The Flowers of Evil

Dex-chan lover
Well, the story and atmosphere is good, but I barely could read the first half of the manga because of cringe, due to how stupid and unreasonable are MC behavior, situations and conversations. It was so forced that it just kills all the darkness.
The main complain is the fact that MC suddenly became so desperately unhappy, depressive, gloomy, hateful and gladly took part in all that vandalism and violent acts. Like really, it's only took him a month of so. WTF is this?! The manga doesn't give us single serious reason for him to take this path. He has good family, nice and very understandable father, friends at school etc. Yeah, life in small town could be depressive, I can relate cause spent childhood and youth in such one, but there must be much much more serious reasons and circumstances to became such an gloomy, depressive and rebellious asshole in blink of eye. Nakamura has mental illness thus her reality perception is twisted, but how MC came to hate world around him, despite being totally sane and intelligent? Why he fell in love with Nakamura in the first place? I only could think one reason: submissiveness and maybe even masochistic tendencies. Anyway, he could whine all he wants about the town and worshiped his violent "girlfriend", but he could never do what he did in manga. He just has neither motivation no guts to go that far.

Fed-Kun's army
i droped it very early cuse i can not stand this type of cringe also like person before me said, the MC behavior have no F sense. not only MC the side Girl is also out of place...

when i read it i had the name Edgar Allan Poe at back of my head, but each page i feel like somone just trow stupidy on my face. maybe story is better when the times go on, but when grund is soo cringe and just bad i cant get motivation to go and read more.

Hard to get into, the first half is koind of dramatic and confusing if you yourself aren't exaclty going through puberty and all the drama of it. The second half really comes to a something different and interesting.

Sometimes you read something that makes you want to take a shower to clean all the scum off. This is one such. I'm sorry I stepped in it.

Honest review: Imma keep it short and sweet as possible; there are gonna be times your confused, there are gonna be times you will be frustrated, there are gonna be times you may want to put it down. DONT. It gets so much fuckin better after the first few chapters of setting. Shit goes down when multiple characters do insane shit and what follows makes this manga one of the best I’ve ever read.

I just started this and it didn't feel like worthy reading. But its just start. Should I keep going? I didn't read comments because of spoilers.

It's pretty good, havucluportakal. I just finished my go at it. The first half especially is filled with toxic relationships and a pretty clear descent into degeneracy and even madness, while the second half is the protagonist's journey to recovery and dealing with his past. More interesting than the average middle-school "romance."
Not that I could really call this a romance until Part 2, even if you could argue that Kasuga and Nakamura were in love with each other. It's pretty damn toxic.

The first half is aggravating hormonal insanity; the protagonist is mostly unlikeable and develops dumb and detestable motivations. I stopped reading a few times because I could not relate to his actions and disagreed with his choices. But that is perhaps intentional.

The second half is much better, great recovery and growth from the aftermath of his past.

Fed-Kun's army
It really is a masterpiece, almost impossible to stop reading so take that as a warning since once you start it will stay in the back of your mind until you finish it.

Once I started, I couldn't stop. Fantastic series. The second half didn't quite captivate me as much as the downright absurd and weird first half did but it was a natural progression and honestly thinking back on it, it was better seeing everyone develop as healthy young adults after a rough start. Even Nakamura, who I spent most of the series deciding whether or not I wanted to give a hug or a slap too. The first half was like seeing a train derail in an enjoyable way and the second half is like seeing the train's return to the track. I loved it.

It stuns me how this has such good reviews? It's possibly personal preference. I didn't finish this, but I did manage to get to chapter 40 before I put it down. It's...confusing and emotional and over-the-top, but in a surrealistic trippy way more than anything else. To me, the second half in no way redeems the first half. I can't tell if it's pseudo-deep or actually deep, and honestly, I don't care. I came to read manga to have fun, not to have a bad trip.

All in all, it was just frustrating to try and follow and understand. Perhaps that's what it's meant to be. If you're into a hysteric, intense ride, with some sort of deeper, hidden message, go on and give it a shot. It just wasn't for me.

Nice read. People can read their manga for different reasons but all in all these things tell stories. I liked this a lot and will always have a place in my mind from the absurd first half and the heartwarming second half. I love the characters and their progression from total degeneracy to living healthy adult lives. Only issue is that the scans in the later half are pretty badly done and could REALLY use a redo to really give this manga what it deserves.

All in all, mangas are meant to tell stories from the wacky ones all the way to the insanity of the human mind. One example that comes to my mind is Oyasumi Punpun, as that is an example of a story being told in the medium of a manga that can be taken seriously. If anyone enjoyed this one I do recommend reading Oyasumi Punpun as it itself is a coming of age story that delves into the depths of depression and abuse. Thank you for reading.

After finishing it 2 days ago. I finally got over my emotions. <<Sadness leave me alone.>>
Honestly I think this manga by Oshimi Shuzo is the best for me. There is good development and good writing on the characters, especially Nakamura. A rather well thought out character.
even if the ending emphasizes that Nakamura is somewhat schizophrenic. For me the 3 characters had in a way a psychological concern.
Kasuga seemed to have Stockholm Syndrome instead, having been harassed so much by Nakamura and stuffed his head with absurdity linked to his paranoia. And far as Nanako was concerned, it was clearly emotional addiction. Due to the lack of attention of his parents and the overworking incurred.

Anyway, his 3 characters were very interesting to follow, even too much. So much so that I finished the manga in one evening, realizing the morning was fast approaching. And when I went to rest, my dreams were influenced by Aku no Hana, which put me in a bad mood.
Because there are obviously certain choices that the characters make, and which seems very easy for us to correct to avoid such unpleasant situations. <<Kasuga would have gotten rid of the sports clothes, by burning them or whatever. The story would have ended with a happy ending between him and Nanako.>>

In any case, my biggest regret is not having started, or at least trying to continue the story in manga instead. Being given that I know Aku no Hana since its adaptation in animated. I watched 3 episodes and stopped. The animation was just awful.
For me, the studio who'd adapted the manga into anime has massacred this masterpiece by wanting to make it too realistic, human, why ?!
Normally the more human and realistic adaptations are called Live Action seems to me. <<So why CGI you are everywhere ToT>> (Normally the more human and realistic adaptations are called Live Action seems to me).
When I go to read an Oshimi Shuzo, it's mostly to discover his original stories but especially because I like his style of drawing. And there clearly, in the anime, there was only the original story but nothing representing his work as a designer.

Anyway, mangas godlikes.

tumblr_n0x9gzHNB01redpfjo1_500.jpg

Aggregator gang
Nakamura was worse than A Drug entity, You can seriously raise a criminal that way? Oh my god if i was there,
Code:
i‘ll kill nakamura and Her nymphomaniacal ass itching For 30 dicks

Oh my flying F, god im so angry that i wont even bat an eye if trillions of tribulation Befallen her. Motherfking bitch you haven't seen the world’s bad side yet huh? Your mom and dad was too lenient on u, waste of sperm oh my god. Can you fking suicide please?
Code:
You are an indigent carcass Fking Necrophilia Doesnt mean you will drag others life to ruin as well
. Im so so so so so so so so so pissed off. That So i wanna assassinate you with some pigs hand, Gang rape you with Dogs.

Dogs dick taste great you know? Fu*king Worm

I still haven't gotten To half way yet, on chapter 29. I hoping for some Sane developments.
I've had read his mangas before as well but this is insane, for me someone who utterly detest any kind of abnormality. Sorry i can't empathy nor sympathise with any of the actions MC taking. I'm also on my puberty phase now i will never be influence by something so violently dominating and incurring.

(After finishing the whole thing)
EDIT:
Okay I can pretty much deduce on the matter now, where all the problem lies.
It certainly his Cowardice disposition, Abandoning anything that should've been solved a long time ago. running away from reality by immersing on otherworldly books. When facing reality it tends to left him in utmost despair, shatters him completely. Unable to share his thoughts, unable to empathize with someone. iIndoctrinating himself like a doll with the meaning of life with only falsehood, ephemeral salvation. He's coward, Selfish, impetuous, Shy, gloomy, has a superiority complex, Difficulty in perceiving surroundings and atmosphere, easily influenced by negative stuff.​

The reason why I can't empathize with him is because I may run away from my bad deeds
I somehow never regret it, even if someone insinuates me with that bad past, I won't be swayed by it to A point of break down, I'll simply forget it later. I can speak my mind when I'm not liking something
I just forthright say it out. I've strong sense of Right or Wrong, so so goddamn strong you won't find another high Schooler like me with such a mindset, without hesitation prioritizing the rationality above anything else. always Felt the utmost repugnant towards abnormality, Deviation, Aberrants. Yes that's me! I know me so well that's why I cant definitely can't empathize myself with this kind of indecisiveness. Although I've a grieve flaw which is After I decide something and its set-in-stone
I just can't bring myself to do it
Be it watching anime at a specific time, be it reading manga or studying or praying. I can't bring myself to do any of it if it's set-in-stone, I'm definitely the contradictory of pedants.

Users who are viewing this thread