The Good Deeds of Old Adventurer Kane - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - Don't Screw With Me!!!

Okay, I hate those three women. So what if those papers say they can investigate anyone? The church pulls out a loan they know they can't pay back, from a group of loan sharks. Kane attacks the loan sharks, then these "heroes" proceed to wipe them out. Who does that? That is mass murder? THEN, they pin it on KANE!! If I were Kane, I'd probably yell them into submission, attacking them for f*cking up my whole life. If they were to pin their murder spree on me, I'd kill them. They are committing murder, then blaming a third party who has nothing to do with them.

@CBC btw you are spoiling future chapters, just cause the manga shows events no in the order of the LN doesn't mean you should talk about events in the LN without spoiler tags.

Fed-Kun's army
@Bluubuckets
The church was FORCED to pull out a loan. In the end, it was a plot to all get the girls into prostitution.

@Bluubuckets I'm not in favor of what these girls are doing to Kane, but you better read again before you run your mouth about the church "getting a loan they can't pay back".

https://puu.sh/E6il2/9434f32fcf.jpg
https://puu.sh/E6il3/02a6b7d0e9.jpg
https://puu.sh/E6ilI/51e26f2b01.jpg

Dex-chan lover
@Bluubuckets You do remember that they were the ones that attacked Kane at the end of chapter 2 right? Plus before that the 3 girls where following them and heard what they were plotting, and when they charged into their base they didn't kill anyone until that Snakehead guy attacked the 2nd time, and the group was known to be very shady so investigating them isn't really an issue anyway. They took down what most people had already considered a criminal group, rightly so, and gave the credit to Kane, sure that is incredibly annoying for Kane since if the guild actually gives him the credit, the group's remnants and co-conspirators would come after him, and he'll probably be promoted to a higher rank at the guild which he isn't ready for either, but he isn't being blamed for something bad. Excelsior, Trov and nono3 already pointed out the loan thing so I'll skip that.

Double-page supporter
if he didn't have that insane luck (or divine protection was it?) she'd be the cause of his death by now, can't say i appreciate the fact that they just ignored what the receptionist told them

@TTX and @yldDavid The word "chose" wasn't meant to be taken literally. I just meant that the manga took a different path than the novel. The events here were very different in that the MC, instead of going to the orphanage is sheltered by the guild and spends the night with the guild receptionist.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Dex-chan lover
and here we have the Guild Lady, starting step 1 of her master revenge plan, shes gonna NTR the Princess.
unknown.png

Thanks for the chapter!
In the LN after they left every cone that was on the tree dropped down like hail. Also, Kane stayed in Elena's room with her for his "protection" since the gang wouldn't be able to enter the Guild and assassinate him. With that reason not sure why manga changed it to his room other than to create a scene with the sister and quicken things. That and Elena slept in bed holding him, both kept their clothes on, as he revealed and started accepting the fact he killed a fellow human for the first time. Also, he didn't get credit for taking the whole gang out in LN, but word about some government officials were going around town. LN also explains documents girls are holding a bit more but essentially what they said and signed by Ana's father, the king. That last knife Snake Head was using had a very deadly poison on it that could kill with just a small scratch. Forgot details but using influence and ties with shady nobles Snake Head got an official position which is how he was able to saddle the church with debt and an unreasonable interest rate so he could sell the sister and all the kids as slaves and make it legal enough to get away with it.

@boag While Elena is really angry with Ana, she seems more the type to do something directly to Ana in an aggravating but legal way, but not enough to pull in and hurt an innocent person with NTR in the process. Also, if read LN find out Elena has been holding back feelings for Kane for a while. She's seen him in action for years and knows he's not some hotblooded idiot who's going to get killed overreaching themselves, treated her and others like a gentleman rather than acting superior, that he's honest after trying to return the mithril sword and armor rather than keeping it or selling it, and compassionate since he used the money he got from the dragon to pay off the church debt rather than keep some of it for himself.
As far as I know she's only pissed with Ana for making her do a dogeza and explain why Kane hasn't been promoted. I don't think she's upset with the other two for anything that would make her hold a grudge.

Dex-chan lover
Seems pretty obvious that the mountain god he made a small shrine to is protecting him, lol.

Dex-chan lover
@Mathiason
I dunno, the fact that she does seem to harbor feelings for him does seem like it would be killing 2 birds with one stone if she up and married Kane infront fo the Princess and the Saint.
It would also make the Saints "Destiny" talk pretty fucked up lol.

Is any Publisher picking this up for Translation? cause reading MTL of the WN has been a tiring experience.

Users who are viewing this thread