The Fantasie of a Stepmother

ka

TO BE FAIR YOU HAVE TO TRANSLATE THE FIRST 3 CHAPTERS SO NO ONE WILL HAS A THING TO SAY TO YOU
AND THANK YOU I REALLY LIKE YOUR TRANSLATION

What the...

"TO BE FAIR YOU HAVE TO TRANSLATE THE FIRST 3 CHAPTERS SO NO ONE WILL HAS A THING TO SAY TO YOU
AND THANK YOU I REALLY LIKE YOUR TRANSLATION"

That's not the point here.

It's about DON'T TAKE SOMEONE'S PROJECT

they've worked so hard on it

If you wanna translate it that badly, I suggest you to support by joining them.

They hadn't posted new chapters because they're being careful not to make trouble with korean authors since they are banning these translations.

Seriously, I'm quite angry at the moment after seeing comments that support this cunning single translator.
Do they never think of how much it hurts when someone stole your work or how much it hurts when everything you've done is being taken away even though you've worked hard on it.

Don't be so selfish and think how others feel!

Can someone please tell me WHY ARE YOU GUYS SO MAD???
Just one comment used the f word (not maening to tell it to the SLC group, but as an adv. for emphasising on the fact that it took a month) and most of the other comments DID appreciate SLC's work too! (with like no offense!)
And I don't get how is your work ruined??! There are still 3 chapters which you say you've worked so hard on them (and we all know), and then a lot of people had thanked you so many times for that and no one said your work was useless or not good enough! Actually it was pretty good, ofc better than the new ones and we all know that (with the redrawing and proofreading and all)
What I don't understand (which I wish you would help me to do) is why are you mad?
No one denied your hardwork, No one cursed "YOU" specifically, and your effort is right there without being ruined! You can both have your translations and I'm sure readers won't abandon you (none of you two)
I apologise if I've hurt your feelings in anyway I just hope for this to settle quick bc it's not something worthy of your time and emotions. It's really simple actually (in my opinion)

Welp, this is the problem with the new scanlation group (or person? Lmao) they didn't know the scanlation etiquette of "Don't steal other's works". Oh well it already happened so.

This is not about the problem of not having a faster release, it is about not wanting to get find out by the PUBLISHERS of the series. Because you know what will happen if they ever find out? They will:
1. Stop the series.
2. Sue the scans group.

SLC has been very careful about this thing because they almost got caught by the publishers who are hunting scans group, so the SLC decided to private their discord and some series.

If ya'll wanted faster release so much, you can:
1. Join them.
2. ASK if they still plan to continue the series.

So given the uploader not wanting to join the group, they can, you know? ASK FOR A CONSENT? of claiming the project, you know?

Lots of groups hated the idea of sniping (stealing works of others because they worked hard on that) others' works. The thought of almost finishing cleaning and redrawing chapters and then someone just uploaded it? What a waste of time.

And some of you all cursing the scans group just because they haven't uploaded it just for ONE MONTH? Oh geez this ppl. You haven't experienced waiting every month for a release or even waiting for 3, 6, or even 1 YEAR just for a release? Oh geez.

"I don't want to cause a drama" well, you just did? You publicize this whole thing by leaving a foot note, like you made them a villain and, you the victim. Staffs private messaged you just so to avoid public drama. Oh well, good job right there *claps*

Thanks for translating. I don't think there's anything wrong with what you are doing. Just because someone is translating, it doesn't mean you can't do it as well. They don't own the series, why would anyone need their consent? It's fine if they want to invite you to join them. It may even be a good idea to work on it together. But there's no need to stop if you decide not to join them. Groups can make their own rules, but if you're not part of those groups, there's no reason for you to follow them. Unless MangaDex has a rule that forbids this, I don't see why you can't continue uploading to MangaDex. If it's about courtesy, then maybe people should respect the efforts you made for sharing your own translation, regardless of what anyone else is doing.

@Lmaowhat How is that stealing? There was no "Chapter 4 translated by SLC group" on the whole internet! And they just released it so how is that stealing??
What we're doing is illegal anyway, both parties can get cought. So what's the point?? You are saying comments are harsh and toxic. But actually it's you who is being toxic here with that aggressive tone of yours.

Dude
Another supporter for this "no-group" girl?

She's causing a drama alright

Look, there are rules for translation project just like the comments below us have said. That rule is not only fir ONE GROUP but for everybody who translating things.

Follow the etiquette will ya?

Just bc something is simply a rule doesn't mean you should obey! What's the logic behind this rule? Why can't 2 groups or even more work on a same project without getting in each other's way??

She can work with the existed group, but she don't want to. They asked her many times if she want to but she refused. Some groups are collaborating on a series, because they agreed upon them.

It's a waste of time when 1 group is working on that series while the others is doing that too. They can just collab just fine but the other party (which is this uploader) refused to do so.

Me being toxic alone? Why don't you read the older comments cursing the SLC just because the staff PRIVATE messaged her but that girl made this thing huge by adding the note at the end of the chapter when the staffs wanted to talk her alone? She made this whole propaganda to make her the victim while making the SLC looks like the evil ones. Look what happened? Most of the commentators cursed them which upsets the whole scans group.

The point is that SLC they worked hard translating the previous chapters. Translating, proofreading, cleaning, redrawing, typesetting, quality checking. Just so everyone will receive a high quality translation that is close to the raw ones. But I guess that most of the readers here just wanted a "quantity" over "quality". And also, they wanted to settle things down until the PUBLISHERS stops tracking so that's why it took 1 month.

