The Goddess of Healing

This started out pretty good but it's just getting worse and worse as it slogs on, this arc needs to get wrapped up

Group Leader
if you're thinking of dropping it now, i recommend staying at least for the next chapter. i don't want to spoil, but…

THE MOM IS MENTALLY INCAPABLE OF THINKING. SHE'S AS DUMB AS A DUMB PERSON CAN POSSIBLY BE. TOO DUMB THAT I'M STARTING TO THINK THAT THE VILLAINS ARE ACTUALLY NOT ALL THAT BAD. IF NOT FOR THEM BEING SO STUPID AND UNABLE TO SEE THROUGH SUCH TRICKS, WOULD THEY HAVE ENDED UP LIKE THEY DID PREVIOUSLY?

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

I'm staying just so I can
laugh at the sister and aunt's epic downfall muhahaha!!!
! 🤬😈😈🤫

Thank you @calvitre 💃🏿💃🏿💃🏿

@Nisverah Say what you will, but I'm really happy it worked out like this. Very natural. Her mom would naturally have protested before, like she did (edit: as in how she protested her husband’s treatment on JiuQing’s behalf) and JiuQing was given a home over her head/food and a place to study while making it out of there totally intact with literally no losses. I don't know what you're complaining about.

@SoulCore876 My guess is that this is the end of Season 1. But if you think about it, if it hadn't taken this long, it really wouldn't have been satisfying. More than that, it would've been really unrealistic, given what we know of the characters, and simply would have left these characters undeveloped and characterless, like many Chinese series have done.

@Morning_Afternoon She wanted to get kicked out, clearly. If she had just run away, (1) her mother wouldn't have followed her, having been too trusting of her sister (in the beginning) and too attached to the father (later on), (2) the dad would have tried to find her, if only to save his honor that he's so obsessed with.

@cinnamoncookie Literally, what could the mom have done in these chapters? She believes JiuQing at this point, but that doesn't stop the fact that this is a relationship she's had for years on end. For her to just drop it entirely would be really stupid, ngl. Imagine if the plot was the daughter framing him for cheating, and you can see how cheap that would be. Also, she didn't go along with anything they did in the later half of this arc. She did everything she could to protest, so I don't know what you want from her. Also,
the mom's gonna follow JiuQing as she leaves.

I should add, her goal ISN'T TO GET REVENGE. Everything that has happened so far leading up to here has been their own fault. Her goal is to (like it says in the summary) climb the twisting ladders of the social hierarchy. She's "getting revenge" by not letting them get away with it without ruining their own lives in the process, and she's SUCCEEDED.

I think a lot of you need to reread this story and see how well this actually flows together.

@livescened Incase you didn't realize, I posted that after chapter 38, before the most recent was uploaded, so I didn't know it was going to be ending immediately after.

Seriously, some people just don't understand how difficult it is for MC's mom.
She can't just up and leave the douchebag because:
1. she is a respectable lady and the wife of a high-positioned man;
2. her behaviour and reputation immediately affect his reputation, which in return affects their social status and livelihood;
3. she is a grown woman for crying out loud, she can talk things out reasonably, while her sister is the hysterical idiot that didn't mature enough...
4. it's not just about her, but also about her daughter as well, so she can't make rash decisions;
5. she has been in a peaceful marriage with her husband for years, and while he did cheat on her behind her back, she had no idea about it and enjoyed a good and happy life;
6. when you've spent more than 10 years with someone in a friendly relationship, dare I even say love, it is difficult to cut ties right away;
7. MC's mom has more dignity and personality than those 3 idiots (dad, stephoe and lil hoe) will ever have, and she will prove this soon when she
leaves with her daughter.

Also, I agree with @livescened MC's goal is not revenge. Her goal is to life her life in a good way which she couldn't in her previous run. If you take a close look, all her actions up till now are not to 'destroy' the hoe duo, but she does gain knowledge to counter them and uses her knowledge of future events to her advantage. Needless to say, she is just a teen, she doesn't have any authority or power to make decisions that go against her dad's will, so often she has to choose the lesser evil. But soon enough her hard work will pay off, and let me tell you this:
- if you thought the hoe duo was bad and annoying, well
wait for general Lin's fiancee to enter the stage, she is on another level.

at times like this....i wish i knew chinese so i can read the raws. 😭

i have so many questions!!!! some one please spoil it for me.

This is one of the best Chinese manhua ever. I've seen a lot of Chinese manhua's and I don't think anything I've read before can compare to this. For many reasons such as:
1. You'll see that the story flows and you don't have to wonder what's happening.
2. There are no plot holes that I've seen so far, everything adds up and makes sense.
3. There is character growth and development.
4. Our MC isn't driven by revenge and is instead focused on changing the past and keeping her mum alive.
5. There aren't too many main characters so you can remember their names and the introductions are pretty solid so it's not hard to go back and find whosoever you're looking for.
6. Also the information they give is given when necessary and it's concise and well said so it's easy to remember and understand.

This translation team is awesome thumbs up guys. I don't have to be looking at context clues to guess what a person is saying XD. I see too many Chinese Manhua's were the readers are like, "Whaaaa? Huhhhhh? What is this person saying?" That can turn a good manhua into trash. Thanks guys, I'm sure all of us appreciate it. Keep up the good work cause I cannot wait for the next chapter, here wishin I could read Chinese.

this is my favorite manhua, even though it's a little bit similar to others, this one stands

Tanks for the multiple releases the past couple of days. Excited for what comes next.

In my opinion I think that the male lead is the only likable character. He's smart and I like him more than the other characters. I also liked that old doctor Gramps and that little girl that warned her of that evil witch schemes. Three characters so far (in my opinion!) are likable

Users who are viewing this thread