The Girl With a Mirrored Heart - Oneshot

Dex-chan lover
This is not a disease, just total reversal of internal organ position. All organ that is supposed to be on the left is on the right and vice versa. While it is rare, this could complicate any surgery done to the person if they don’t get informed about the condition. After all even the directions of where the bowels end up also different.

Dex-chan lover
thank you for the chapter this was beautiful and needs a full series

@Noir4241 what you are describing is exactly what a disease is. i think you may me mixing it up with 'illness'

Dex-chan lover
Nice story, but why would she get bullied/hate herself for such a minor thing? Sure situs inversus is weird, but that's it.

Japan has a serious problem with bullying, harassing and mental issues like depression and anxiety. Those who look for therapy are usually seen as weak and worthless, and once again, bullied. The worst thing is that no one does anything.

You see, because they have a "painfully polite" culture, they never say things directly, as it is usually taken as something rude, so they hide most of their thoughts and feelings. This is manifested in most things in their society, like the abdcation of their personal needs/wants so they would follow the will of the majority(to not do so, would make them look "selfish and troublesome" by default). This is not only sickening, but also brings forth the need to prosecute anyone who is different, by any reason you can imagine, so they themselves are not the ones bullied.

So, are you a half japanese or do you look like one?
Bullied.
Laught too loud?
Bullied.
Oh, are you too short or too tall?
Bullied.
Are you someone who has perfect grades?
Bullied(but this one can be avoided, depending on the case)
Someone with horrible grades?
Bullied.
Too ugly?
Obviously bullied.
Lost(or never had) a limb or other physical feature/sense?
Bullied.
Do you happen to have your organs "mirroed"?
And there it is: Bullied.

And I wont even get into LGB issues(Transgenders are far more well accepted by Japan's society than the others from the community, at least if we compare between them, so thats why I made this separation), as they still are seen as a mental illness even if it has been more than 50 years that it was completelly discarded as a problem by Medical/Scientific community.

That is how much complicated things are in that nation and how ridiculous is their treatment of their society issues. Yes, every country has stupid things to overcome, but common Japan! Get with the times!

Now, after all that lecture I just did(sorry for anyone who happens to read it), I really think this story was insteresting. Short and cute.

@Alice_is_lost but it shouldn't be that big of a deal tho. like i bet you don't even think about whether your friends organs may be mirrored or not.
Sure it may be a problem to the one that has it, but why should other people care that much? The people that should care are medical staffs and family members.

@naeon because bullies are weak imbeciles who look to make someone suffer so they might feel superior to them. Simple, and as I said before, the Japanese culture can be problematic in many aspects.

Not that it will stop outsiders from being obsessed with it to the point of thinking even bad aspects are "good".

Dex-chan lover
Hah, this was done by the same person that did the teacher one. Thought I recognized the art.
I really dig the art style.
Thanks for the translation!

Fed-Kun's army
How would anyone even know you had a heart on the right side of your chest anyways?

Why bully someone for that reason?
I mean thats super rare condition, should be consider cool.

Anyway glad she found someone thats accept her the way she is. 😘

Dex-chan lover
@Kurbo

This also shown from Fist of the North Star, where the villain Souther has same condition which results on his vital points being reversed as well.

@dirak @KakumeiNoHi

If any of you are curious, this condition while well documented, the source are sparse. However they would live like normal, the story lies on the characters of insecurities of being “different”, which hits the most with Japanese conformity society.

It’s exceedingly rare condition that requires extra attention if surgery is needed to save their lives, but other than that, they can live very well like normal.

Dex-chan lover
IIRC if your whole body is mirrored, then all is fine, but if only your heart is on the wrong side, then there will be some issues.

Users who are viewing this thread