The Ghostly Doctor

It is getting boring and honestly the romance between the protagonist and ML is basically repetitive, the guy tries to catch her attention and the protagonist is to "prideful" to give him the time of day.
Im giving it another shot or I could read the french trabslation

The romance is getting annoying in recent chapters... I don't mind romance in general, but here it's pretty bad. Hope something interesting will happen soon.

Im putting thisnon hold at chapter 171. The cultivation shit is really shitting me I stayed vecause of the ship, I know the ship will sail but I lost interest at how they will develop. Might comeback again if I dont have any thing to read.

Double-page supporter
I just realized that the original is in Chinese why am I bothering with the horrible translation grammar?

Double-page supporter
I keep seeing derp eyes in the later episode I think I might join the group and then release a derp version where one character per episode has derp eyes

Double-page supporter
Can they add slice of life tag already? At this point it’s just ancient Chinese life but with Taoist magic

Thank you for the update!

I'm not really forward to the school arc. There's always a school arc in these stories and drag on. In some cases you r rn forget what was the original plot.

Double-page supporter
What happened to the near day I’ll uploads? Did some of the staff die? Did a natural disaster occur there? Oh god

Edit: never mind

Double-page supporter
I hav a good catchphrase for Her: she specializes in both bring people back from death and delivering people to death not normally the same person

Contributor
I like this manhua... though it keeps making me look at it funny.

It has:

1.) A shoujo manhua romance that definitely edges headfirst into the whole creepy "domineering man" territory here and there, but—so far—has always backed off without becoming atrocious and has even been slowly calming down lately. And indeed has some high points here and there. But 50% of the guy's screen-time is more or less just looking sexy and leering at the protagonist? Ultimately, I feel remarkably weakly towards the entire romance, for something that's a fairly central and recurring point of attention in the series?

2.) A generic set of... wuxia/xanxia whatever-it-is action plot developments: "I have special blood and a super-secret spirit-beast and magic-sword and my personal magic domain and my medicine skillz own all the nubz" sort of stuff. Including a couple of my less-liked tendencies of the genre, like when the protagonist occasionally goes about murdering a bunch of folks for whatever reason ("Bad guys" are bad! Their entire families and houses full of servants deserve burning to the ground! Surely this is wonderful and satisfying!). To be fair, a lot of the rest of the time the protagonist really does come off as a cool badass in this one (and let's be honest, all other things held equal, a smug overpowered gal is just way more fun than a smug overpowered dude).

3.) For bonus points, the seemingly-central revenge plot that... barring further plot-twists, mostly gets resolved pretty early on and now we're just doing stuff as the protagonist feels like it.

Which all sounds a bit lukewarm, but...

Some mix of: A bunch of likable characters, reasonably solid character interaction (like, it recently spent several chapters talking about her grandfather considering re-marrying, and the whole thing had some of my favorite moments so far, despite it clearly having basically nothing to do with anything), some amount of generic isekai/xanxia feel-good ass-kicking, and frequently-good art helping everyone look cool while they do it—somehow comes together to make this actually really likable, despite its foibles.

Fed-Kun's army
Is she turning stupid or something?

Is she only smart when the ML is close to her?

Honestly is It so hard to make a school arc that doesnt suck or one that the MC doesnt turn dumb?

Really liked the story but getting a little boring later on. I'm reading 200 chapters in atm, gonna continue later when on the mood.

Users who are viewing this thread