The Fragrant Flower Blooms With Dignity - Ch. 47 - Natsusawa Mio.

Fed-Kun's army
I read a lt of "sniped" translation and i must say this is the pretty decent one - you can clearly read and understand everything, and typesetting is good. So thank you.
When translation is decent - its a good thing.
But the thing is that there are many bad quality translations and most of the users posting them doing it for "poking TS group to do a better job bcs they dont upload fast enough". And there were a lot of situations, when TS group gets angry about it ("we dont own you anything, we are doing it for free in a free time"), drop translation, and dude, who started this shitshow - drop translation as well (bcs he didnt want to do it in the first place, he was attention grabber), and as result - readers dont have ANY translation at all.
Saw it a lot of times on mangadex...
From my perspective, the reason groups end up dropping a series is not the sniping itself, but the drama people like stirring up when it occurs. It always starts with some people white-knighting for the "main" scanlation group and sending threats or insults to the sniper. Then, the sniper and their sympathizers retaliate and drag people from the main group in as well. It just devolves into a shitshow from there until one side gets tired and leaves.

It's all really stupid and could easily be avoided if everyone just minded their own business. We're all straddling the lines of legality here. If you enjoy one group's more then just don't read others. There is literally no reason to gatekeep and white-knight. Nobody is losing money since everyone is doing this for free. And if people are worried about losing internet points and "clout," then they really need to touch grass.

But it's weird that your username in MD is the same as the deleted account in reddit that posted in r/scanlation and r/manga
Already answered that, got it before it was deleted, again, believe what you want to.
I read a lt of "sniped" translation and i must say this is the pretty decent one - you can clearly read and understand everything, and typesetting is good. So thank you.
When translation is decent - its a good thing.
But the thing is that there are many bad quality translations and most of the users posting them doing it for "poking TS group to do a better job bcs they dont upload fast enough". And there were a lot of situations, when TS group gets angry about it ("we dont own you anything, we are doing it for free in a free time"), drop translation, and dude, who started this shitshow - drop translation as well (bcs he didnt want to do it in the first place, he was attention grabber), and as result - readers dont have ANY translation at all.
Saw it a lot of times on mangadex...
Like I said, I can understand why they have this pacing and I will not judge them, it's was a experiment of how long would take ME to do it and while I did that I decided to upload as a 'speed TL' for anyone that know that it will be lower quality, since I'm doing it alone. They also said that they will not drop it, and if they really want me to stop my e-mail is open to hear them, even if they want what I already did for chapter 48 I can send to them, I don't mind one bit.

Cool motive, still sniping. Honestly, from the point of view of stealing I don't really care about sniping generally. Unless you own the rights to the manga, everyone scanlating is stealing at some level. The thing that does bother me about sniping though is that when you start grabbing chapters from a manga that's already being worked on it has a chance to destabilize the releases in the long run if the original group gets demotivated and decides to drop the series, and then the snipers just move on without committing to finishing it out. Now, that's luckily not the case here, I'd Rather Sleep are awesome and have committed to sticking with the series regardless. In this case it seems that this whole kerfuffle is just the result of some redditor getting butthurt that they got flamed in a post and decided to devote a few hours of effort to ensure they get to be the main character for a day or two. I don't buy the excuses for using the same username, that's sus as hell lmao

Like I said, I think different about this whole sniping thing, but that can be just me. I left a way to contact me so if they want to talk, to ask me to stop uploading or whatever, they can do it and if I can understand their motives, I will do it. The only thing that started to bother me was when they tried to raid me on their discord by mass reporting me to mangadex and staff, how they are now trying to see how to prevent people that are agreeing with me or that liked the chapter to see their future work and how they are talking and talking about how I did this to be 'superior', which I didn't. I'm doing this because I felt frustrated as a reader after I could do it alone and saw that is possible to do a little more than one chapter each week, even more with a team of people.
About the username, like I said, it can be sus but you can see when my account was created so this is a account only for this, is better than using one of my nicknames and being flamed on my personal account.

tfw all you had to do was say nothing/not make a pointless credit page and it would have been fine instead of basically fueling drama and make it worst with it lol
I confess that I should have thought about that, I just wanted to clarify because like I said, I still appreciate the scanlation and I didn't want to leave drama as it was.

Double-page supporter
From my perspective, the reason groups end up dropping a series is not the sniping itself, but the drama people like stirring up when it occurs. It always starts with some people white-knighting for the "main" scanlation group and sending threats or insults to the sniper. Then, the sniper and their sympathizers retaliate and drag people from the main group in as well. It just devolves into a shitshow from there until one side gets tired and leaves.

