The Flower Dances and the Wind Sings - Ch. 17

it seems like he perhaps fell for her but i can see that she did not, she viewed him as some sort of savior or maybe even an escape towards a honest to god creep, the "better" choice ... their first encounter is not really romantic for me..? it seems like she wasn't even interested in falling in love. hope things get extremely better for her ( ><) /\

By looking at him i can see that he falled in love with her since the beginning of their dances

But i cannot say that ercella felt the same

Rip unrequired love lmao

She just see him as the 'best choice'
And how she didn't raise his/their son well

I can't wait for the story to go back at present, the couple just need to talk and sort things out, and maybe some lingering feelings will arise ❤️🤭

The way I see, she didn't even had time to fall for him with all that was going on. This was the first step to her mental health downfall, I guess... We can't just erase the things she did to her son, but we can't simply blame her as she was being pressured by "the best choices for her family" and society isn't kind with women in general. She went from a normal adolescent/young woman to wife to mother and contrary to what people may think, one new and perfect version of Mother doesn't take over your personality when you give birth. Her family valued hard work and talent, but society thinks a woman should stay home just take care of her children, as if she isn't a person anymore. I'm not trying to make excuses, she's a terrible mother, but just want to point out that it's no just her fault as postnatal depression is more common than you might think and nobody even thought of helping her, she was just criticised right and left. Her husband may have had the good intention to let her free, doing whatever she wanted, she was hurting and so was he, neither tried to talk about, much less find some counselling for her. And now he's blaming her too and while I know she's a bad mother, I'm pissed at him.

Wow, sorry for the long comment, I'm not even married or have children of my own. Lol
I can't see how this family can have a good ending after hurting each other so much, looking forward to see how this will work out.

Waahhhh. I hope the cute scenes of their younger days could last for more chapters. Hihi

@Galua making points. everything was happening too fast there couldve been smth deep between the two of them but ercella was being pressured to marry. even after the marriage their relationship couldve still deepened but then vicente was born and having a child rlly changes up the relationship between a married couple. their attention is no longer placed on one another and instead on their son (ercella in hating him, hersen in raising him to be a perfect heir) so i dont think they had much chances for their relationship to be one with love as the foundation rather than trust/obligation/strategy- hence why ercella still referred to hersen as her "best choice"

@Galua I 100% with you on this. She was at the highest point of her life where she could enjoy herself but as soon as she was 17 she was forced to marry for "FAMILY". Like bruh. Like sure Harsen seemed like he was a better person than Damonshire's young master but this ain't no shitty fairy tale. "Omigosh this guy handsome I fall in love quick quick" No. He was a friend at best. Her options for marriage were just bad and worse.
Instead of letting her do want she wanted when they both knew they were hurting each other, Harsen, as the person who initiated the marriage proposal should've taken the lead in communicating as a young couple. Maybe it would've led to her being a better mother, maybe he'd have noticed what was happening to her in her first life with more attention and she wouldn't have died and he wouldn't have to suffer.
But alas, we are seeing the best depiction of humans and their mistakes here. I'm very hopeful of this series where a second chance doesn't mean a reset. Her every mistake will live with her and her first wall is not her son, but her husband's trust in her.

Double-page supporter
I literally thought Harsen was Vicent in that they look so similar to each other its adorable!!

Users who are viewing this thread