The Fantasie of a Stepmother - Vol. 1 Ch. 28 - The Passing of Winter (15)

Dex-chan lover
Well this isn't the next arc I was expecting from this manga. All the lightheartedness is gonna go away.

Double-page supporter
Oh boy, here we go again...
Another church that is founded on dumb ideas and is about to be completely destroyed.
Hopefully they all end up hanging

I mean back then when there are women who are wise and knows how to heal like with medicine they were called witches. Over time women was accepted to do certain things. Like back then some women with status was allowed to read but not write. They weren't allowed to learn certain other things. Now Women are allowed to vote. Even now some employers who are male still pay women with skills less than a man who is a noob. My friend and I apply for the same job. He just graduated from the same program and same school as I did also his first job. I graduated early by a year and had more job experience. I even have an award from my previous job. Both of us decided to apply for the same company and got hired. I have more responsibility in the same department but his pay per hour was a dollar more than mine. Anyways... sorry for the rant....In some way men are still the same but I'm glad its not like back then.

Contributor
Oh, that's interesting.

Shuli looking so much like the dead empress is probably a huge hint to explain why she was murdered just after leaving her family in her first life.

Religions have always been tools for controlling society. It doesn't matter if you don't agree but the story always shows that greed and power corrupts anything.

Fed-Kun's army
So i guess shuli has features of the prince's mom and he's attracted to her?

That portrait though, like damn, how tall is the ex-empress? Her bottom half of the dress extended af. She looking hella slendy.

Welp. There's another corrupted church. I can't help but feel insulted sometimes. I know corruption has happened and the church has done bad things, but every single time there's a church, there's almost always some sketch priest or whatnot.

@PouyPouy Well I don't mean to be insulting, local churches have been an immense source of good and shelter throughout history, but almost all large scale religious efforts have not been great. Whether it's just inherent corruption as with wealth hording or pedophilia rings, or people using religion to justify abhorrent actions like the crusades, jihads, inquisition, witch burning, or mass conversion which really came down to change your way of life or it's genocide. Plus as a narrative structure, if you have the handsome prince as an ally, the state religion makes a powerful antagonist. Zealotry is also an easy and simple to write motivation for a 'villain'. But it is very much a played out troupe at this point, then again 'godless heathen' was the antagonist norm for millennia a century ago, so swings and roundabouts.

Fed-Kun's army
@I_need_a_break It isn't really the German Empire, it is more of a made up empire based as much on Bavaria as it is on Germany as a whole, as far as I can tell.
Naming a character after Richelieu isn't really all that more far fetched than having named the imperial family after Bismarck and naming the capital Wittelsbach.

“Women should be silent,” see, THIS is why you are single.

It is nice to see a historically correct in term of norms value belief and social practice in fantasy-ish manghwa that took place in medieval(?) time.

Users who are viewing this thread