The Eternity For You - Oneshot

Dex-chan lover
I still enjoy the ending to this series regardless how a lot of people feel.

Kaori truly pulled Shizuku the depths of her depression and sadness when they were in high school. Kaori was a beacon of light to Shizuku who had lost her way.

So, for Kaori’s death to still be hard on Shizuku is no surprise, in my opinion. I feel like not a lot of people know what it feels like to lose a love one, especially a romantic life partner. People usually choose to let go of life but Shizuku has been in her own way strong and kept on writing bc Kaori loved Shizuku’s writing.

Ahhhh, the bittersweet of life.

Dex-chan lover
THANK YOU FOR THE CHAPTER
BANGING MY HEAD AGAINST THE WALL THE FEELS ARE GETTING TO ME AHHHHH

Dex-chan lover
Well, I must admit this was a huge spoiler.
I already knew it was going for a "lie in april" style twist (or rather, last chapter I read did have that twist in it - even if I already knew before that because of foreshadowing and spoilersi n comments), but I wasn't yet sure if she would die or somehow survive whatever ailed her and get together. Which this one spoiled.

Group Leader
^ I guess since MD puts this as a separate title this is bound to happen I guess.

(Actual release is bundled with book 6, so there is no way someone would stumble upon it accidentally.)

Still say the whole journey before we get here is worth the read. :meguuusad:

For me, this chapter is not feels sad or depressing, but otherwise it's feels so peaceful.
I love how the author put end to their story with this oneshot after story.
It's really feels peaceful, calming and heartwarming.

Thank you for the translator for translates this works until the end, and Thank you Yuama-sensei for making and bring this masterpiece to the world.

Dex-chan lover
:meguuusad: :meguuusad: :meguuusad:

I just found out about this one shot I'm so mixed between emotions I'm glad, happy, andsad

DMcgk37W0AEIUUl

Dex-chan lover
Damn, what a way to put salt in the fresh wound.
So it wasnt enough that Kaori died but theres yet a one-shot to show, as i imagined, how Shizuku would keep living but her heart is stuck in the past unable to move on.
Had a short glimpse of hope for the future when Shio appeared all pretty like Kaori but here comes Yuama-sensei to make clear they're not even close and Shizuku making promises while wearing that ring and will probably just go through the motions of living but will never find someone to fill the hole in her heart. Just tragic and sad. Not a once of joy from the conclusion.

Dex-chan lover
I have seen many people express dissatisfaction with the ending, which I understand. For many young people today, the concept of enduring love and the difficulty of moving on after losing a loved one may be hard to grasp. However, having worked in the healthcare sector with the elderly for many years, I've encountered numerous individuals who have remained alone for decades yet still speak of their deceased spouses as if they were alive, but still having lived a full and rich life. In my view, this isn't necessarily unhealthy. Some people simply struggle to move on, and the reasons vary widely.

For some, there may only be one true love. The difference lies in whether one's inability to move on is accompanied by conditions such as depression or other mental health issues that impede their ability to live a fulfilling life. In such cases, I agree seeking medical assistance is crucial.

However, in the case at hand, there's no indication that the protagonist is suffering from any mental health issues. From what we observe, she maintains friendships, attends school, pursues her passion for writing novels, and leads an active life. Yet, romantically, she remains fixated on the person she regarded as the love of her life. Whether this will change in another five years is uncertain; people's experiences and responses to loss vary greatly.
Cant argue with that logic.
If anything, i think Shizuku had just started life and spent only a summer with Kaori and not many years together as elderly people would. Shizuku seems to just be going through life but not quite living. She only made a few friends from class and she even said she might not continue to write after college. So, it really sold the image of her living stuck in the past forever.
I guess my major dissatisfaction is with myself that although aware of the story development, still chose to have a silly hope for a better ending.

This was a good added addition. Shizuku is still young she can still find love. Even those holding onto loved ones who died sometimes live a happy life without a partner or they eventually meet someone who they will grow to love. Either way it’s fine. Her life her choice.
Tho when Shio showed up I was kinda curious if something might spark. But I can’t remember their age gap. It be cool to see like an alternate story to this that she ends up growing closer to Shio. But it also feels uneasy thinking about it. Since Shio looks so much like Kaori that it feels like a replacement and it wouldn’t be considered moving on.

Either way. Great story.

Users who are viewing this thread