The Flowers of Evil

I can't get myself to read this because Les Fleurs du Mal by Charles Baudelaire is a shithouse of a poetry collection.

I didn't want to read this back when it came out. Something felt off with it and i just couldnt bring myself to read it. But now that i have i dunno what to feel. I cant sympathize or empathize or relate to mc. Nor nakamura at all. Something intensely broken was happening deep inside her that I don't think anyone else but her can understand. Takao thought he could and tried to help her but i guess she didnt, understanding that her pain is only hers and there isnt anything anyone can do? I don't know. As i said i cant relate to them. I dont think there was even any for of romance to this until way later on. Just people connecting in a way i cant understand.

All in all this manga is not for me but i can see people relate to this. I'm sure this is in some way an exploration of psychological issues and growing up and learning who you are. But there are just things we can't understand even if we want to and this story is one of those. Maybe this manga is telling us that no matter how you've messed up that at some point you will have to face your past, and stop running. Maybe its telling us to "try" even if its difficult and sooner or later you will find someone you can connect to. Or maybe don't play with fire. But for me i dont rly get it. If someone has a better explanation of the story is fee free to holla at me.

Well im not saying this is bad just very difficult to digest and understand. Its a very well written and drawn manga for what it wants to convey i'm just not the target audience for this i guess. So if you dont get it its cool. There are things in life you cant and wont under but like reading this manga, its ok not to and just take it as it is.

I dont know i guess 7/10 not for me but for someone else.

the most pretentious thing ive ever read. art is great later on tho, but i barely care for the story

I love this manga a lot. The contrast between the first and the second half is especially what makes it special to me.
The first half seems like a nightmare where everything went wrong, whereas the second half is like one's sweet dream when imagining everything bad was finally solved with one's own competency.
It's not something what I'd call 'realistic', but it works as a depiction of something so relatable to (at least) my life.

I think whether it's pretentious bullshit or really good just depends on the reader. It's definitely not for everyone, it even turned me off a fair amount of times but I think it was pretty much necessary for the second half and thought it lead to me not really sympathizing with the characters, it was still interesting enough to keep me hooked.

Good read in my opinion, but beware it may not be your thing.

One of the best endings and nakamura is a top tier character (her relatability and ideology). The metaphors about the other side and the flower are great, the symbolism in the end is again, great. honestly no cons to this manga. 10/10

This manga gave me a lot of anxiety. I'm not sure whether I really enjoyed it in the traditional way you would enjoy something, but I know for sure that it was a good (and chaotic) experience. The character development was amazing. The artwork was rough, dirty, but it perfectly reflected the tone and themes that the manga conveys. I appreciate what this manga did.

10/10, The story is so immersive and drags you in wondering what will happen next. The way Nakamura torn down the way Takao perceives the world, and then drives him up to where he can't do anything to be happy except help her made my mind race. Every analogy, every page, every detail was perfect and made this read one of my favorites. The conclusion of the story can be perceived in both a good and a bad way. I think the conclusion was an amazing wrap up, and sort of a twist as well, to the story.

I recommend reading this on mangasee because the scans on some of the chapters here are low quality.

I binged thought it and while some of the character-arc resolutions were very interesting overall I feel the second part is a bit of a letdown. It can be visually impressing at times and many scenes are full of emotion.

@Afifberkata
I wouldn't say better because Aku no Hana is a personal favorite of mine but definitely hits waaaaay harder
That shit is depressing

Sadly, i didn't enjoy the read. Way too fucked up early and i never really clicked with the story. Maybe too deep for my taste but i kinda get why you guys love it.

Users who are viewing this thread