The Fed-Up OL Wants to Serve the Great Villainess - Ch. 13

Dex-chan lover
What a massive idiot if she really goes through it.
It's easy to forget in these stories since so many authors dispense with it before the end of the chapter 1, but at the end of the day these are in fact teenagers at school, with all the hormone and immaturity driven drama, insecurities, competitiveness etc that can entail. However much those of us decades away from it can look at it with hindsight as silly it doesn't necessarily seem that way in the moment. Admittedly it's a fine balance and I don't know how well the author will do with it, but it doesn't inherently bother me if for once a normal teen actually kinda acts like a normal teen. Natori of course is a working adult albeit a young one, and Lapis has faced an unusual level of loss, responsibility and expectations since a very young age. I don't dislike someone normal just being normal though in a story like this and it doesn't inherently make them stupid or a villain. We'll see how it gets executed on of course.
She should very well know that social status is something Natori doesn't care about in the least.
Sure, though fwiw Natori is old enough and has seen at least some of the darker part of the working world after school to have some appreciation for social status, at least inasmuch as it help secure a good position. Of course it's not everything, but one can't eat or pay rent on purity alone.

But as much as anything it's not actually about Natori but Diana's own self-respect. She desires to be someone she herself feels is worthy, and at this stage of her life she doesn't actually have that much solid yet (which is normal!). Yeah she's gotten into a good school and put in some real work, but it's completely understandable if she feels insecure in the face of someone like Lapis. It's not even inherently a bad thing to want to push oneself and accomplish great things, though of course in this case she may end up on the wrong path there.
Plus, It's such a transparent manipulation method, commoner or not, and ultimately she's in good graces with Lapis and Gran so it's not like she's without options or connections. She should be running to tell them what happened, specially to Gran aka the fucking Prince.
Eh, at that age "I want to solve things myself not go to authority" is something that happens. Plus part of the trick here is that he has both truth and an arguable point: there really is a revolt brewing, and Diana really is uniquely positioned. If a commoner given tons of shit from nobles helped resist a revolt against the system that's going to be a different narrative. That it would be an accomplishment on top is part of the temptation. Gran is someone she's now worked with, but unlike in the original story they aren't close here, he's not a confident. Lapis is an object of admiration and learning, but also somewhat unapproachable and not someone Diana is exactly sharing a bunk bed with. That itself is another possible issue, does Diana even have any close friends at the school? Here we also see the teachers potentially harboring some disdain she'd notice. The changes Natori has started may ironically have left the original heroine more isolated.

Author may screw it all up and it could have used more fleshing out and build up, things do kinda feel rushed along. But I'm not going to dismiss it out of hand either.

Dex-chan lover
Diana is cute and good intentioned, but I can't root for someone that after all this time still can't say her crushes name right nor makes any attempt to try. Like, Lapis makes a lot of effort to get to know Natori, even if in the beginning only to manipulate her. Diana has really only been receiving. Even this right here is an example of her not really interested in knowing what Natori wants, but more about competing with the persons she views as her rival. Realistically, she's kind of a shitty suitor.
Exactly my thoughts.
I seriously have no idea how people keep trying to support her, or even worse, keep wanting "poly" or whatever with her.
My guess it's that it's either sheer contrarianism or just wanting it just for the sake of "uniqueness" points without any sort of care or thought towards the actual narrative or story.

Why is it that almost every character in almost every manga takes everything that is said at face value, it's so frustrating.

Dex-chan lover
I love Diana she do not play when it comes to natori. That girl ready to fight anyone who talks about natori lol. But I also love they way lapis just knows she that girl. I love the way she treats natori it’s so sweet and lovely. I already sense that Diana and lapis are going to have a big magic fight for whatever reason even though the real reason it’s going to be over natori while I do like Diana we just know lapis going to take the dub. This is literally my first magic/reincarnation manga I ever like great job to the author.

Dex-chan lover
Diana is cute and good intentioned, but I can't root for someone that after all this time still can't say her crushes name right nor makes any attempt to try. Like, Lapis makes a lot of effort to get to know Natori, even if in the beginning only to manipulate her. Diana has really only been receiving. Even this right here is an example of her not really interested in knowing what Natori wants, but more about competing with the persons she views as her rival. Realistically, she's kind of a shitty suitor.
I see where you coming from but I feel like Diana doesn’t get that much of a chance to be around natori like lapis does. Mind you Diana said she missed her while on break and haven’t been able to see her and she doesn’t really get alone time with her, so you can’t be too mad at her. I just love how Diana just ready to beat anybody ass for a natori.

Fed-Kun's army
I don't think trusting someone that is willing to get you in trouble with a teacher just so they can talk to you is a wise choice.

Dex-chan lover
Lapis was so gentle and affectionate with Diana, without any obvious ulterior motives... It could just be that Diana reminds her of the dead childhood friend, but maybe she's preparing to leave Natori in Diana's care?

It's so easy to imagine Margrave as a woman, like I barely have to adjust the character design at all. It could have been a great new problematic ship for Diana. Nekotaro-sensei please deliver us from the evil twink and give us another female character instead

Dex-chan lover
I hope that Diana won't fall for the manipulation because I feel like her betraying them just like that is too out of character for her, even if "love makes you blind" or something.

Dex-chan lover
The rode to Hell is often paved with good intentions...

Users who are viewing this thread