The Fantasie of a Stepmother

I can't tell who is wrong or right, I just hope you both guys come to a peaceful agreement.

I don't know why you're all defending SLC when SLC did the same thing this person did with Gokutsuma Days (a group released the first chapter and a few days later SLC released a bunch of others. So yeah, they sniped someone else work and didn't seem to have a problem with that).

So it's very hypocrite of them to cry "snipe" and ask the person to remove the chapters when they don't offer the same courtesy to other groups and don't behave like that.

If they are fair, they should just agreed that this person should continue publishing the chapters they translated and then release their own chapters like they did with Gokutsuma instead of making their followers come here and judge/pressure the person who was lovely enought to give us more content.

@bobsburgers just release more chapter and do whatever you want to do. Don't worry about the scanlation's group they are too slow.
Sorry for poor English I'm Italian (and, obviously, I speak Italian).

Umm, anyways. lol, just wanted to thank you for the translation. I don’t really know what’s the deal below but I imagine this was tough work (for both sides) and I appreciate that. 🙏🙏💜

To whoever is translating this now, keep translating until you want to stop 🤷🏽‍♂️
I see that the owner or publisher of the original work sent a cease and desist to SLC and as far as I can see they have privated everything.
It would be good if you translated the first 3 chapters too just so you're not riding on their work.

TL;DR you do you, the only ones who can make you stop are the publisher/creator

Dont listen to them , it’s so rare for someone to do a complete job ... I’m fed up with the dropped out series so please keep up with your hard work ... you’re doing great ... love

Pls continue! Fans like us are always dying to have more people translating work like these and youve done amazing so far! We're really thankful for the releases and hope you'll be able to keep doing so :) Also, these comments are hilarious xD

I appreciate you translating the series as I’ve been waiting for quite a while for a new chapter! Thank you for the great work ❤️

Oh! To answer the last chapter- Personally, I think it’s better to join the group and continue translating the series. I know that translation takes a lot of effort and time- it’s a lot of work basically. With two parties working together, the project might be easier to work on as you guys will take some burden off each other’s shoulder and be able help each other. More people to work on the project = less stress = faster release

Or if you don’t want to join maybe try to negotiate with the group and reach middle ground where it’s beneficial for both parties.

Thank you so much for translating!! I’m really happy you were able to push out so many chapters so quickly

For the scanlation team issue... I think you should join them. You guys can split the work, like what @recchi said.

Either way, I hope this issue gets resolved peacefully and both sides are cool with it

I don't see what the problem is. If you are faster and have proper translations they should be Happy that it is being done. Especially since it is being done by someone who both loves it and wants to.

@bobsburgers Let's be honest, most people here don't care one bit about what you will or will not do - they just care about what you can offer to them. Next time, you don't release anything during a mere month (even after a mass release) ? Watch them turn their back on you. Yes, people are fickle like that - the leechers especially, these guys don't do anything and yet love to complain the most.

(Also, I'm not part of SLC group so, people, you can take your insults elsewhere. I just am flabbergasted to see all the negativity surrounding a group that did nothing in this situation, except work hard to give readers chapters of great quality - that same group that you all seemed to worship a month prior when you had your releases on time.)

However, I've been around the scanlation scene long enough to know that what you've done is of very bad taste. Sure, it is for the most part an unspoken rule, but in no way does that make what you did acceptable. It is first and foremost a question of manners, and respect. You have yet to showcase any of them. You didn't even have to follow their wishes - at least pretend that you somehow tried to get to an understanding, or warned them because you didn't want your work to go to waste. A joint project would have been even better.

To be fair, I don't think you did it out of bad intention, but you should have handled it like a proper adult – privately (that end note… really?). You're the one who caused drama in the first place, so why would you even bring it to light to the other readers and cause even further distaste for the other group by antagonizing them ?

Anyway, overall, a very useless drama that could have been avoided. Hope you enjoyed your moment of fame nonetheless.
I sincerely hope you think it through since it's not too late (they seem to want you to join them), just make sure to handle it privately next time so that you do not unintentionally spread more hate.

@Sheia idk about anyone else, but I’m being “negative” towards them because they’ve “sniped” from a group before (2 months ago in under.... 2 months :’) ) and have the guts to dislike it when it’s done to them.

I agree, though, sniping drama is stupid and this could have been avoided by: them not giving a crud that someone was releasing faster than them and just continued with the series anyway.

@tempshempo About the issue you've raised, to be honest I wasn't quite aware of it and so, will refrain from making a comment about the situation since I have no idea how it went (and if it was ever resolved?).

And quite honestly, my point still stands, I just dislike the act of sniping as a whole. If it were to happen, as the other group, I would at least hope that the other party would feel apologetic - which didn't really seem like the case here (?). As this webtoon was started by both parties, I assume, out of love for this project, it seems trivial and pretty sad to trample on another one's efforts this way when they can just collaborate.

I definitely understand your point of view though, and I wasn't really targeting you anyways but mostly people who answered things like "oh ignore them, you're faster anyway they should be thankful".

To everyone who thinks this way, I'd like to see you try taking on a project and releasing something yourself instead of being a smartass. Anyone would feel wronged to see something they've poured their heart into being taken away, even you - don't lie.

@Sheia Their excuse was that they loved the series so much and decided to release their version of it even after talking to the other group about it. Even though the other group came first.

Which, by the way, like how this person left a note about it at the end of their version, SLC did the same thing in their own version.

Which is why this is hypocritical.

@tempshempo Hmm... I see. If that's really the truth, then it does seem quite hypocritical indeed. I can only hope that the other group first working on that same project was on board with this "new version".

Well, with what happened with this webtoon, hopefully they'll learn from their mistakes and not attempt it again.
Basically - don't snipe or it will probably come to bite you in the ass lol.

@Sheia considering that SLC’s note said that they couldn’t reach an agreement with the other group and proceeded with their releases anyway, I don’t think so.

Go ahead and look up “Gokutsuma Days.” It’s right there in their history feed.

The fact that this release has seen so much drama over “sniping,” but “Gokutsuma Days” was strangely quiet despite being a snipe as well, I find this whole drama suspect.

@tempshempo Looked it up. And I think it probably has to do with the fact that Stepmother Märchen seems to be way more popular than Gokutsuma Days (triple the views, twice the follows).

Also, I checked since I'm a part of EJ's discord but they've also been surprisingly very silent about this incident (probably to not cause any drama) - no annoucements or anything. You wouldn't even know the project's been sniped. Contrary to that, SLC's community seems to be bigger and a lot more vocal when something of the sort happens.

And well, to be fair, in that case, SLC at least had the "decency" to make their own version from scratch, instead of riding on someone else's work like now (though that doesn't make it any more right).

Users who are viewing this thread