The Ex - Ch. 35

Now that I know this is how FL was acting in the first place, I don't feel sorry for her at all.
Sure, her ex cheated but holy shit she threatened suicide and leveraged his family against him to stop the breakup multiple times? He couldn't leave her for a legitimate relationship even if he wanted to.
I had a friend who was like that in the past so now I'm extra bitter about it lmao.

a classic case of miscommunication if this two actually talked it out they would have worked out. a pity but it's good they broke up they were toxic for each other

It started off so cute and then twisted so badly. They didn't communicate well, he closed himself off and she did whatever she could to force him to stay. They wouldn't have been happy anyway.

@misao We kinda already knew about this a while ago and the FL admitted her fault in all of this. Realizing how badly she acted was a part of her character development and allowed her to improve herself and move on. It’s why I was so relieved that this wasn’t a revenge manhua. If, like in so many other manhua, this became all “hurr durr face slap”, I would be right there with you. Fortunately, this isn’t about revenge at all. This is about self improvement and character development. Another way to look at this is that the FL is going through a bit of a redemption arc. It would certainly go a long way toward why she still wants to help out her best friend.

Now, this next part is pure speculation, but another thing to consider is that this chapter may be a case of unreliable narrator. Maybe things did happen exactly this way, but some details may have been tweaked or left out. Again, pure speculation, but from what I’ve seen of the ex, internal thoughts included, I wouldn’t put it past him. In all likelihood, this is a Rashomon situation and they were both equally at fault for the relationship breaking apart.

Mmm i love this story but i miss the little tips that were in the chapters, they were really interesting... thank you for the translation!

Users who are viewing this thread