The Fantasie of a Stepmother

@MXCL it's the scanlator group's choice to change the names as they see fit, and i don't think them having read the previous chapters or not have anything to do with it :)

YASSS new chapters, god i love this story. Only a lil bit of a hassle when there is such a size difference during the chapters. Some parts are HUGE while ohers tiny, so I always have to zoom in and out. Hope it will get fixed in the next chapters.
Other than that, thank you for bringing the chapters to us :D

......shuli is basically inheriting the rivalry or love triangle of the previous generation. Johaness, the late empress, the emperor, the current empress, nora's parents... ? owo

@BearSenpai. It's pretty obvious the male lead is Jeremy and not every Shoujo story has to have romance between male lead and the female. Also all the children of the household are great people with absolutely no bad motive. I hope shuli doesn't choose any partners and just be with those children as a mother if they are ok with it or as a guardian. Also need more chapters where shuli especially tries to gets as much as possible away from the shity manipulative prince. He is trash. He is a backstabber on top of everything. He betrayed the friendship between him and Jeremy.

I get that beggars can’t be choosers and truly I am grateful for you guys picking up and translating; genuinely, thank you...But is there no one in your group who can provide better proofreading or can better translate nuances in the dialogue? I feel like I haven’t been able to fully appreciate the original work’s intensity in these last few chapters due to the clunky choices in translation by the team.

I don’t mean to be maliciously hurtful with this comment, I really hope you guys continue. I love this series and would just love if the translation could be more clear.

Really do wish you all the best.

@Siddj I agree that not every shoujo manhwa has to have the female lead end up with the male lead, but I think that in this case it will be better for Shuli to end up with someone, since Jeremy made such emphasis on how he wants her to live for herself and not be burdened with his family. Although it’s true that marriage isn’t the best happy ending in all cases, I feel that, given the social perspective of the time period of this manhwa, marriage is something that is seen as the social norm for happiness. I do however, think that both Nora and Jeremy are both the male leads in this manhwa. The backstory of both characters will/have been introduced and that allows for plot in the future. Likewise, there is a challenge that both characters have to overcome.
Jeremy has to take on the role as the head of the family in the future, so he will have to learn how to evaluate situations and act accordingly in difficult times. I feel that we will see him acting as a foil to his past self (how he handled the situation that concluded with the trial), and grow up as a responsible man who knows how to think before he acts. With Nora, I think that his main challenge is the stand up against the prince, since in a previous chapter, it was seen how he is misunderstood by his parents and how they “liked” the prince better since the prince acted behind their backs. Therefore, his challenge is to overcome that and become a person who can prove himself and show what he is capable of.

I just noticed that Empress Ludovica - the crown prince's (I don't remember his name) mother and Shuli look exactly alike. That's so mind-boggling. Was she a reincarnation of the empress or smth?????

@Haevn Scans
As of recently, the chapters uploaded have been a little confusing in terms of the translation. It kind of seems like you guys rushed to finish them and didn't take the time to check it over for any grammatical errors that popped up.

I'm not sure of the reason, but if you guys are rushing in the hope's of trying to catch up to the raws, that's not necessary. Take your time and pump out the best quality you guys can do. Like the saying goes, "quality over quantity" is always the best option.

Nonetheless, I appreciate the work you've guys done, can't wait for you next work!~

Yeah. Thabk you for translation. I also found some mistakes. In chapter 52 you lost pictures when kids happy that their mother won. It was beautiful moment. And then when Shuri smiled to Nora and said "i won" there was monologue, but not Shuri's, it was Nora's monologue.
Also moment with apologize from empress? It's strange. Thank you for your hard work. And i said these things not because I don't like the translation, but to help improve the quality and point out some important missing points

@siddj While Jeremy is an important character, he isnt the ML. Nora is the official ML. I mean hes even on the cover by himself. He gets more showtime in the story as everyone gets older.

@sqrt9 the cover poster changes time to time, mostly when a new arc begins. It has nothing to do with being the main lead.

7/10 at best. Good art, unbelievably frustrating story.
>dies alone because she isolated herself from everyone to get best results. >time travels back knowing who is an enemy and who is an ally >knows she needs people and to communicate >kept skills and knowledge from her first try about noble society >she accepts the parasites of family members when fully knowing their insidious behavior from her past life >gets screwed over by NOT communicating and instead she lets the parasites do whatever they want >fails to punish schemers with legal action and continues to act childishly and naively >unnecessary mystique built around the antagonists

It’s another shoujo story about a naive and hardworking female lead in the cutthroat nobility, but this time, she has kids to take care of, which she will do poorly. She’s supposed to be the oversight, but does things herself instead of delegating tasks. What a load of hogwash, unnecessarily dramatizing every incident. How she managed to raise the kids well the first time? I can’t fathom.

Can't take ML seriously as he looks like a baby next to MC and her children (or rather, like one of the kids), and MC looks all grown-up

Users who are viewing this thread