The Goal Is to Become a Gold Spoon so I Need to Be Completely Invulnerable

It’s an expression for wealth! Gold spoon = really rich. The female lead wants to be rich :)

I have no clue if this comment became a reply for the person who asked about the title bc I’m still new to this website lmao.

157.jpg

I’m literally reading through the spanish translations so I can know what’s happening and I don’t even know spanish lol I’m just looking at the pics and trying to figure it out

So glad I know Spanish, thank you so much for the uploads A Goblin’s Dream

Some people have told me the novel was good (after hearing their explanations of some of the situations in the story it feels so -or at least is better than the webtoon for sure-), the story in the novel gave me more logical, more complex, more complete, and more mature vibes), but while reading the manwha, I have to say that I'm not really enjoying it (it's not bad, but it feels like it's not reaching to the places it's supposed to).

This feels pretty average in all the senses (in the webtoon), I don't get excited about the love, I can't really be emphatic with MC's pain and trauma after some chapters (I've never felt anything like that towards any other MC before), her actions and attitude feels right and when she relaxes I can have fun reading her, but from one moment to another she goes from this girl who's just living her life, trying to survive, and waiting for her bro's comeback while scheming funny stuff (which was the part I was the most excited about), but then she turns into a silly girl who does a lot of dumb things without thinking twice, who's also falling in dumb schemes. and who's falling madly for a dude since the very first moment for no reason, and then the route goes deeper and deeper.

Like, I simply don't understand that. I know u can make a click with someone immediately, but I read the webtoon and for some reason, I don't believe it in this specific case. There are other scars in some other characters as well, but I also don't get emotionally attached to any of them in any way. For some reason, almost everything feels pretty plain and boring. On one hand, I think it's because everything just goes superficial all the time (which is good for the funny moments), but the moments that require more intensity/passion/seriousness or deeper emotions, end up being bland.

In general, I do think the artist has to do a lot with this. I saw the art and I liked it at the beginning, but after a while, I realized that I don't feel anything now. Most of the characters feel pretty generic, like, there wasn't effort to make them different or relevant; the siblings are an exact copy of the other; the same case happens with MC, she has nothing special about her, I've seen her in many other stories that almost made me think about a template. In the manwha the only relevant aspect I see that attracts others is her "curvy" body but what else does she have? The webtoon is full of people praising her beauty as if she were the most stunning woman ever and I don't think so (she's pretty tho, that's for sure). Her personality also is supposed to enchant everyone but she acts pretty dumbly all the time, gives shallow responses to the characters, and then they get attached to her just because? She was way better at the beginning. but she's losing personality the more chapters I've read. Coincidentally I think she's way more charming when she's not involved with any guy at this point.

Ik she's supposed to be kind, and sassy, and she has an internal crisis, but I simply don't connect with her. I think it's because her emotions always end up too abruptly and there's no time to connect with what she's feeling. Everything feels too rushed (even if it's not)- I do think she can be pretty funny at times and the comedy in the story can be funny as well, but what else can I praise, eh?

I didn't care about the golden-spoon situation, I thought it was going to be pretty funny instead (I was ready for some good and shallow Korean comedy), but in the 30 something chapters I've read, she seems to have lost that goal, she's super intermittent, one day this and other that. Theoretically, there's been an important development in her character so far but it doesn't feel like that; and honestly, she's been playing the victim-card quite a lot -and yeah, it's not like she has not the right to do so, but as I said, I wasn't able to connect with her pain in a longterm way, so seeing her acting like a damsel in distress who can't do anything by herself a lot of times, and also trying to connect with the other characters by saying some plain, dull things, well, it doesn't help either.

I don't see expressions, I don't see identity /the Count is the only one who's giving something and that's the only reason why he's my favorite character so far, the Prince I guess is fine, he's annoying as he's supposed to lol, but the rest are just meh (the main couple is the most 'meh' I've ever seen and it's so shocking)/, I don't see deepness, everything feels superficial for me. I can't believe her inner conflict about thinking if
killing her step-mom and step-sis went like that,
it felt so bland.

The MC, in general, is super boring, I can't seem to understand why she feels so attracted to one of them in the story for no reason, and I don't understand why her reactions are so intense with one of them when she's living/experiencing more things with other. Like, theoretically it's obvious why she likes one over the others (they share too many things in common and blabla), but while reading the webtoon and seeing the couple in action, it makes no sense whatsoever (idk if in the novel their relationship is better explained, connected, entangled, developed, but in the webtoon, it feels pretty boring). Coincidentally and conveniently, they met over and over again and they discover things about each other that make them realize they're similar and blabla, but I just can't feel it!!!!! Everything ends up quickly, and yeah, there are random blushed cheeks here and there, but I don't feel any chemistry, fire, nothing!!!!

Edit: And yeah, maybe I'll continue reading this if I'm bored, but if not, that's fine because I don't see much to be excited about here. Tysm to "A Goblin's Dream" tho, I love your work and effort, guys! >u<

oh god first it was mangas, and now manhwa titles are also getting behemothly long
nOOOO

The second prince is my least favorite male character; I don't kow why but I can't with him.
I kinda of really like the demon, my character bias is someone kinda aloof at first that in reality is as sweet and caring <3

aaaaah more please!! the MC is so good! i love how cheeky and straightforward her goals are!! thank you so much for translating, im looking forward to more!

Users who are viewing this thread