The Fantasie of a Stepmother - Vol. 1 Ch. 22 - The Passing of Winter (9)

Question:
How ml is better, Nora or the prince?

Answer:
He's the crown prince of an empire.
He certainly cannot marry a widow, even if he is a marchionness (much more likely to have a princess from another country in spouse to strengthen diplomatic relations).

Problem solved.

Double-page supporter
This prince is more suspicious than he should be. It would be insane if he also had memories of some future...

I honestly don't mind the crown prince being a little shady. His position itself requires him to be that way in order to survive. He's got no one but his dad to support him after all. And I honestly thought he was speaking from the heart at the end of the chapter when he told Shuli it was alright for her to grieve in a place no one else is looking.

@rosenstern I guess it's a way of saying that there are still some things she needs to do and focus on before she gets all melancholic/emotional about some things.

Fed-Kun's army
i keep forgetting how young shuli truly is, and therefore, it wouldn't be too weird considering age for her to start dating the crown prince or even nora

but- shuli's way more emotionally and mentally mature than all of them (being killed after years of never truly feeling happy and accepted probably does that to you), and i personally really like the idea of her being friends with everyone rather than having a romantic relationship, but i'm super open to any drama lol

either way: i love shuli and i love her children and nora

Dex-chan lover
@Superkrza Yeah, because Nora and Jeremy are not flippant assholes that antagonize people for no reason whatsoever...

Shuli's hair is really bad. It just looks super damaged and needs a good trim. Sheesh.
And I agree, the prince def can't be trusted. If anything, its for the fact that these two, super honest (and high-key annoying) "friends" don't really fck with the prince anymore. I wonder what happened to their relationships with the prince. Seems like they both used to be really close to him....

@rosenstern "While the candles in the mansion are still lit" means that there are more things to do. A big picture view would be the responsibilities that she has to handle over the whole estate are incomplete. The small picture would be that she still has some guests at the party and it would be rude of her to retire early since she is the host. :)

Dex-chan lover
I hope the prince isn't secretly evil. It'd break my heart if that's why jeremy and Nora seem to have avoided him while the party was going on.

And his little brother looks so small and sad. Ah I hope he grows up healthy and finds something good to do with goal it's.

the prince is indeed fishy but that sentence goes straight through the heart in a sad way

After reading this chapter it strikes me that the crown prince and Shuli have a lot in common. They both had burdensome positions forced onto them at young ages with responsibilities they shouldered in a way that would have rubbed many people the wrong way. This is just my assumption given the nature of and circumstances of the prince.His advice was touching, but I feel Shuli would have benefitted it more had she heard it in her first life. I am curious to know why Jeremy and Nora aren't fond of him. Well, to be fair, Jeremy just seems to be indifferent towards him. I couldn't go so far to say he dislikes the prince from what we've seen.

The prince is very interesting!
He spoke like he knew something that she didn't , maybe he also have memories from the future and want to prevent some event?
Anyway i'm really fond of him whenever he become evil or not 🥰

a male character with white hairs and gold eyes usually has something to hide and that something is often a bad thing... But I hope the prince is not that kind of person

Users who are viewing this thread