It's all really stupid and could easily be avoided if everyone just minded their own business. We're all straddling the lines of legality here. If you enjoy one group's more then just don't read others. There is literally no reason to gatekeep and white-knight. Nobody is losing money since everyone is doing this for free. And if people are worried about losing internet points and "clout," then they really need to touch grass.
tbf this person is also fueling it instead of saying nothing with just makes things keep going the way they do lol

Already answered that, got it before it was deleted, again, believe what you want to.

Like I said, I can understand why they have this pacing and I will not judge them, it's was a experiment of how long would take ME to do it and while I did that I decided to upload as a 'speed TL' for anyone that know that it will be lower quality, since I'm doing it alone. They also said that they will not drop it, and if they really want me to stop my e-mail is open to hear them, even if they want what I already did for chapter 48 I can send to them, I don't mind one bit.

Like I said, I think different about this whole sniping thing, but that can be just me. I left a way to contact me so if they want to talk, to ask me to stop uploading or whatever, they can do it and if I can understand their motives, I will do it. The only thing that started to bother me was when they tried to raid me on their discord by mass reporting me to mangadex and staff, how they are now trying to see how to prevent people that are agreeing with me or that liked the chapter to see their future work and how they are talking and talking about how I did this to be 'superior', which I didn't. I'm doing this because I felt frustrated as a reader after I could do it alone and saw that is possible to do a little more than one chapter each week, even more with a team of people.
About the username, like I said, it can be sus but you can see when my account was created so this is a account only for this, is better than using one of my nicknames and being flamed on my personal account.
bro, here you are wrong, nobody has attacked you in a bad way, the problem is that you have done things badly, there is no problem that you snipe, the problem is the way it is done, you would not have said anything and none of this would have mattered acnano is right

bro, here you are wrong, nobody has attacked you in a bad way, the problem is that you have done things badly, there is no problem that you snipe, the problem is the way it is done, you would not have said anything and none of this would have mattered acnano is right

As suggested them, i removed all the 'drama' from this chapter in the endings notes and I will be removing the ending notes for the last chapter too.

Hope this can at least de-escalate things a little.

Group Leader
thanks for the TL man. The dialogue didn't feel clunky at all! And it's gotta be said, people feeling like a certain group 'owns' a translation is kinda weird IMO. I have no issue with multiple groups doing their own TLs - because then I can choose which one I like the most! That way, we get more variety and nuance in the TLs as the various groups apply their own interpretations of the material. Ty again for doing this work and I hope you can keep doing it! :)

Double-page supporter
thanks for the TL man. The dialogue didn't feel clunky at all! And it's gotta be said, people feeling like a certain group 'owns' a translation is kinda weird IMO. I have no issue with multiple groups doing their own TLs - because then I can choose which one I like the most! That way, we get more variety and nuance in the TLs as the various groups apply their own interpretations of the material. Ty again for doing this work and I hope you can keep doing it! :)
various groups using their own interpretation of the material can be bad tho if they dont really understand the material from the raws and its meaning, so it all depends on the raws and if they follow them

VIP

The only thing that started to bother me was when they tried to raid me on their discord by mass reporting me to mangadex and staff, how they are now trying to see how to prevent people that are agreeing with me or that liked the chapter to see their future work and how they are talking and talking about how I did this to be 'superior', which I didn't. I'm doing this because I felt frustrated as a reader after I could do it alone and saw that is possible to do a little more than one chapter each week, even more with a team of people.
Please don't feel pressured to drop something because another group is bullying you to do so. You were a bit unclear in your initial crediting but it was completely unjustified for them to harrass people because they themselves could not comprehend a bit of English.

We have a #scanlation channel on Discord if you have any questions regarding the scanlation process.

We aren't batoto here, obviously! You can totally feel free to tell any scan group that's hoarding a series to fuck off.

VIP
Oh boy I love the mangadex comment section glad they brought it back can someone tell me how to react to messages though
Bottom right of the post you want to react to, hover over Like and choose
6G42B9P.png

chapter
Jesus. Everyone really needs to chill. I appreciate I'd Rather Sleep's translations for all they have done, but they aren't more in the right than this guy. This is all technically illegal. And it's not like they're earning money based on the clicks their chapter gets. If you don't want to read this guy's translations, then don't.
sniping just encourages more sniping. Plus other aggravates sites take form mangadex so they might take this Scanlation which isn’t as good as the main groups.

Dex-chan lover
i think i've read this somewhere, but is it true that: anyone is eligible to take over if the original scanlation group didn't provide the update within 6 months? maybe on mangaupdates? can someone link that rule?

edit: oof, nevermind. it was only a designated status to inactive group within 6 month, not the manga they translate. Sorry, ignore me :p

Last edited:
Countless manga without ANY translation, and you feel the need to stream snipe a popular series that already has a great scan team to satisfy your own grievances. What is anyone supposed to say of someone whose intentions are clearly rotten?

edit: also, the stream sniper was whining on reddit because the OG team's last mass release of chapters was 2 months ago.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread