The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy at All - Ch. 103 - We’ll Make That Dream Come True

Dex-chan lover
HAH!
Our author really likes retro America, huh?
As a senior millennial… it wasn’t all that interesting.
I have massive nostalgia goggles for it, but I was a child. Was the music good? What survived. The top 40 was worse, imo. You can only hear that friggin “I’m blue dabadeedabaddie” song so many times before you want to daba-die.
The rock radio was by and large Metallica, “Seattle“, and fake versions of them. So much Megadeth. Powerman 5000, Monster Magnet, Cold, Silverchair, Jars of Clay… People that listened to rock music got beat up where I went to school. Most places, really…
I saw a synthwave-themed driving video game yesterday. (Synthwave Burnout. They’re gonna get a cease and desist…) It was exactly what you just imagined.
they described as having ”80s neon style”.
Things didn’t look like that. Some video games, most of of those fake ones in movies.

Proms are pure angst and economic disparity!
”Can’t afford tickets, let alone clothes” and they made people walk a runway on their way in to show off how good or bad they looked…
Kinda glad I got turned down. Wouldn’t have gone anywhere, anyway.

edit: Y’all voting this dumb because I killed your dreams of going back to the days when in real life they held straight pride rallies at my high school? In the north?
or is it because I said “Seattle” without listing out Nirvana, Pearl Jam, and Soundgarden?
Because my point was that most stuff back then sucked, too.
The political and economic situation was better, though.

People always hate reality checks….

I love Narita, it's always funny when it's in his pov
Thanks for the translation
The artist successfully changes the tone of it to match his vibe. All… zoinks.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Narita going above and beyond in his self-appointed duties as Cupid, love it. I wonder what he'll chose as the theme for Prom :dogkek:

I don't even know what it would be about but I want a Narita spin-off now after this chapter.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Well, I thought the confession was going to be more straightforward but okay.
I guess we're doing prom now.

Users who are viewing this thread