The Girl, the Shovel, and the Evil Eye - Vol. 2 Ch. 11.1 - Title

Dex-chan lover
wow, of all things didn't expect the dungeon itself to screw them over like that. First time I've seen a dungeon restoration mechanic actually explained (at all) like that.

Dex-chan lover
So the Cyclops that killed that shit adventurer's friends is the one MC fighting right now? Interesting...

every time I saw the Kirei's note now I think of that one other translator who threw shade on Kirei's note, lol. hope you're well, Kirei, thanks for the chapter

Dex-chan lover
such an odd way to pace the chapter. two flashback to explain something that could've been explained in one text bubble

Dex-chan lover
Backstabbed by the dungeon itself. You can't trust anyone in that world.

Dex-chan lover
Huh, and here I was sure that all those rocks were cut out from the walls and that they mined so many of them thanks to the dungeon regenerating.
I really love that we will get the "eye-off" between them after all. I was worried that sharks killing the cyclops wouldn't count as their kill, just like with that shit adventurer lackey that MC kicked into the hole.

Dex-chan lover
The hero screwed-up. He knew it's an OCD dungeon that puts even tiny pebbles back into place, yet he didn't experiment to figure out the timing of it.

Expecting many things from that shovel. Something like laser beams or digging space itself like from a certain manga

Dex-chan lover
1. that's a shitton of rocks
2. so dungeon restoration happened the exact moment they trapped the boss by coincidence after not activating for like what, 20+ hours of them setting things up? 🤣

Double-page supporter
I'm going to assume that just as the Cyclops lifts his left leg Lourie will manage to carve out his right with her shovel, causing it to fall over into the water. It's called the Shovel of Aggression, so I can only assume that allows the user the ability to shovel very aggressively to the point where they could literally take chunks out of other creatures by way of using the skill. It's either that, or Lourie will bring the rock back into storage, causing both the Cyclops and Tsuguto to fall into the water. While Tsugoto will have a hard time swimming with a broken arm, he'll be able to use his Evil Eye without issue. So can the Cyclops, I suppose, but the Cyclops' pressure will mostly affect the water, and that lake is a lot deeper than the little puddle it was playing in earlier. Far too much water to displace it all enough to cause Tsuguto to kneel again.

@Owyn Iirc, Lourie said the dungeon restoration happens sometime around midnight each night. They initially decided they needed to kill the Cyclops about 24 hours before they actually went through with the plan. If we assume the entire fight from when Tsuguto aggroed it to when they lured it to the pitfall took about 30 minutes then it's likely that they started initially discussing the plan for a while right before the previous midnight (let's say half an hour before), started moving the rocks right after the previous night's restoration, and by the time they were ready to fight the Cyclops it was already nearing midnight of the next night and thus the next dungeon restoration. The timing was just really bad.

@BananowyJE I assumed the same about the walls, but I guess we were wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread