The Good Deeds of Old Adventurer Kane - Vol. 6 Ch. 22 - Because those that have died will never return

I'm always so relaxed while reading this thank you for the chapter i just can't get enough.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, the general has received a report that the insular elven kingdom is getting overwhelmed with monsters to the point they request foreign aid, I think it makes perfect sense for him to conscripting warriors (particularly those reportedly good enough to protect villages) and collecting tithes needed for it. The earlier he does it, the better he can train them to participate in army-tactics and being up-to-snuff, too.
So his actions doesn't seem so strange to me.

The only oddity, is the treatment the elven queen got. Might be him trying to diplomatically absorb the elves for the sake of his liege (still dont get how she thought it can be considered an act of aggression to reject their offers during negotiation, and supply some exploitative counter-offer). Or perhaps the orders/laws/tradition is that they can't simply offer their aid to other countries that easily (for land and tribute) when acting on only the generals authority (meaning he would need to get the kings, or at least lord's, orders to), and the marriage offer was an offer to exploit a loophole relating to diplomatic marriages. He clearly let her continue inland to negotiate with the earl whose authority he is under, so it sounds reasonable imo that the offers he made during that negotiation was based on what authority he has, for the sake of giving the elves an expeditious alternative over spending time traveling further inwards (and back) to negotiate with those that can accept the offers she came with.

All that said, doesn't feel like the story gave it that much thought, and that flags simply point to it being the simply conclusion of corrupt general/aides/nobles, or brainwashing, or similarly nefarious deeds for kane to uncover and resolve.

Dex-chan lover
That kid is a serious fucking brat. Hopefully we don't have to see him much.

Users who are viewing this thread