and is blind to other things (there are people like this in real world...they are super hard to deal with!). I'd like to think the author is purposely only revealing this side to him at the beginning for...drama, i guess...and intends to unravel him for us slowly so we see him for what he actually is later. I think the author went overboard with withholding information/scenes showing his character though. Rough written start/intro to him.

TLDR; i think the author didn't follow through with the setup/background/characterization of FL, who is now inconsistent in various scenes.

I'm going to keep reading occasionally, as something to do, but I neither like it nor dislike it at the moment.

This is, quite frankly, ridiculous. The set up is nice and intriguing, the start is fun, and the main plot points are interesting, but for a story that relies so heavily on romance the romance is incredibly lacking.

They are both in positions of power and have many years of experience navigating life, yet they seem to catch feelings immediately for each other despite him being against everything she stands for. Especially coming from her side, it's simply annoying that she is so swayed by his looks and any act of softness that he can possibly give. People do crazy things for love, it's true, but levelheaded people you show as calm cool and collected shouldn't swoon over someone random smiling at them??? And make bad decisions because of it??? I find it irksome that she acts like a 13 year old who met some hot celebrity that's showing her special attention. Even then most young teens would be sane enough not to entertain someone who constantly harms and threatens to murder her loved ones and friends. Even if they're in love. Wtf. She is a modern woman in her twenties who runs a company. Love at first sight is a cliche I can get over, but they don't even call it something that was destined to be and they go about it in such a ridiculously jarring way that takes from her personality completely.

It's as if the author made her character, then was like "oops, I forgot the story relies on romance" and decided to add it in later with no regards to who she was as a character.

I actually don't mind the emperor as a character. His actions are a tad over exaggerated, and his appearance and actions in the first two chapters is a bit much until you get to know him, but at least for him it seems reasonable. His background and personality make it mildly acceptable that he would act like that. It's unrealistic, but it's a comic so I don't expect it to be.

The big issue is that her actions in regards to the ml are so completely removed from how she acts in any other way and the ideals and methods she preaches.

Fed-Kun's army
OK, 10 hours later, I've read up to chapter 63.
I like it, it definitely took a long time to not feel awkward, and the back story was certainly a confusing start, but I'm liking how the characters have developed.

I like that MC hasn't fallen crazy in love and forgotten her purpose, but has very slowly gotten to know the ML, both flaws and strengths.
I like that the ML has learned to contain his impulses and respect her choices.
I like that the brother has more depth than just a support character.
I especially like the world building, the struggles, the lessons the transmigrated character has had to learn from this new world.

The characters were flawed at the beginning, and there has been growth so far, and I'm sure there will be more to come.

Users who are viewing this thread