Oh wow making new account just for commenting and throwing oil to the fire.
To be fair he/she could asked the group first and in the wrong position since the series seems not dropped by the group, but you guys just like want to burn people huh.
And to be honest, i also don't really believe of any claims of what did you guys said since none of you seems related to the group itself (at least from i see on the mangadex account).

Well, don't believe it then, do what you want. She started all of this, and I'm just expressing the staff's disbelief of this whole thing since I came from the discord not this site since I rarely read here (I only read a few series here because I mostly read from the SLC's site, and other scans group's site). After all not all SLC and other group's series are being released here.

Lmao this dude is NOT getting sued, publishers literally have no way of figuring out his identity, he can just hop on a VPN to upload.

To the translator: honestly if this drama is wearing you out then feel free to stop translating and don't feel compelled to join another group either and have them profit off of your work. You're giving people a free service, translating takes time and work, and judging by the comments here why bother. I know if I ever found the time to provide free translations and this is the response I get, I'd fuck off and just enjoy the series by myelf.

ka

How is that stealing,
OK it is stealing from the original creator
, not from the translator group
so keep up don`t mind anyone if you are ok with it

ka

@Mamaisangry
you can't force anyone to join to the team, and there is NO role that state " no one can translate if there is already someone who translates it" I like this team translation but she/he has the right to do whatever he wants

Tbh, keep posting.. I have been waiting for slc to post the updates but ot seems like it never happen.. Thanks to you, we all finally be able to read the chapters.. You have my support.. Come on.. What is life without drama? It will be too boring.. Just do whatever u wanna do! U have our support

Why the fuss seriously. At the end of the day, any fan translation is just as illegal. Yall complaining she’s sniping, yet you are still reading her works. What a hypocrite. Please just appreciate any fan work to bring this amazing webtoon for us to read. If you are really that upright, you wouldn’t be on mangadex.

They are not forcing her to join, they ASKED her if she wanted to, but she refused. So the staffs asked her that she need to stop doing that but she also refused that. Many groups have a rule of no one should steal any other's works, you know?

It's a big slap to them who worked hard on the previous chapters then out of nowhere someone stole it. When they can asked if they can continue the series.

Translator, translate the whole thing with their knowledge and also provide translation notes. Proofreader fixed the grammars and to shorten the sentences so that it is pleasing to the eyes of the others. Cleaner and Redrawer cleans the whole dialogues, SFXs, and replace the missing art which are cleaned. Typesetter, typesets/puts appropriate fonts for dialogues, speeches, and of course the SFXs so that it will turn out close as possible to the raws. And lastly, Quality Checker, recheck the whole thing, if he/she can find any missing pages, texts, and etc., QC mostly have the skills of all the above.

So, with a team of those, they provide high quality release so that everyone can enjoy, pleasing fonts, grammar, and etc. But I guess that most of you wanted faster release than quality, huh?

You probably don't know the rule of sniping because you haven't join any discord groups which they often talk about that thing. If 6 months already passed and they haven't updated the series, everyone can now freely translate that.

It's so upsetting that a lot of you can't wait just for a month for the updates when it's only been a MONTH, there are a lots of manga/manhwa/manhua that took a lot of time to update but not everyone complained about that. And look what we have here? The uploader puts a note and then most of the commentator forgot their manners and said that it's okay?

@ka Dude, I myself said it so many times that this is already illegal! I think If you really put your mind on it you'll understand that I already know it's stealing from the original creator! But since I replied to someone else, then I'm not talking about the creator but the group translations. Just think before you talk. SiMpLe

@Aeriandra
From what I understand, the unwritten policy of one scanlation group per series is based on keeping with the quality and consistency of releases, so that sudden name changes aren’t implemented (and if they are, they’re at least explained and/or edited into previous releases by the group to reflect that change). Likewise, the quality might not be on par when someone outside the main scanlation team uploads their own version.

This tends to anger the usual scanlation team because they feel like all their current work on the chapter that has been just released by someone else is now meaningless. All the more so when scanlator bashing appears when a newer group/person releases a chapter faster than the first group scanlating the same series, and make it appear that they are lagging behind. The cause for this delay could be for any reason, from real life issues to group tactics in the practice of releasing multiple chapters at once rather than the usual pace of a single chapter.

Another reason is, as @SirCuddleschmidt pointed out, it's not uncommon for smaller groups to burnout faster than larger scanlation teams.

Meanwhile, some groups are as @AbyssalMonkey described and intentionally prevent other scanlation groups from picking up the series that are under their group name. Teams that intentionally withhold releases though, are generally despised by the community at large.

Other times, their intentions are not as malicious as the above and they simply overburden themselves by taking on multiple projects that it is difficult for them to adhere to a regular release schedule. Typically when this happens, the series being handled by the group take different priorities and are consequently affected by the team’s own interest (either lack of it or not) and/or the commentary by readers (based on whether or not the group is interested or not). This tends to lead to a lot of infrequent updates on certain series.

Ultimately the other team can still release their own version, but some groups don’t because they appear repetitious and/or feel it is meaningless to upload a second version (unless they feel theirs is significantly superior).

That all said, I strongly agree that no one owns the right to scanlate a particular series (unless the author has given their express approval) and am of the same opinion as what you have written on the issue of monopolization as well as the original purpose of scanlation, that is, to share the series with a broad audience that is unable to access the original -- I think you clearly expressed how I felt on the matter.

Users who are viewing this thread