The Flower That Was Bloomed by a Cloud

Does anyone know the Hanja for 도운 (Dowun), 백한 (Baek Han), and 홍련 (Hong Lyon)? Out of curiosity.

Dex-chan lover
hmm after reading some early, then mid, and latest chapter i thought this is mostly romance.. but after going to the comment section only to find out this story focus on political, not the romance?
like the main character is using each other without real romantic feelings, is it correct?

@zuflis11
As of right now yes, the ml and the mc aren't in love, ML is using MC to get more power and at this point she is a weak ruler. last chapter just started "something" between MC and baekhan, it's pretty much the first hint of love interest in the series...

Man I can't wait for karma and character development to hit my boi Dowun like a mfkin train~ 🤠 Dowun fam make sure to bring your cameras, because it will go down in history~

On a more serious note, I think this comment section has already provided more than enough proof that he's just a really ugly and calculative person and while I wholeheartedly agree, I just can't bring myself to hate him. He has such a strong presence and characterization that it's impossible to ignore. I mean he doesn't even need to show up in a chapter for us to come here and talk about him, whether it's to pray that he changes for the better, or just to diss his sorry little butt (mostly the latter from what I see lmao).
The author has done a great job with this character and I really like that, we need more characters like these. Can't wait to see what'll become of him in the end.

Here's a bit of speculation on my part:
the little brother will have a really important role later on in the story. I think minor villain to main villain. He might especially turn against Dowun, there's been some hints here and there. The motivation is there too, I don't trust him just coming around all nice and casual after everything that happened to him. That's just not how it works...

As for Dowun he could have a good character development like I mentioned before and repent for what he's done. Or he could just get even worse and become the villain, but in my opinion I find it unlikely. Or maybe I'm just biased, I just really like him and wish he would learn his lesson soon.

I don't know how things will go for HongLyon and BaekHan, I've seen people mention death flags for him here and it does seem possible. I think BaekHan dying would be the last straw for HongLyon, she'd probably snap and end everyone's careers. But you never know~ Though I don't ship it, I wouldn't be mad if HongLyon just ran off with him and had a happy ending, screw everything. Personally I don't think it'd feel right for her to have him as her side lover, but that'd be understandable as well, given the circumstances.

Anyways sorry for the random speculation no one asked for, this story is just so unpredictable that it's almost impossible not to~
I've been following the translations as they come and haven't re-read this series so I might do it soon, maybe my thoughts will change...

Also I wonder what BaekHan's age is...

I have zero issues for people who dislike Dowun - you're free to like and dislike whomever you want. It's fiction lol. No one needs to justify liking or hating a character. Let your heart do what needs must.

But I just want to make it clear what he actually IS so that at the very least we're on the same page regarding what his character is meant to represent. Baek Han is easy to pinpoint (well, for now, unless the author throws us some reveals) but Dowun is not. His type of cold unemotional political manipulator is an archetype that's VERY hard to do well if one wants to make him worthy of redemption. So I want to see how that plays out, given how much thought and effort Bionhu put into portraying Dowun.

Also, there's like... Asian literary tropes at play. Looking through a modern lens is great, but it's good to also take traditional ideas into account when going through the story.

Dowun's control extends only to the political domain. And even then he's being limited by HongLyon. This is SUPER NORMAL EA palace politics in lit. He hasn't actually gaslighted, overly controlled or even attempted to change HongLyon to fit a mould of his own making - like, seriously, she comes to that decision herself because he behaves like an emotionally constipated dick and she realises she needs to harden her heart to Play The Game. As empress, Dowun only comes to her to ask for a decision, to impart advice, or to teach something. There are no emotional appeals at play. He doesn't hold anything for ransom (physically or emotionally). When he does try something sneaky or underhanded, it's in an attempt to remove external obstacles (i.e. emperor, Baek Han, etc. and those things she has no serious connection to at that point - and every time he's made a decision, it has always been the RIGHT decision on his part - BaekHan living has seriously put a damper on Dowun's influence).Dowun lies quite a bit, but most seem to be white lies intended to cover someone's ass (i.e. his dad) which make him look bad. He's a very nuanced and complex character. And he's WAY too mysterious right now. Will he be taken down or will he redeem himself????? That's what I want to KNOW

I haven't read this at all, but scanning through the chapters and wow dowun hot 😳👌💦

just make a damn move already coz im almost switching ships after dowun visited her when she’s having a fever

I want Dowun to make a move in the romance sense but that's clearly not what he meant T T I'm almost scared to think about what's gonna happen

There's a really interesting thing happening in the story that coincides with the title. The flower that was bloomed by a Cloud. If we consider the flower Honglyon then the cloud would have to either something that greatly influences her.

At first I thought the cloud would be the political situation in the palace as I expected Honglyon's fight to become empress the main plot of the story. But that didnt really play out( it ended too fast), so that could only mean that the cloud would have to be either Dowun or Baek han.

So lets first look at what Bloom means here its a little obvious but it refers to change/growth/ a progressive change of a person in the context of the story. So the cloud has to be someone who changes Honglyon.
I think that we also have to figure out what kind of bloom needs to happen, like a flower Honglyon can only bloom once so we have to figure out where in the story is she just a bud. Honglyon changes twice in the story, in the beginning she changed because of Dowun and then she changes because of Baek Han but she can only Bloom once so which was her bloom?

If we consider imagery Baek Han looks more like a cloud, he even wears blue a lot with reminds us of a cloud and the sky. He also has a heavy influence on Honglyon. We see her changes in the recent chapters she's less harsh. But is it a bloom? well..

Dowun has a stronger claim on the cloud title when he proposes to Honglyon in chp 5 he promises her to perfectly bloom her which is strange wording and probably just used as an indicator. He also has lots of cloud imagery surrounding him whenever we see him. But he doesnt have cloud colours, his colours are black and yellow so if he is the cloud why not give him cloud colours? Well remember the play at the beginning? Dowun has the same colours as the guy in the play and every other time the play comes up the doll used for the guy is wearing black and yellow.( We see that only certain character get colours in the story. Even Dowun and Dogyeol dont wear their colours the same way even though both of them wear black and yellow.)

I think Dowun is not only the Cloud but also the guy that Peony falls in love with. Many considered him BaekHan and if this was a typical story I think it would be Baek Han but If we consider everything we know and where Peony's story starts and where Honglyon's story starts... then its not possible for Baek han to be the guy. If Baek Han was the guy from the story then why make the title about Dowun? Also why have the colour of the guy correspond to Dowuns colours?

Also Dowun refer's the honglyon's recent change and her "reverting" to her old self, so we have what could be considered a "bloom" being immediately denied as a bloom. More like she's turning back into a bud.

I like that the author put in so much careful consideration when writing this story. Its not often we're lucky to get something so intricate and presented in such an amazing way. I hope you guys can be open to the themes presented here. I could be wrong about all of this but im ok with that lol

Some other things I noticed :
Lots of flower cloud imagery( i think it shows the title is also pretty important)
Loads of imagery with dowun and clouds in the cover with both of them the backdrop has lots of clouds as well.
Honglyon still uses the same ink tray(from the writing set) that Dowun got her in the beginning. I thought maybe all of them looked the same but the one of Dowun desk doesnt have a design and there arent many others shown so its just my assumption its the same one.

I feel like he does have feelings for the queen. BUT he doesnt know and just down plays it. He really does look jealous. Also the queen tried to connect with him a lot of time but he decided to ignored it😫😫😫😫😤😤😤

If everyone is looking for some fluff romance, this is not for you. The story is more of a choice between power or love.

Not that angsty but definitely will poke your heart

Power Uploader
@Kireina
There's no novel for this, it's a completely original story, so I'm not sure what this user means :)

Users who are viewing this thread