The Flower That Was Bloomed by a Cloud - Ch. 36

In my opinion, Dowun seems like want the Queen to discards all of her "unnecessary" emotion since it would just end up become a hinder towards his goal.
Doesn't mean he doesn't care about her, just like how he didn't tell her about his mother got promote to concubine, he also doesn't want the Queen to disappointed by his own if in the end he still choose the logical path rather than illogical feeling.

There's nothing wrong with Dowun's intention if his partner is actually harboring no feelings towards him or basically the same as him, but Lyon is emotional, she wants love badly as she didn't receive it from her mother or anyone, i can see where she comes from.... i feel bad for her.

You just can't force her to do that boy, she'll grow tired of you and will seek it from someone else, i bet ofc it's the bodyguard.

Dowun could have had Hong Lyon eating out of the palm of his hand if he had played his cards right, but his strategy backfired so badly that she's playing him at his own game but with a side of tyranny and a torrent of emotions.

Ugh. These two. /-_-\

What exactly was she expecting of him? Has Dowun ever shown himself to be the type to pull this sort of emotional blackmail on?

Instead of focusing on securing her position, she's looking for romance from her chief political weapon, who established that such things are either unnecessary or difficult for him.

Let her keep playing emotional games with her safety.

Because romance is so all encompassing and will fill her with food, provide security and maintain the elevated lifestyle she enjoys.

Dowun is playing a longer game than she must realise; her being the Empress won't entirely shield her from his schemes should he turn on her.

Her love-seeking behaviour in an environment such as theirs is risky AF.

@AevaEl It seems you are compleately disregarding her past when assessing her actions. Dowun is the first person to show any interest in her and that means a lot to her. It might not even be romance that she wants. I think she just wants someone to care about her. And right now there is only one person who could give her that and that person is Dowun. The only reason she got to power is that she wouldnt be ignored anymore so that she wouldnt be alone. Sure she is not ignored anymore but she is still very much alone. Power is just a tool to her, it is in no way the end goal for her.

@Cephi

I feel bad for her in a really distant place in my heart, but that's the sad cost of being at the top; even more so, considering how she got there.

Elevated positions often come with extensive detriments to a fulfilling private life and the extent of human contact/desires that can be satisfied.

In her case, she clawed her way to the pinnacle with a consummate politician-from-birth by her side; politics is about results, not emotion.

It's depressing, but she shouldn't expect to have her cake and eat it; not with what she knows of palace life.

This whole manhwa is her trying to do just that 😅
Entertaining struggle to watch, no?

Omg, thank you the little bro is back.
Oh, Dowun. Are you happy now? Didn’t it occur to you that if you made your relationship emotional ON TOP of business it would have been stronger? That is one step you didn’t consider.
I can’t really blame Hong for what’s she’s doing. I think she feel suffocated with him just controlling everything in her life. Baek Han obviously feels like freedom to her.

Aggregator gang
Nah for real, how has a character as smart as Dowun not realized that fanning the flames of her lingering feelings for him would make things so much easier??

By pushing it aside like this he's just fostering resentment on her part. And that can't end well.

Man, Dowun is a fool for not showing Hong love and praise. He has evidence that this works on her. She's starved for it. Of course she'd seek it elsewhere if she can't get it from him. Gaaaaah.

Users who are viewing this thread