The Flower Dances and the Wind Sings - Ch. 15

I'm sorry, I'm not giving her a pass because she was young. You want to know why, because there was always the option of waiting to have children, but Vicente didn't choose to come into the world. He couldn't go back in the womb and come out when she was ready. Yeah, young mothers make mistakes, but she left a sick child to go party? Nope, nope, no. Your child sees you as a parent whether you are a child yourself or not. The fact that you took your anger out on a child... Nope.

Harsen was hypocritical, but not wrong. After years of not giving a damn about your child, you can't wake up and now expect to have a say in a child you neglected. How can it be trusted not to be a whim?

Harsen isn't any better, don't get me wrong. Instead of offering the options of waiting before they had children, to grow into their marriage, he got her pregnant. Instead of confronting her about her neglect of their child, he allowed her to do whatever and now uses those flaws to throw back in her face in an argument? You don't have a leg to stand on. Even if arranged marriage is a thing, how in the hell can you marry your son off to a psychopath? Shouldn't you vet the girl.

Vicente. Leave you parents and run. They both idiots.

@kenone this is not the type of story to apply 21st century logic to. She was 17 in an arranged marriage where her purpose is basically to produce an heir. I'm pretty fucking sure she didn't get to choose when to have Vicente. Yes, she blamed the wrong person, but when you're in a situation with no way out and suicidal as she says, you're going to be blaming people that haven't done you anything wrong.

No she did NOT have the option to wait before having a kid. It's exactly why she was a horrible mother. She was too young + the sudden change in environment was bad for her. She went from a childhood that was all flowery and good to a place that's purely politics and business real quick. She didn't even have enough time to enjoy her teenage years which was why she overcompensated after the birth of her son. Now, I do know that a lot of young mothers have raised their child well, but it goes both ways. It was especially hard for Ercella because she was treated like a princess back in her house, then after the marriage she had no one to lean on to and was basically alone. Aaand lonely + depressed doesn't exactly mix well my guy

Tbh I don't like how the FL went about with trying to "change" things because her personality basically did a 180 which would put people off rather than thinking that maybe she's really changing for the better. Buuuuut Harsen... Oh Harsen. You're basically calling out your wife for neglecting your son + taking her anger out on him... when you didn't even do shit? Ma'am that's even worse... You basically turned a blind eye on the abuse.
Vicente has TWO parents, if one isn't doing shit, then the other should step up. All you did was drown your son in responsibilities. You never gave him any comfort. You think that's not neglect?? The only difference between Harsen and the FL is that the latter's neglect was more blatant because she always went to parties and was more indifferent towards Vicente. Oh wait both of them were pretty indifferent towards him so there's that. Telling Vicente to yeet out of their lives would be pointless at this point (lol) because the damage has already been done. He grew up that way and he literally doesn't care anymore HAHAHAHAHA

And that's on today's episode of Having Dysunctional Parents

@Thifa @AnimeFangirlX YES!!! Like why is everyone putting the blame on Ercella?? Ma'am... Vicente has two parents. One is down with depression and blames the kid. What does the other do?? Uhhhh, nothing? Except put pressure on Vicente as the heir?? Now tell me that's not neglect from both sides??

@tissuebox

Damn, I wanted them to work as a family, but if Ercella's family and Harsen's family aren't on the same side I don't know how that is going to work. But I am confused about the part where you say the 1st prince is her nephew. I thought they mentioned rather early on that her older sister, the late Empress, did not have children of her own. So I would think her brother's kids are the only niece and nephew she has?

Bruh...
Harsen, I wouldn't have remembered your name if the FL didn't shout it coming in lmao. Go back to your desk and have a seat, you flaccid deadbeat coward.

Adding on to what others have already said, Ercella’s father was also extremely sick when she got married and had Vicente, so that probably put even more stress on her.

Usually, the time skip genre has MC turning back to the past with a total 180 personality change from the past self(like innocent FLs who gets shat on her whole life suddenly turn into scheming villainous after going back in time). Here I like how she stays with her dumb self even with her second chance.
What did she even do after getting back in time? Act like a totally different person and confuse everyone around her and blame others for not understanding her(like she is the only one suffering).

that husband did not understand it. she's still young and can't he see she's now trying her best? the past is already there what can she do about that. That fvcking idiot

All I can say is that they really weren't ready to be parents. Poor child, I'm surprised he grew up rather normal within these circumstances.

Users who are viewing this thread