The Frontier Alchemist - Vol. 5 Ch. 26.2

Dex-chan lover
Ahhh we finally get to start seeing just how badly the mc fucked up by letting this guy escape. I can't wait for the absolute shitshow that's about to unfold
I'm curious what the government structure is. I don't get the impression that the alchemist's ran everything. Are there civil servants? A political leader?

Where does the buck stop? There is a military outside of the alchemist control, and there seem to be feudal ranks, so guessing a kingdom.

A demon, and only sending three people? While I'm happy the author is competent enough to make a sturdy story (quite rare), they tend to side on what would make a more interesting story rather than what makes the most sense.

Dex-chan lover
At first I thought this was a "quit my crappy job, things got better for me and my boss/company realized they screwed up." It's worse than that; the Alchemist's guild exploded and the kingdom is at risk of the fungus demon destroying everything. The consequences of exploitative labor are extended far beyond the people who exploited Rust's labor. It feels bad that ordinary citizens might get caught up in Rihalzam's greed.

At first I thought this was a "quit my crappy job, things got better for me and my boss/company realized they screwed up." It's worse than that; the Alchemist's guild exploded and the kingdom is at risk of the fungus demon destroying everything. The consequences of exploitative labor are extended far beyond the people who exploited Rust's labor. It feels bad that ordinary citizens might get caught up in Rihalzam's greed.
I've seen plenty of these where the place they leave quickly falls apart, but never in such a manner. The slow collapse they went into was honestly much more satisfying than in some of the "everyone immediately died" results of other series. It's like IRL when a company fires the lead IT guy who "gets paid too much to do simple maintenance" and then implodes soon after without him.

The other alchemists and citizens getting wrapped into the destruction from greed and pride is just as tragic as it is in real life.

Dex-chan lover
Ahhh we finally get to start seeing just how badly the mc fucked up by letting this guy escape. I can't wait for the absolute shitshow that's about to unfold
Wasn't because he couldn't afford to chase him since he had to turn back and protect the people of his friend's territory? Idt he let him off out of mercy.

Dex-chan lover
Wasn't because he couldn't afford to chase him since he had to turn back and protect the people of his friend's territory? Idt he let him off out of mercy.
Mc just brushed him off as not worth going after in the grand scheme of things. And oh boy... what a fucking mistake

Dex-chan lover
Mc just brushed him off as not worth going after in the grand scheme of things. And oh boy... what a fucking mistake
Gotta love it when a master acts like a total dumbass towards a potential threat that's related to his MASTERED domain...

Users who are viewing this thread