The Flower Dances and the Wind Sings - Ch. 15

It’s called post-partum depression, my mom had the same thing so I kinda get how Vicente feels...

“that’s how you and i got married in the first place” THAT WAS SO OUT OF POCKET SKSJSKCN

This chapter hurt. I wasn't expecting the duke to be so straightforward. I guess I was right about feeling like he was a ticking bomb or hiding something.

Aggregator gang
Honestly, this feels like one of the more authentic class-based marriage stories. Politics and society make things messy.

so it’s pretty much confirmed that ercella really did have postpartum depression :(( my sister had it when she had my niece and i’ve seen the effects it has on both the mother, the child and the people around them so i can empathise quite a lot with the family here it’s really not an easy thing to overcome

yeah i still stand by the fact that the hate ercella got/gets as a mother is SO UNCALLED FOR especially when shitty tyrant dads never get the same energy and people are so much more willing to see them be redeemed :/

i’m glad we’re finally getting a flashback/backstory that will probably put things into perspective.

it broke my heart when ercella started tearing up and saying she wanted to die🤧

especially back in those times, mental disorders/illnesses were probably unheard of so she most likely never got her postpartum depression treated. ofc it’s still not an excuse for being a bad mother but at the very least, she didn’t neglect her son for shits and giggles or because she was just an evil person.

Users who are viewing this thread