The Galactic Navy Officer Becomes an Adventurer - Vol. 3 Ch. 19 - Armor, Sword and Plan

@Franz "wtf? how can a duel make someone more trustful?"

It's normally harder for dead people to stab you in the back. Just sayin... ;)

Contributor
Ah yes, the duel, the famed judgement of one's character?

(To be fair there were plenty of people who more-or-less thought of it that way, I guess.)

@definitionofinsanity:

Unless I'm mistaken, "quantum convergent" doesn't refer to anything as such, and is just technobabble? There's no reason a hypothetical laser gun couldn't rely, to the point of being remarkable, on some particular quantum effect, however.

Again, though, I don't think the author thought about it much and is just throwing out sciency-sounding words for "space gun". This story seems to care about the sci-fi stuff in more of a clash-of-civilizations sense, rather than a hard-science-fiction sense, and that's honestly fine I think.

(A certain amount of credibility is needed for the mood of "facts-based science" vs. the effective "fantasy" setting of the locals, of course—if we were to tread too deeply into "our technology is basically magic" territory, that would rather ruin the whole thematic contrast.)

Dex-chan lover
@Pokari
Well, I mean, I was more highlighting that we went from calling it a "laser gun" to "quantum convergent entangled anomaly projectors" or whatever the shit they're calling it now. AFAIK, it was always (pulse?) rifle and lasers. So showing the same weapon, again, and calling it something that highfalutin is a bit bizarre.

Dex-chan lover
Wait a sec; if these weapons produce a tangled state of fundamental particles... even if it was just the entanglement of two unique Quarks or electrons, the energy released would be MASSIVE
Like... projecting that anamoly would release something similar to a pair/antipair event. Either that or cause a complete degeneration of the matter involved, which is how we get black holes.
You could power the ship off of that gun!

Also, lame about the duel; I'll take some plot progression over a duel chapter, usually.

hmm why does the mc have to prove himself

cause he says so and he doesn't trust the mc?

is that it, is he some boss does he have some higher standing, why should the mc accept, what's with that

@Sicnarf123 Do you wanna trust a guy that pop ups out of now where with the princess to command the army hell no he will have to prove himself to command it

@PapaFactBoi

yup I get your point

it's just that I'm not a fan of how it was portrayed, really hate it when they act like a bigshot when they're not, and tbh the mc doesn't really need them but they need him, he's not the one one receiving help but him helping them, but because of the plot he has to be with them

it's not like the mc can trust the strangers he just met either or knows them, but is he giving some sort of test to them?

overall there's nothing wrong with what he had done it's just that typically, mcs are always the ones being subjected to that sort of situation so it's getting annoying to me now, especially in some cases where the mc doesn't really need those people and really don't need to put up with them

Dex-chan lover
@MemeBear

Parry this you filthy casual

khwo0bxrjjm21.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread