The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy at All - Ch. 101 - The Name of The Star

I don't understand why so many complaints. Maybe because you're reading a chapter every week, but it's only 4 pages. If you put everything together, it's like there are only 10 chapters? It's still at the beginning and you're already waiting for a kiss? Relax a little

This is the biggest of the cliches: a character appears that conflicts with the couple, which strengthens the relationship between the two, this person begins to be hated even by one on the side of the couple for being a "rival". Then everyone resolves and she becomes one of the beloved characters. It's a manga that talks about music from the very first chapter, they are teenagers who have never loved another girl before, so you can bet it will be very slow burn. Like, Mitsuki must think that Aya doesn't like her romantically anymore because she's not a guy and they will surely be afraid of ruining the friendship. It's always like this, go read something else

I also didn't understand why you think Aya hasn't listened yet? Isn't there a chapter just of Mitsuki singing to her?
Anyway, I'm freaking out with "Me to Her".

Dex-chan lover
This is going to be very funny when girl with the glowing green headlight eyes confesses her feelings for Mitsuki...but JUST AS A FAN, a detail revealed only after it goads Aya into confessing her true feelings.

But lets get back to the fun...they finally introduced the new character so its time to call for her arrest by the Preventing Unnecessary Subplots in Yuri Manga Agency :aquadrink:

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I have a strong vibe that Hime's family is in the music business, and Hime is going to provide production or a studio or expert promotion, or something along those lines.

Dex-chan lover
I don't understand why so many complaints. Maybe because you're reading a chapter every week, but it's only 4 pages. If you put everything together, it's like there are only 10 chapters? It's still at the beginning and you're already waiting for a kiss? Relax a little

This is the biggest of the cliches: a character appears that conflicts with the couple, which strengthens the relationship between the two, this person begins to be hated even by one on the side of the couple for being a "rival". Then everyone resolves and she becomes one of the beloved characters. It's a manga that talks about music from the very first chapter, they are teenagers who have never loved another girl before, so you can bet it will be very slow burn. Like, Mitsuki must think that Aya doesn't like her romantically anymore because she's not a guy and they will surely be afraid of ruining the friendship. It's always like this, go read something else

I also didn't understand why you think Aya hasn't listened yet? Isn't there a chapter just of Mitsuki singing to her?
Anyway, I'm freaking out with "Me to Her".
I agree with some of this but this series' being 4 pages is not an excuse for its pacing and I see this mentioned a lot. There are an endless number of 4 pages twitter manga and they structure themselves and pace themselves differently for their medium.

It's not right to say "well this would be 20 chapters of a typical manga" because it's not a typical manga format or release schedule. Most 4 page Twitter manga don't reach chapter 100 without any clear romantic pushes yet. After all this time neither of the characters are even clearly thinking in a self-aware romantic sense yet. It works mostly on assumptions and what seems obvious to the viewer.

That is not just a typical slow burn, plus we have the series' shift in focus from the romantic comedy of the earlier chapters to being largely music now. Music was always there but the balance has shifted greatly. We have to acknowledge that. These are reasons why there's some unrest even if it's overblown. For myself I just think the series meanders a lot, so I've lost some interest. It's still fun and the art is great but I don't see it as special as I once did.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I don't know why the manga is still so popular among yuri spaces. It's sooo boring, nothing ever happens. Things just aren't moving forward. I also think that with the success of this work, the gayness had to take a backseat. The first part focused on Aya and Mitsuki and the gender misunderstanding, but once it was out of the way, the second part focused mostly on music and other characters, so I wouldn't expect any actual onscreen kiss or definite Yuri. Slowburn is one thing, I've read plenty of them and they all show progress chapter to chapter. This doesn't. It's a one volume manga that has been forced to extend itself due to popularity and become ponderous. Really a shame.
I feel this as well tbh, I used to be super excited seeing this in my feed now it's just meh. I don't think it has anything to do with it becoming more popular tho, the issue is that the author doesn't seem to know how to tie these story beats into each other cleanly. So we get several chapter long build ups to things that don't really need them and it feels like the main two are lost in the background of it all, at least to me.

Dex-chan lover
As i've said previously, the story , at this moment, has way passed the bounderies of a 4 page twitter manga and started to suffer greatly from it. It needs to either switch formats or dial back the scope of characters in order to get back to being relevant again. As is, it is pretty bad.

Dex-chan lover
I don't find the new girl nearly as irritating as many of these comments do. Until now she's largely a blank slate, and with this focus on a "star" we can see how her role in the story is meant to play out.

She'll stan our two girls once she figures out Koga's motivations, no doubt.

Dex-chan lover
HOLY FUCK you all are insufferable brats the moment some one else exist in this manga you all already think she is the worst LMAO pathetic,

and no she doesn’t fuck any one she meets so way in fucks sakes you think she is some one to get in between the main couple?
MAN WHY THE F WOULD YALL BE SO ANGRY FOR, HUH? THIS CAN TURNED OUT AS HER PRODUCER OR SUMN ELSE GOOD THINGIES, THE HELL WRONG WIT YA, DIDNT YA WANT OUR MITSUKI KOGA BECAME A REAL STAR, AND OF COURSE, FOR AYA OOSAWA?! YALL SO THICK HEADED ISTG, LET THIS BE, IM SURE ARAI SUMIKO IS COOKING SOMETHING, JUST ENJOY THE DRAMA A LIL BIT SMH

Do you guys have the memory span of a goldfish? Go back and read last week's chapter. Aya would not be snapping at Mitsuki and causing a misunderstanding if it weren't for this girl. We're 100 chapters in, a new character causing pointless drama is just dragging it out for no reason.

Dex-chan lover
Koga drops an entire album written to Aya and people here are complaining about what now? I know lyrics are subjective but are we even reading the same ones? I can never tell what will make people unhinged with this series. It’s starting to get funny to me.

Dex-chan lover
So when we will go back to the cliffhanger from last chapter?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread