The Good Deeds of Old Adventurer Kane - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - Don't Screw With Me!!!

Group Leader
So, wait.

Has any one read the WN/LN? *Is* he blessed or something? The stone pinecones falling and all that?

Dex-chan lover
@KiTA I haven't read it, but I'd say it's extremely clear that the idol is rewarding him for his faith (probably because he's also doing good deeds)

Kane: Is kind.

Clergy: I'm gonna bless this man for his entire life.
Royalty: I'm gonna end this man's entire life.
Scholar: What the fuck?

Also, evil overlord list entry number 24: I will maintain a realistic assessment of my strengths and weaknesses. Even though this takes some of the fun out of the job, at least I will never utter the line "No, this cannot be! I AM INVINCIBLE!!!" (After that, death is usually instantaneous.)

Dex-chan lover
So ridiculous. Hahaha.

The only real talent he has is that he's got some goddess's protection. And that he's nice. And that he's somehow still a chick magnet. Maybe he has a 20 in Charisma?

@AbyssalMonkey Princess and priestess are straight up dellusional, although I get that this is the gimmick here. I get this is where suspension of disbelief is supposed to kick in, but that doesn't quite work for me because Kane's reactions always are either completely altruistic or pathetically relatable considering how weak and humble he is, meaning it only makes me feel sorry for him instead. Like, this guy is so fucking nice and instead of just placing the church under the kingdom's protection(which would be easier than getting that permit to end that one specific mob. Doesn't even have to be a decree, just officially declaring "I am the fucking S-rank hero princess, you touch this church and you are dead" would be enough) they terrorize him by throwing the poor guy into the lion's den and not helping him until he only makes it out due to dumb luck.
It's like Mr. Magoo, except he can actually see and thinks he really needs the money, thus the series is just a poor old man going through several near death experiences fearing for his life while young women observe him from the shadows and refuse to help him directly.
@WEISS The priestess wants him to become her chosen knight, which she can only pick once, and which he'll have to be for his whole life. Especially considering he grew up in a church, I can't imagine he would deny her whether he wants to take the role or not.
I agree the princess is worse, but the priestess is no saint either.
Ok, she is, but only by title

Dex-chan lover
@FunZed
It's especially silly this time around, since there was a whole scene detailing how the princess has a special permit to be above the law -- which makes whatever they're doing "okay" -- and then they dump it on Kane, who's likely to be branded as a vigilante as a result.

Dex-chan lover
@Varler He's a nice hardworking guy who isn't terrible in a fight. There is no reason for girls not to like him. He's a likable guy. He's also not ugly.

The reason they like him is all related to his actions due to his niceness. He isn't one of those "nice guys" you see sniffing around who suddenly turn vitriolic the moment they don't get the girl for being such "nice guys". He's a genuinely good person. Will that get him in panties as fast as the bad boy over in the corner? Probably not. He's not timid enough for it to become one of those NTR plotlines though. At least he hasn't shown that kind of behavior.

So i ask you what exactly is strange about this? The only thing i question is why he hasn't gotten a girl yet. My guess is just priorities keeping him from trying. His life is simple but not exactly luxurious. Courting and dating are time/money consuming. If its works you have to do all sorts of things like moving in together and marriages etc after all. So its reasonable to not even try until your ready unless something special shows up.

Also protections are not talents. Blessings can be thought of as talents but actually they are external and unnatural. Therefore they are not talents. Talents are natural abilities.

In reality this would be complete and utter fucking hell for him. Being forced into life and death because of some crazy as fuck S rank party for the most idiotic reasons. I wouldn't blame him if he died from stress because I imagine they are just getting started I mean holy shit. They would 100% push it too far and either get him killed or have to rescue him and then probably keep going! Like Jesus Christ ladies fucking stop. He's just one nice guy trying to do his best he doesn't need to be part of your clearly mentally deranged party.

Dex-chan lover
@Solipsist Yeah that part was confusing. Basically it seems like they will legally do it but have him get the credit locally. If anyone looked through the official report it would state differently to the little note they left. Princess does not know how to do things. Someone give her a book or something.

Dex-chan lover
@Varler

Well, he did give away a priceless treasure, which was used to revive her friend. So that alone could be enough for one of them to fall for him, as he did quite literally save her.

(Ofcourse, the swordsman could have easily nabbed it from him, but that didn't happen and is besides the point of this silly manga.)

Wow that law is messed up. What if one of them feel like it??? The judgement of the sword girl is in question

Dex-chan lover
Geez...this S rank party starting to get annoying as hell.
If I was in Kane's position, I just confront them and lecture don't do anything unnecessary.

Dex-chan lover
The witch girl is a 10/10 for me.

iCqY2bW.png

Aggregator gang
When people get so tired of clichés and tropes, that a fantasy, comedy, harem manga gets analyzed to death, because it feels unrealistic.🤣

I love the mangadex community. 😀

Dex-chan lover
Man the Sword Princess and the Saint are beyond stupid. Wishing for the Witches intelligence to rub off on them is too much to ask for, right?

I bet 1 of the 3 Divine Swords will be Excalibur/Caliburn, and Kane'll get it by the Forest Goddess later or something like that

I guess the manga chose the big-breasted elf oneesan over the big-breasted guild oneesan... kinda disappointed, tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread