The Flowers of Evil - Vol. 11 Ch. 57 - What Our Hearts Consists Of...

this last few chapters are what really makes this manga spectacular. i am left speechless every time i come back to read this.

The beginning of this manga was not the best but it wasn't bad either. Where it starts to shine is post-time-skip. It's beautiful and I absolutely loved it.

Aite fair enough that was worth finishing post-timeskip
Still not a fan of Nakamura at all even after the final chapter, though.

Dex-chan lover
It sucks that you must soldier on to get to the time skip, because the town in the mountain arc is really, really, really stupid.

Post skip it gives us some development sure but this shit really didn't need to be 57 volumes long what the fuck.

I've heard people compare this to Onani Master and honestly it's a frigging disservice to Onani to be placed anywhere near this.

I think the closing act is good, but this as a whole is not that good and it has its characters feel less like people and more like narrative devices.

The red tint on the world really did it for me. To see her outlook and the pain nakamura went through it just somehow makes me understand why it’s called the flowers of evil. Idk why but I can feel the sense of tragedy and evilness but overall I’m glad she was doing better at the end and screw saeki, she was kinda a tool ngl but at the end she came out of it a bitter person and somehow the people who suffered came out better overall that’s wild to me. It’s weird to think that the least affected person was the one who overcame the past the least

It has been a long time since a work of fiction has captivated me to this extent. I think about all the characters, events, and metaphors quite frequently. I loved both pre and post time skip and felt like they absolutely needed each other narratively for all of this to work. This manga goes to some very dark places yet I can still empathize with the characters, and see parts of them in myself. A true masterpiece I'll never forget.

Just came here after posting in almost every chapter to say how much I love this manga
All the shit that happens pre time skip really paid off after that, a masterpiece nonetheless

Really fucking good. I read the other work of Shuzo first, 'Happiness'. I think he wanted a similar ending like this one for it but it didn't compare to Aku no Hana atleast for me. It fell quite short, granted, it was still a great read.

This one though, this is captivating.

There were so many moments in the story where I had the impulse to drop it. Comments said to keep reading and so I did. What I got in return was a whole lot of "I am 14 and this is deep".
It didn't say anything of substance to me. Ending it on some rushed, happy ever after with a child, wish fulfillment just added to the feeling of pointlessness. He could have had that very same ending with Saeki, chapters and chapters ago if it hadn't been for the plot device. So the whole story of ditching a "normal" life and relationship ends in what? A normal life and relationship. But then what was the point?

Fed-Kun's army
I wanted the MC and Nakamura to get together but I understand what the theme of this manga is. How events can not only effect you but those around you as well. THe importance of confronting the past so that you can move forward, I get it but man this isnt the ending I was looking for when it came to these characters. This really feels like one of those anime/mangas I used to read back from 2002-2010, fantastic ride through and through but the ending leaves me feeling a bit empty. Everything was tied up for the most part so solid i guess.

Damm the first few chapters were gross and weird but damm it is so good if you complete it underrated

Users who are viewing this thread