The Fantasie of a Stepmother - Vol. 1 Ch. 22 - The Passing of Winter (9)

The crown prince is probably an a**hole based on Jeremy and Nora's reactions...and I'm still sure ML is Nora since he's on the cover. So I'm going to conclude the prince is the secret (hot) bad guy.

Thank you bucci for the scans! I love this manga so much ❤️

Dex-chan lover
I don't think the prince is evil. Nora says that the prince is "only as kind as [Nora] is obedient," but Shuri also points out Nora was passed over for the title of the Sword of the Crown Prince. Nora's already a bit of a jackass, so he's pissy that the Prince likes Jeremy better than him. (Even if the title has not yet been given.)
They're nobles, and nobility is always supposed to favor family over outsiders. The Prince failed to do this, and Nora hates him for it. And to especially lose to Jeremy, because they hate the shit out of each other, stings even worse. That's also probably the reason why Nora took the sword before Jeremy could, because he <i>knew</i> who Jeremy was from a distance, even if he didn't formally meet him.

That's my two cents.

Double-page supporter
Stupid question from this pleb

Did the Marquis and Shuri ever consummate their marriage?? Or is she like the Marchioness in name only?

There is something fishy about the prince, Nora seems like a great young man. He is sarcastic but authentic and so was Jeremy. The prince is watching the "flow of power". He knows Nora is not obedient and that Nora knows the prince true personality. Even tho Jeremy and he have been childhood companions it was weird how Jeremy reacted when he saw him, it's a Cold distance almost robotic loyalty. He is buttering up Shuli just so he can gain more control of Jeremy and power. Also, did you notice how his aunt reacted(there is something strange about her at times)when she noticed him...weirddddd

@scarlet_summer Never mentioned. If it's real life they probably did it for a full day on the night of marriage. But since this is a romance fiction so they probably never did, citing the husband disease.

Just think to yourself, if you are a few days/months away from death is banging your cute newlywed spouse is one of things you want to enjoy or not.

But again, it's a romance manga and it's a bit creepy so it has 0% of happening.

Gokotai?! Whaccu doin here?? Aruji gonna mad at you

Crown prince looks like adult ver of gokotai from touken ranbu

The more I read of this webtoon the more I love it. Especially because it seems to take politics between noble families seriously, unlike other works in this genre.
Thank you Bucci Gang for the double update!

I liked the crown prince although I can't trust in a character that always looks like it's kind, they are always the worst. Shuli seems to like him though.

Thanks for the chapters^^

Similar to what the other comments said, something about the prince is fishy. The way Nora and Jeremy reacted to him seems to foreshadow something. I wonder if there’s anyone that happens to have their previous memories. Thank you for the double release!!❤️

That prince got trouble stamped across his forehead girl, don't fall for his BS.
Prine Reitlen 4 life

I want to believe in the Prince! If not a love interest, at least a sympathetic friend during these troubling times - like someone who swoops down to the rescue during a 'fight' with an aristocrat or member of the papacy. From what some of the background things 냥이와향신료 & ORKA allude to with his past and relationship with his parents, they might find some common ground in being 'used' at an early age. Might also push Nora to step up?

Users who are viewing this thread