The Fantasie of a Stepmother - Vol. 1 Ch. 58 - Epilogue 2 - The Ending of a Fairy Tale (3)

Thanks for the scanlation!
Just to help people whos a bit confused, i think the part where he said sarcastically "you should just stay beside me" and the translator put a "the day they got lost" note is supposed to mean:
Elias being sarcastic about the twins blaming him for saying that to shuli, when they themselves did nothing to clear things up and just stayed silent beside him.

Dex-chan lover
huh... looks like the kids do care about Shuli in this life but considering what happens next...

How tragic.

it's so sad knowing that this is Shuli's past😭
it makes me want to read all over from chapter 1, how she really changed their relationship, okay, chapter 1 here i come

btw, thank you for doing the translation
I'm grateful for anyone who do the scanslation (translating, cleaning, redrawing, proofreading, editing, etc) since i cannot do it myself
so, thank you for your hard work

I’m sorry for what you and your group had to go through. People are reading chapters that weren’t officially released yet with a good translation and on top of that for free and still complain, it sucks. I’m very grateful for you and your group for doing this work, this is currently my favorite manhwa series and I couldn’t have enjoyed as much of it weren’t for you guys. Thank you very much and hope that you continue doing it because it brings you joy, not for any other reason.

What's the deal with the priest about the protagonist? I don't think the comic explained why the priest is so against with her I think. I thought he look down on her like everyone else but seeing this epilogue, why would you go so far for something small like that

Thank you for the translations

it's ok... as much people hate the bad translation there are plenty more peoples thanking you translating since from your imperfect translation we can get to know what's the story about which we can just assume what it means (since we don't know what the korean words means either) and as long we understand what's in it we're thankfull for it... once again Thankyou for your hard work and time and money for this, stay healthy no need to rush stuff it's ok to be slow and steady and doing stuff as good as you can, nobody is perfect :3

MOM I SEE ILLEGAL!!
It should be illegal to put such a prologue at this point of the story.... BSS

Aggregator gang
The translation is swell and quality is fine. Many thanks for the hard work!

Agreed with mouffette here. You have all the right to be angry because you honestly don’t deserve the hate that you’ve gotten here, but that part where you blamed their “pea brains” was the only bit that I felt was a step out of line. I understand you’re doing this to improve your linguistic skills in both English and Korean, which is truly admirable. However, it’s the responsibility of a translator to ensure that the meaning of the original work is conveyed as clearly as possible to the audience, and while nobody should be bashing you for the free work you’re doing, I think it’s excessive to blame the readers if they don’t understand your translations. I also understand that you are not an official or paid translator, so that argument might not be valid, but this isn’t just about “responsibility”—it’s also about your understanding of the language. In order to really improve your skills in both languages, it’s important that you understand their tricky nuances and how to convey those clearly to the target audience (in this case, English). Naturally, that means direct translations won’t always suffice, but it’s only by getting out of that comfort zone and exploring all your options that you will attain a firmer grasp on them and gain confidence in writing in both languages.

My apologies if that complaint sounded too aggressive. I can only imagine how upset you must have been after reading those comments, so I wouldn’t blame you if that was all written in a moment of anger. I truly appreciate your hard work and am sorry for the hate you’ve received since uploading your translations. This chapter’s quality was honestly great, especially given the tight timeframe you give yourself, so thank you very much for all the hard work you’ve put in. I’ve tried my hand in doing all this before—solo translating, solo cleaning, solo redrawing, the works—and eventually gave up because of the sheer difficulty of trying to work with awkward phrasing and the amount of time that it ate up. So to a partial extent, at least, I know how hard it is, and I’m sincerely grateful for your efforts. As for all the haters, feel free to ignore them. They’re just a bunch of bad eggs that have no bearing on your work.

My only tip for improvement would be as I stated earlier: to experiment and explore your options in translating. Of course, you don’t have to do this straight away, and you certainly don’t have to post any first attempts in your translations online. It can simply be an exercise to get a feel for the language, and if it bears results, all the better for you!

You did great I liked how quickly it came out. I honestly understand English being your second language. Thank you for the translation.

“Pea brain” PFTTTTT.. I lauged so hard at this
Seriously, the translation is totally fine I could understand everything so far. If you had a hard time understanding, you could ask at the comment section or even correct the translator’s mistake (if u are a grammar nazi) There is totally no need to hate the translator

Well, I think the translation is good though, I can understand the story, nothing seems to be spoken by a robot and the dialogues make sense.

Interesting, so the kids actually didn't hate her. Sure they might've had their issues but it seems like they eventually realized she isn't bad. Man, I wish there was a way for her to see that this was the case.

Holy shit, the amount of people defending the translator's arrogant (more like insulting, but w/e) words. I've never seen a professional translator call their readers pea-brained for not liking the translations.

I'm not saying you should care about haters and mean comments, but insulting readers that might not have even complained about you is not a good quality trait in a person.

Now, Translator, live up to your own words of "if you don't like it, ignore it" and take the other translator's advice here in the comments section: Make a group so people can choose to ignore your releases via the official ignore function on this site.

Otherwise you're just a hypocrite.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH THAT DAMNED PRIEST??? HUH?? I'VE RE-READ THIS ONCE BEFORE THE COURT INCIDENT TO MAKE SURE IF SHULI DID SOMETHING TO HIM BUT NOOO~ WHY DOES HE HATE HER SOOOO MUCHHHHH. I'M SO MADDDDD AND THAT BODYGAURDDDD SHSHHDHDBDBD AGH I HATE HIM, SHE CLEARLY SAID TO DO AS YOU'RE TOLD AND LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE! AND OMG THE EPILOUGE OF SEASON 1 IS REAL, LET'S HOPE THE EPILOUGE IS AT LEAST 13 PARTS (like the gaurdian arc) LMAO I WANNA SEE MORE. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE SPOIL ME AS TO WHY HE HATES HER SO MUCH 😭😭😭

`Note to the translator:`
I don't understand what your note is for because your translations are completely understandable. There might be one or two sentences —maximum— who might've needed rephrasing but they weren't wrong at all.. And I don't understand some of the comments either. Why can't people just appreciate others..? She worked on this alone with her cleaners. She might've missed a thing or two but what's wrong with that? and for the person called @reanseih I don't also understand why you're involving a scans group in this and also the fact that you are making up stuff that she never said like "It's not my fault if you don't underatand from my bad translations" and she's not even the one who said that thing about the pea brain, it's her admin and she said it... and the fact that you are also mean and creating unnecessary drama is just too much. I'm glad we can get fast updates and she have already said not to read it if you don't have anything good to say. Of course, I get the comments that say she needs a PR but.. that's just for improvement purposes, it doesn't mean that she's typing broken English that could barely be understood. And for once I'm glad that a translator is not trying to maintain other's opinion by apologizing left and right and be like "I'm so sorry I'll be better for you" instead she stands her ground and I like that. If I was her and saw all these comments that are kicking me down like some dirt bag I wouldn't stay silent lmao I'd just get back at them. I really preach her mature and understanding personality where she doesn't offend anyone and please continue to update us. Your translations are nice and understandable enough ^^

BUT LIKE AFTER READING THAT DONT FORGET WHAT I SAID IN THE TOP LMAO SOMEONE SPOIL ME WHY HE HATES HER PLEASE 🤣🤣🤣

Dear @JakeRay, (not sure how to tag someone here)

The translator isn't arrogant. He/she is totally right.

I don't know if you know, but to translate, clean, redraw and typeset a chapter takes A LOT OF TIME. If you do everything alone, be sure to spent 10+ hours on it. And I don't know if you have ever noticed with your "pea brain" but this manhwa is EXTREMELY HARD to clrd and ts (many nasty sfx and textures, etc).

Not only their translations was good (I could understand it PERFECTLY), the cleaning and ts quality was also on point. Oh, any I also add the fact that y'all get to read it for free?? Yes!!! Bc this is a PAYED CONTENT THAT YOU'RE READING FOR FREE AND STILL ARE BASHING SOMEONE'S HARD WORK OVER IT.

And yet, some people DARE TO COMPLAIN and make unnecessary rude comments. You didn't like it? Don't read it, do it yourself then, since you think it's that easy to translate a whole manhwa.

Oh... You might not even know korean, much less how to use Photoshop... Oh well...

Seriously. Sometimes I HATE how annoying MD's readers can be.

Users who are viewing this thread