The Flower Dances and the Wind Sings - Ch. 24

They need to talk to each other deeply and clear all of their misunderstandings.

They both rushed everything so fast, the marriage, the baby, then became the the duke/duchess at a young age (more responsibility). All without even properly knowing each other. Even when they went through all of this they were barely acquaintances. And they were too young.

This chapter is giving me anxiety.

I have a theory.

She feels alone, she needs support because she feels she is only there for one thing and that thing is to give birth.
She thought she would receive love because she loves him and expected the same in return. But because they didn't communicate to each other no one knew what the other one felt or was going through.

And he had probably PTSD + stress because he was young and forced in to a big role and he thought she could take of the child since she (probably) loved the child but then she caused "problems" but she never said or asked for help (and if she had he would probably have felt cumbersome by it.)

But in all she got depression during pregnancy and that can manifest by feeling alone, have depression in the past, life stress and some other things.

So all in all therapy, medications and communication would have been the best option for them both.

When she started to cry I was really feeling it, I could totally sympathize her on so many levels, since I'm a mother myself. when the only person you can lean on to suddenly turns his back on you, like damn it's really painful 😭
Honestly I wasn't invested on this manhwa in the beginning but right after that flashback scenes in the previous chaps this has become one of my top fave manhwas, the author really did a great job with the whole miscommunication thing, like it does make a lot of sense, knowing their background, their age, their personality, and the era where they lived in. And I kinda crave for more angst 😁 please give me moreeee, I'm in the mood for self torture rn 😌

Wow. Just wow. I get Harsen's view, but he really just didn't listen to Ercella at all. It's funny because the one who should hate Ercella the most is Vicente yet he notices Ercella's mood and emotions far more than Harsen. Harsen can't blame Ercella for how their relationship turned out. It doesn't seem like Harsen himself ever said that he loved her because Ercella never felt loved completely. She was always anxious and wanted him to be by her side, but he just left her. This is why constant communication of feelings between PEOPLE in general, especially a couple, is so important. Harsen's years of resentment towards Ercella as well as Ercella's breakdown into her failed motherhood.

I hope they work things out because it's obvious that both of them loved each other, but they didn't know where they stood with each other. Harsen needs to understand Ercella and likewise for Ercella. Vicente is actually the easier to fix of the two because he's still young and craves his parents' love while the two adults are most likely jaded and scarred.

From all these mangas I'm learning one thing that will grant you a happy relationship. Don't assume and just fucking talk to the other person. Like, literally all the drama and angst in every romantic manga is the lack of communication over a misunderstanding.

XD So much drama, so much annoyance on my part. Cold and distant ML's are the worst. -sigh-

... wow

this was so deep and frustrating.
the way the story was illustrated really gets you in the feels.

God I have never seen such a well thought out problem between two characters. Thank you so much for translating!!

Fed-Kun's army
@omegaxis1

Did I ever say it was wrong for him to feel that way? There is absolutely nothing wrong with men having feelings, and if *that* was the reading you took away from my comment you are absolutely doing a disservice to not just me but yourself.

At no point did Harsen ever tell the MC he loved her. He barely, if ever, did anything that expressed that he had feelings for her. The very first thing he did when they got married was to leave for war for several months, then on his immediate return he murdered one of his family members in front of her. He then continued this, murdering other nobles through subterfuge. When his wife was obviously suffering instead of caring about how she was he cares only that he wouldn't get a response "authentic" enough for him if he stated he loved her. At no point does he express his feelings, even when she's literally telling him that she wanted to die, and instead turns it into ALL ABOUT HIM and how his feelings (that he never EXPRESSED TO HER) are more important than her suicidal idealizations. Oh booo hooo.

I wouldn't piss on Harsens face if he was on fire at this point. Dude doesn't love her, he loves his idealized version of her and is such a coward he can't even open his mouth and spit out some crumbs of affection towards her, let alone tell her his feelings.

FFUUUU THIS IS SO DEPPRESING I CAN ABSOLUTELY NOT. BUT HOW IS THIS SO WELL WRITTEN EYE- REALLY LEARNED MORE ABT MOTHERHOOD JUST FROM THE PAST FEW CHAPTERS 😭 CAN'T WAIT FOR THE MISUNDERSTANDINGS TO BE SOLVED :((

Just fucking talk to each other properly and solve all of your misunderstandings already!!! By doing this yall are only gonna hurt each other more😭😭

Dang, this is incredibly well written and extremely depressing. I do have some sympathy for Hansen, but I really blame him for not saying anything when she finally spoke her mind to him. She finally told him how upset she when he left her all alone at the worst time of her life, and all he did was stand there.

Users who are viewing this thread