The Flower Dances and the Wind Sings - Ch. 23

I'm not really enjoying the mental breakdown tbh

Now that she got back in time, is this mental illness cured - leaving her free to actually critically face the issues she had (like her husband being emotionally absent, and her associating her son with that guy)? Or is she gonna will herself better?

I guess without medication that's all they had. Anyway, it's a different type of conflict - so far, it's interesting.

Thanks for the translation!

the length of this flashback is so exhausting... i have to wonder who thought it was a good idea to abruptly cut them off in the middle of an important conversation to take a NINE CHAPTERS LONG break?? thanks for the translation!!

speechless on how detailed they portrayed her depression.

somehow i dont blame mc, i mean people have different mindsets, some people are strong that can always see the positive side and some just don't.

Honestly, somehow i see myself in her (not that i have an cold parents and such) but if things go downwards i usually think of the worst case senarios, and i blame myself, then i shut myself out.

People reach out, they do. Then i try to be positive.

There are sometimes that i would say positive stuff just for show and not actually believe in it.

Haha, sorry for the rant, this chapter just unlocked the door, im gonna close it again.

Btw thank you for the translation, awsome chapter.

All these comments about the flashback being too long, just GTFO. This flashback is so important in setting the tone and character development for future chapters, its for understanding the character's motivation and feelings. These are all things which are important to give the story depth and complexity, just go read some other wish fulfillment isekai trash if you can't appreciate what the story is doing

What our mc needed was emotional support that she in fact never received 😭 I hope she can change everything for the better in this lifetime..

Fed-Kun's army
The depression she experienced is realistic. I'm surprised that any author would depict this much realism of a mental disorder especially an asian one (most of asia still doesn't recognize mental illness as an actual thing).
The depression is real, and it's kind of depressing.
But yes, I do think she should try and open up to Vicente and Harsen about how she was feeling and what she went through.

@sadrobot

I had to laugh when I read your comment about Harsen being so unfazed after framing people and scheming, etc., because after reading it I then saw your avatar of the "emotionless, doll prince".

I was like, "...well, when it comes to people who are unfazed by the ruin brought about by their machinations and scheming..." 😂

yeah, that's it. nothing serious. just wanted to say "thanks" for the lols.

Double-page supporter
I feel bad for Harsen. He's called on so many doctors to her. Even tried to comforted her early into her pregnancy but she won't say anything. It's too real.... this shows of motherhood too real.. 😢

the flashback was 100% needed because I know some people were going to place the blame solely on her without recognizing her mental illness and worries she went through. god damn do all these bitches need therapy!

My sister fooled me. She told me the flashbacks are just chapters. Now I'm in the end, is this just two chapters... I'm not going to wake her up early this beach...

Omg Ercella keeps breaking my heart.
Her cry for help was answered with a vacation and her husband doesn't seem to think that the fact that she heard him plan out the murder of the previous queen and the family she would have married into would affect her.

I just want Vincente to learn of all this because damn

I've commented like this before, but i just want to say it again. They are so pitiful... both ercella and harsen. This theme is so close to real life that it brought my heart down. I juat hope this family, as well as the visarides, will be happy...

I just binged from around chapter 12 to here and welp... needless to say that I ugly cried. 😭😭😭😭

As a girl currently going through depression I need to take a deep breath sometimes after reading these chapters. I bet the author or someone close to her went through it. It's so damn well done. That or some really thorough research.
The FL doesn't have depression because of X, it developed slowly because of all the changes in her life, like small drops of water one after the other, until she wasn't big nor strong enough to carry their weight and she can't even get out of bed on this chapter. Distractions and changes in the routine help but don't necessarily fix, so I'm really looking forward to the next chapter.
Also, thanks for the effort on translating it so well ❤️ really makes all the difference.

I agree that these flashbacks although long it helped the readers to better understand the Ercella's pov and even Harsen's too. Yes they're bad as parents and spouse but the neglect isn't because they're inherently heartless or evil it's just the circumstances were forcing them to do what they could that time, and unfortunately not everyone has the mental and physical capacity to manage every aspect in their life.
Also it's the first time I read manhwa portraying depression with such details - at least amongst josei genre I read recently

gosh i really cried ehole reading this chapter. the writer is damn amazing. i really felt their emotions.

Dex-chan lover
@lamsar503 LMFAOO TRUUE!!! And aww that’s cute dang. It’s a pleasure my comment+pfp combo made u laugh. Right after reading the chapter, I hope it helped lift up the mood XDD

But ye, I forget prince Cecil is also a scary personnage. He’s so cute when he reacts to Bertia’s bakaness. (〃ω〃) I remember once he thought smth like "I never experienced regret before" and I was "omfgg oh shit I—" he can probably kill ppl and don’t regret anything.

btw if you guys want to recover after reading the depressing stuff I'd recommend "I became the villain's mother" it has similar concept with this - mc is someone who tries to become a better mother for her son, except it's all fluff and cuteness! a nice read if you're looking for something light ^^

p.s I love both webcomics but lmk if it's not allowed here I'll edit accordingly

Users who are viewing this thread