The Greatest Philosopher With Zero Magic Power. - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Thanks for translating :)

Re: Physics: Imagine you have a special power that doesn't follow the usual rules. You don't chant and gesture to create a little fireball. So if you don't want people to expect that you can, you can't call it magic. It's not based on mastering martial arts, weapon skill, or cultivating, so calling it ki or another martial power would create misunderstandings too. Imagine you're reaching for a word that seems closest to explaining your power but you don't really understand the word either, so you just settle on calling it "physics" without realizing your power doesn't follow normal* physics either.

Other people aren't sure what his power is, so they call him a "great philosopher." He doesn't seem to know what that means. If anything, his efforts to define his power as "physics" reveal it's not normal* physics. It's more like manifestation. He thinks his power can accomplish something, imagines it doing so, and it manifests that expectation according to his will. It's like Descartes, "I think therefore I am." But he's shaping a common reality, not just asserting "this is real." Maybe it's like the Matrix: "there is no spoon." He can bend reality because he thinks his power can do certain things (that, perhaps he doesn't realize normal* physics would not allow). His ignorance allows him to manifest phenomena that he can conceptualize, and somehow, he doesn't realize that his words do not convey the basis for his power.

*Scientists in the audience should reject the label "physics" to avoid headaches, because people don't meaningfully manipulate physics with just intention. "Normal" qualifies this idea. If he could manipulate physics the way others manifest magic spells (with intention, imagination, and discipline), he could cause and reverse physical and chemical changes and constrain these phenomena as presented.

Fed-Kun's army
i really love how his father is so supportive and has trust with his son
unlike other fantasy father. some even throws their child for having a low magic

Users who are viewing this thread