The Fantasie of a Stepmother - Vol. 1 Ch. 35 - Christmas (2)

@Halo that may be true, but that's his SON for god's sake! It's the parent's role to educate him on his etiquette and know the most about him, but because it seems that he appreciates the crown prince more, well isn't that more of his fault? Any kid acts rebellious when they're faced with a situation like that. I feel really bad for Nora 😢

@Soupysoup The original version in Korean used Noona (누나) which is used to address a women older then the person saying it, unless they're decades apart in age.
It's often used to address their older sibling, seniors, people they're close to etc.
I think the main issue here was calling the mc Noona, would be too informal given the story's setting and their relationship.

Dex-chan lover
@Mereine
His dad has to kiss the prince's ass because it is his job. And by extension, it is Nora's job too. He has responsibilities and obligations of a noble, yet he chooses to ignore that and makes public tantrums like a toddler.
This problem has a very simple solution. But this is a shoujo manga, so I don't expect any scenes of actual parenting.

I'm kinda torn on how to feel about Nora's dad, since its true that Nora does have an obligation to at least pretend to tolerate the prince (lese majeste is no small thing after all...) and I can imagine how frustrated he is with Nora and his straightforward personality - it seems like whenever the two might want to sit down and have a proper talk something always happens that causes them to lose any opportunity of effective communication = __ = I just hope the two can reconcile eventually, it'd be good to see the two of them open up to each other and badmouth the royal family behind clothes doors together cause they both seem stressed af bc of the royals

@Bluecatmage I don't really remember the nitty gritty about it, but IIRC
The empress closed the trial after she came to like Shuli, so the matter wasn't pursued any further. You can check the threads in NU to be sure what happened and why.

Double-page supporter
@starred1 yes!! I meant noona whoops ☺️☺️ you are right there on the money! I honestly feel like him calling her "miss" is too formal when being called "noona" is very intimate and sisterly, probably what he needs and craves 🥺🥺😔😔

Ok wtf did the prince do to make Nora's parents love him more than their own freaking SON T_T

Group Leader
@Mapleowo
I don’t think he did anything. They’re probably just treating him nicely since he’s the prince, whereas the Duke seems to be the tough love kinda dad with Nora (who’s also at the age where he likely finds communicating with his parents increasingly difficulty). Add in the pressures of their social status and from the outside, and you make an otherwise common family conflict into an absolute dumpster fire.
The again, the Duchess looks exhausted from her relationship with the Empress, so maybe there’s more than meets the eye. But I don’t think the prince brainwashed them or anything, he just knows when to keep the mask on and when to take it off, as opposed to Nora who threw his mask in the trash a while back.

Fed-Kun's army
I'M READY TO THROW HANDS WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!!

thank you for the updates!!!

Fed-Kun's army
honestly feel like “miss” doesn’t convey the same kind of intimacy as “noona”. even though I understand the tlers probably wanted to make it flow better in English I think leaving it as noona and putting a footnote of the meaning would encapsulate the connotation of their relationship better☺️ Also loving the empress and duke nürnberg’s bro-sis dynamic LOL “don’t your majesty me”= “call me sister” HILARIOUS but poor Nora :(

Don't worry Nora! I'll give you my love you don't have to be with that Sh*t of a father.
this chapter is making me sad!

Users who are viewing this thread