The Ghost in the Shell

I personally found this manga MUCH better than the iconic film. Definitely a must read for any manga or cyber-punk/sci-fi fan. You will be engulfed in beautiful visuals and a gripping and fleshed out story. ENJOY!

Dex-chan lover
@GoldenTarot i find it weird that ppl only found out about this from the movie, considering that this has been around for so long Masamune Shirow had already changed his artstyle to a more 90s feel (the Stand Alone Complex remake). in the opinion that the original 80s version should be uploaded here; never seen a printed version being sold, even in Singapore where they have a very large Kinokuniya, i could only find the SAC version, and only the first 2 vols

Dex-chan lover
With a franchise as big as this one, people can kind of stumble across the original part of the whole deal in any number of ways, so I wouldn't really say it was weird to get here from the movie even if it was that live action one. But they didn't really say which movie to begin with, there's kind of a bunch of them aside from that one.

If you wanna read the manga you can go on mangasee. It has the official translation, although be warned, it is flipped to be right to left. I really hope someone makes a fan translation that uses the original left to right manga, and if that already exists then please tell me.

Fantastic. Though I am surprised, rereading it some 20 years later was much faster than my first time. I didn't realize how short it actually was. Still fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread