The Fragrant Flower Blooms With Dignity - Ch. 46 - The Birthday Present.

VIP
The problem is that he has lied and stolen, whatever he says. If he wanted to just read it he could have just done it and if he wanted to be a scanlator he could have gone into the scan and helped and not sniped. Sniping is disrespectful and even more so if it is done this way, he has not ask for permission and on top of that he has lied and stolen. If you think that sniping concept is bullshit, congratulations, but for those of us who have respect for the work of others, it seems disrespectful and wrong
has lied and stolen
I don't believe so? He hasn't stolen anything more than you guys have as far as I'm aware. No lies so far either, unless he's done so elsewhere and I haven't seen them.

Where exactly?

fLhKe2E.png
IiQUVWq.png

Putting quality aside, these are redraws on top of the Spanish release, are they not? They obviously did work on this, basing off the Spanish RD from the Japanese raw, although they weren't exactly clear on that fact. I can absolutely see a newbie taking 30 minutes on these.

Can you link that here, please? I may be missing context since I haven't seen the post.
you ask where? Haven't you read anything of what he has posted or what we have talked about? Are you saying that he has not lied? because if so let me tell you that you are very very very wrong

Group Leader
you ask where? Haven't you read anything of what he has posted or what we have talked about? Are you saying that he has not lied? because if so let me tell you that you are very very very wrong
Even more if you read what we complained about on MDex server (as you he) I marked every place you can notice it perfectly he used the Spanish RD and no, the sniper doesn't says at all that he uses the Spanish RD only the TL, however it does look that's okay too with MDex so we want the full credits on it ame not saying he did everything on RD and the post and account on Reddit was erased you can only read the answers here

VIP
Even more if you read what we complained about on MDex server (as you he) I marked every place you can notice it perfectly he used the Spanish RD and no, the sniper doesn't says at all that he uses the Spanish RD only the TL, however it does look that's okay too with MDex so we want the full credits on it ame not saying he did everything on RD and the post and account on Reddit was erased you can only read the answers here
I marked every place you can notice it perfectly he used the Spanish RD
We don't disagree that he has used the Spanish RD.

the sniper doesn't says at all that he uses the Spanish RD only the TL
I think this is a miscommunication in terminology.

r/manga is retarded. I personally am not a huge fan of the quality of his release, but he hasn't said anything remotely wrong in there IMO.

Anyways, I believe he's edited the release now to include a clearer attribution. You've got your credit, now stop being butthurt.

Group Leader
We don't disagree that he has used the Spanish RD.

I think this is a miscommunication in terminology.

r/manga is retarded. I personally am not a huge fan of the quality of his release, but he hasn't said anything remotely wrong in there IMO.

Anyways, I believe he's edited the release now to include a clearer attribution. You've got your credit, now stop being butthurt.
That's cool, thankful with him that he put us fully on the credits, now I will keep being a butthurt as part of the English team hahaha

They obviously did work on this, basing off the Spanish RD from the Japanese raw, although they weren't exactly clear on that fact.

I think this is what's probably causing some confusion, by basing off the Spanish RD from the Japanese raw do you mean they worked on a raw while using the Spanish RD as a reference? Because I'm pretty sure I can see "os" from "cumpleaños" whited out in the cover page of the English release, meaning they didn't use the Japanese raw on that page and edited over the Spanish release.
w1X0fpw.png

You can see the extra whited out space next to the T in "Present" that awkwardly intersects a line, and matches up perfectly with the last few letters of the Spanish release's chapter title.:
ZEY8SEo.png

I'm not sure if that's against any rules or not and am not really interested in getting deeper into this discussion, but I'm pretty sure the Spanish group is taking exception to the fact that many of their pages were used in place of the raw, not used as a reference but typeset over. Not taking a side here to be clear I just felt like there was a lot of talking past each other.

EDIT: Looks like it was sorted while I got the screenshots for this and wrote it up, oops. Guess I should use the see new post function more often.

Double-page supporter
Where exactly?

fLhKe2E.png
IiQUVWq.png

Putting quality aside, these are redraws on top of the Spanish release, are they not? They obviously did work on this, basing off the Spanish RD from the Japanese raw, although they weren't exactly clear on that fact. I can absolutely see a newbie taking 30 minutes on these.

Can you link that here, please? I may be missing context since I haven't seen the post.
you cant see their username or main text post but the comments that they did can still be seen and one of them legit is them showing an imgur that they are doin git themselves. Op just had to say nothing and nothing would have happened besides comments on a meh translation and thats it tbh instead of that creditpage + the bit of lying

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
To everyone complaining about him sniping this chapter and saying grow up maybe check his reasons for doing so on the final page, yes sniping is bad and I don't agree with it but you all need to chill as this could be a one off and if it isn't then yes you have more right to complain unless he gets permission from the group translating this at the moment
Too bad it wasn't a one off now, they just uploaded a second chapter

you cant see their username or main text post but the comments that they did can still be seen and one of them legit is them showing an imgur that they are doin git themselves. Op just had to say nothing and nothing would have happened besides comments on a meh translation and thats it tbh instead of that creditpage + the bit of lying
For situations like these you can use unddit to see the removed/deleted post or comment. Here's what that looks like for the thread in question. Img in case that stops working below

LmA7R2r.png

Fed-Kun's army
Hey, thanks for the tl. Don't listen to the haters, know that I for one am thankful that someone took time out of their day to do a translation for free. The same holds true for the group that did the translations before this too. There's no need to gatekeep peeps. We're all here cuz we appreciate the manga, the author, and the people translating.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
I'm not sure if that's against any rules or not and am not really interested in getting deeper into this discussion, but I'm pretty sure the Spanish group is taking exception to the fact that many of their pages were used in place of the raw, not used as a reference but typeset over.
If basing a release on a different scanlation instead of the original raws was against the rules, the huge majority of non-English (and non-Chinese) releases wouldn't be allowed on the site. Never mind editing over another group's redraws, you'll find a lot of them don't even change the SFX typesetting.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@P_de_Pabloskid To be clear, I'm not commenting on the sniping (it looks like it sucks if you want my opinion), just explaining existing MangaDex rules. This kind of stuff happens to English groups literally all the time, including releases I've scanlated myself, barely (if even) getting credited. It's kind of infuriating but there's not really anything even I, a literal staff member, can do about it.

I do find it a bit funny though that in this one rare instance where it's an English release basing theirs on a different language rather than all the rest of the time where it's vice versa, this is now suddenly something to start discourse over.

Double-page supporter
@Exocitus It's a pretty decent first release, thanks for the effort.

The Spanish group is being butthurt about this and trying to pull a Batoto.
One problem: this isn't Batoto.
I think you could've been a bit more clear by saying that you used a portion of the Spanish release (i.e. redraws, translations) in your own English release. Using a JP raw -> clean example (below) in your credits page wasn't a great idea either, because a few people who couldn't comprehend English and context saw it as implying you basing your entire chapter on the Japanese raws.
q7V3GNU.png

They also claim these (see below) in #support on the Discord server, but I don't see any such claims from you. Could you elaborate on that please?
TlfPfSZ.png

PzBpobC.png

Overall, I don't believe anything was "stolen" here. Groups retranslate based on other groups' works all the time, and there's no need to get worked up because of that. If you're scanlating something, you should understand that you are essentially releasing it into the public without any licensing or copyright on your part.

MD grants you control over your own releases and some basic protections against blatant copying (reuploading of your chapters, etc) but a re-translation into an entirely different language, although frowned upon if it's not from the original, is not against the rules.

As for "sniping", as a concept it is absolute bullshit. You don't hold rights over a certain title's releases at all. This isn't Batoto. Groups can release as they wish, and aren't obliged to follow your opinion on whoever should be scannielating a series at all. Please grow up and do something better with your time, rather than complain on the mongolian basket weaving forums.
"They also claim" my dude, I ain't part of any team, I am just a reader with an opinion

Users who are viewing this thread