The Former Structural Analyst's Otherworldly Adventure Story - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Kaoru's Reincarnation

Contributor
For someone who is complaining about youngsters and their "isekai", this goddess seems remarkably on-board with all the "skill" nonsense and whatnot.

Fed-Kun's army
maybe babies cry when they are born because they are sad that they know what their surroundings was and loose all memories along the way since they got used to being a baby.

Dex-chan lover
Her talking about healing magic and recovery magic... some times being too smart makes a person stupid.

Dex-chan lover
Skills.
Skills.
Skills.
What the fuck do you mean skills. Stop saying skills.
I can't even read the word "skill" without getting a bit irked. The goddess even made it bluntly clear: "this magical world is within the same universe", and yet these retarded isekai authors still make use of the same terminology. "You can use the magic-sense skill early on!" -- how hard is it to say: "you can sense magic early on"? Fuck's sake.
But hey, maybe the translators are retarded? Who knows, I sure don't.

What the hell was she on about, when it came to appraisal skill? Also way to keep vital information about healing a secrete for no stupid reason.

Dex-chan lover
@coldb7 Well, if she's familiar with isekai stories herself she may have noticed a recurring theme. Appraisals can give you incorrect information, either because of some way to trick the system into showing different data than it should, or because of stuff like subjective interpretations. I just read something the other day that was using the tabletop RPG style alignments, and the MC saw this guy was "lawful good," so he trusted him immediately. Since that guy could sense an "evil" goddess's influence on the MC, it was considered "good" to lure him somewhere secluded and try to murder him as a heretic.

The skill she asked for instead was probably for unbiased and more in depth scientific information about stuff. Instead of appraising water and getting something like "Water (polluted)" perhaps she'll get stuff like the chemical compounds that are specifically polluting it, and then can use that other skill she asked for to alter them.

@Glomoro

I've never heard appraisal skill described that way, it's usual if the skill is not high enough, it would just say the skill is not high enough to identify the item.

Dex-chan lover
@coldb7 Well that's the problem, I'd imagine. Stuff like this series and the one I mentioned are specifically taking jabs at how overly dependent MCs end up being on the usual appraisal skill. The one where your appraisal isn't high enough level was also pretty much a form of that, since mostly they just start out getting every piece of information they could ever need about whatever they appraised.

Dex-chan lover
The average (readable) translation is too good for this incredibly awful comic. The basic tropes done really poorly and overly quick too.

Dex-chan lover
Before I even start to read this, I have to ask why it's such a clunky title, when engineer would fit in much better?

Aggregator gang
The whole "cannot practice magic until you're three" is bugging me. If the author don't want an isekai'd person to train magic from birth and cheat their way into adulthood, then at least prohibit it until they reach age five or older. Unless, of course, children in that world commonly learn magic from the age of three...

Dex-chan lover
"I am the goddess in charge of Earth's Japan"

...Each country gets their own god/goddess?
That... That enters some dicey territory.

There is no such thing as another world with magic, however there is a planet that has magic.... so contradictions happen to goddess's as well.

Users who are viewing this thread