The Flower Dances and the Wind Sings - Ch. 24

Both of then are idiots who cant express themselves honestly and then the miscommunication pile up for years and now led to this. Well understandable since theyre raised in such environment to refrain oneself. I'd say the blame falls on both instead of just one. Like how she said she wants to be understood, she also needs to clarify she wants to understand him, it goes both ways. But she didnt, thats why i could not agree and think shes the only right ones. He had always loved her but only to receive the same answer everytime hurts him thinking how nothing had change from the marriage and to add how her lack of response with their child may indicate she hates being with him in a way.

lkw

love that this level of miscommunication makes a lot of sense and I feel it really fits the scenario rather than a convenient plot tool of the author

these kinds of stories remind me how important real communication and understanding is for my future relationships :(( also thank u for bald photo trying to ease the pain.

Double-page supporter
My grandma told my mom after grandpa died that "She loved him but wasn't even in love with him, that he was her best choice." My mom was pissed over that cause my grandpa was head over heels for grandma

This has got to be the most stressful fucking manga I have ever read. Lmao, I read this shit to relax, but hell, I ain't feeling any better. It's ok though, because this is really good and refreshing, and I want to see the family relationship develop.

Fed-Kun's army
What wonderfully story.
The characters have realistic problems and personalities with much depth and dynamics.
It's not a happy go lucky relationship. He doesn't simp for her. She, likewise doesn't simp for him. For her, she has an unhealthy reliance on him, but it's a perfectly valid reason due to her mental illness. As for the male lead we know he cares about her, but just can't truly Express it.
Out of all the Korean webnovel or comics about romance I have read so far, this one basically has not only the most realistic characters, but a realistic relationship, marriage dynamic, and relationship problems. Not to mention she only gets a minor do over. The problems that happened in the past aren't gone, the repercussions of both of their actions still remain, and can't be undone, only fixed. She doesn't get a cheat. Things are still hard. She still has depression and those negative feelings. Is it a misunderstanding? Yes, but also no. Even if they talk it all out, it won't fix the problem. They are going to immediately be all lovey dovey. Because that's not how life nor relationships works. The feelings you had, that festered I'm the depths of your heart still exist. Solving the misunderstandings don't make them go away. They don't make you feel better. And this chapter showed exactly that. She told him everything thing, but it didn't fix the problem. Because what they felt was still there. Even if he came out and said he loved her (which we don't really know yet. I'm guessing it's more complicated than that for both of them), it won't make them suddenly in love. Its complicated and only something that can be solved with not just time, but effort, and even then, the problem (if you can consider it such), may not fully go away, if at all.

And that is why I called it a wonderful. Not because they are in happy fantasy land, but because it is a true representation of reality, hardship, love, remorse, consequences, mental illness, and societal pressure.

Man, I love this series. These past few chapters have truly been wonderful.

Double-page supporter
@Lililily She is really hung up by what that guy who was her previous "best choice" said, now days we'd get her to counseling for the self-esteem issue she clearly is struggling with

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HARSEN PLEASE SAY SOMETHING P L E A S E THE MISUNDERSTANDINGS ARE CLOGGING MY ARTERIES IM GONNA IMPLODE

Wth was that at the end?! 😂🤣 but it lightened my mood up a little :)

wait why does she have a bruise on her ankle, did i miss something?? aside from that thanks for translating!!

Harsen is obviously in love with her. Her "best choice" always torments him.
It's just like yeah you are the best candidate and that's it. if there were someone better I'd not choose you.
The last panel really depicts how he actually went all the way for her.
I understand her depression but I think she is too naive for someone who was raised in a highly influential family.
I feel sorry for both of them. They were cute together before the fallout

I cab agree that Harsen did love her at one point and in all honesty I think she was on the cusp of loving him as well otherwise she wouldn't have been so excited that he was her best choice.

However, neither one of them have the EQ or maybe even the IQ to say what the want or what they feel and it got worse when they both became overwhelmed with the the family matters and him having to leave for the war. Neither one of them were willing to bend a little and speak truths to each other so a rift was born and after 15 years it is wide enough that a bridge can't be built to cross it in a day. At least sheared to say things though, now Harsen needs to man up and finish his thought though no matter how painful it may sound rather than cut her off like that unless he doesn't want to salvage the relationship...

Just as I thought. He loves her at first but she sees him as "I could've married with anyone even if it's not you and be like this" if I hear that I'd be very empty and dirty. Like am I just another empty person to you? Do all humans look the same to you?
All he wanted to hear was probably just "I'm glad to marry you, I'm glad that you're my choice"

She wanted to be understood without saying a word, but she also didn't try to understand him.

Just because the story so far is from the female's perspective we can't just support her without considering the male's point of view.

_My comments from chapter 22_:
Well, the the couple had it rough. We all know how hard the female endured, but if you also look at from the husband's perspective he was also young and had to go through war.

He also had to succeed the duchy plus fighting his greedy family as soon as he got back from war so of course he'd be pissed. He was really busy to managed the duchy...

The wife was depressed cuz she lack comfort, while the husband was annoyed and angry due to his relatives.
_end of my comment on chapter 22_

And now I am convinced that this author made a gold like story ;)
Complicated humans
Well, it's normal to have this unhappy marriage. If you asked parents if they still love each other, most of them would likely only stay together for the kids.

While in this story they stayed cuz it's already done (married) so they just live forward without trying to harmonise. I mean, they just stayed still and only have a real conversation now.

Well, as long as they're not dead yet one can nvr be too late to fix a relationship :)

damn, this is stressful and heart breaking. But I still continue to read it for I want to see the family happy again T-T

Fed-Kun's army
Goddamn awesome story. For once the ML has insecurities too. Constantly being reminded the woman he loved only married him bc he was her “best choice” probably doesn’t feel too great huh? Well they both have communication problems. Same as how he never tried to understand her, she never tried to understand him. They both got a lot on their plate

Users who are viewing this thread