The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy at All - Ch. 45 - Niece Contest

Dex-chan lover
Well they said they weren’t sniping it. They were just trying out a chapter for this manga. And they weren’t asking for money, they were saying if people wanted to support them they can. Which I know is worded differently but not as forthcoming as “pay me for more manga”

It’s just someone trying out translating a chapter of a series they like to read
my bad then if i dont see the reason why scanlate the one you like to read whilst being scanlated by another team than just find an abandoned one to practice to it.

Fed-Kun's army
Would you kindly find a different series that doesn't have a translation instead?

There's already too many MTL's popping up. Doesn't matter if you're using Google Translate, Bing, deepL or whatever else is out there. Using one is bad enough. Multiple can help you get by. But for the love of the series, don't do another one of it and find a different manga that has a dead translation or no translation. This ain't it

Sure the scanlation was bad but you all need to calm the hell down.

To the uploader: if you're gonna use a translator, use deepl. Google translate is trash.
Oh and I'd refrain from telling people they should contact you if they want to support you. That's borderline scummy behaviour considering the scanlation quality. Unless you're trying recruit people for your group that is.
DeepL isn't going to magically make their release any better. MTL is still MTL, aka garbage. if they want to get better they should learn Japanese so they can actually have a chance at making a release that's worth something.

also that's not "borderline" scummy. that is full-on scummy.

Last edited:
Wow. Someone’s sour today. If you don’t want to read their translations you don’t have to
oh don't worry i won't be reading their release, but there's no need for a garbage MTL release to exist alongside one being done by people who are actually competent and know the language they're translating.

literally who would consciously choose this over the one that is miles better in EVERY single way?

Dex-chan lover
oh don't worry i won't be reading their release, but there's no need for a garbage MTL release to exist alongside one being done by people who are actually competent and know the language they're translating.

literally who would consciously choose this over the one that is miles better in EVERY single way?
One that likes to criticize maybe. I mean according to what he said the chapter wasn’t released when he started translating. Probably didn’t realize it was released already. And some people prefer speed over quality. Not me but other people who like to see a chapter as fast as possible

Dex-chan lover
DeepL isn't going to magically make their release any better. MTL is still MTL, aka garbage. if they want to get better they should learn Japanese so they can actually have a chance at making a release that's worth something.

also that's not "borderline" scummy. that is full-on scummy.
Yes it will marginally make the translation better. Will it make the scanlation good or even mediocre? No. But that wasn't my point now was it? Do you seriously think your approach is gonna change their behavior? Doubtful. So why bother complaining?

Full on scummy would be asking for money directly. The intentions are worded too vaguely to condemn them outright.

One that likes to criticize maybe. I mean according to what he said the chapter wasn’t released when he started translating. Probably didn’t realize it was released already. And some people prefer speed over quality. Not me but other people who like to see a chapter as fast as possible

the main group that's doing this series already releases very quickly, and their release (which, again, is better than this by every single metric) was out before this so there literally was no reason for them to put this out, even if they did start before it was out. besides, even if this person released theirs earlier it would probably only be beating them by maybe a few hours at most, and if you can't wait that long for something that's actually readable then that sounds like a personal problem
Yes it will marginally make the translation better. Will it make the scanlation good or even mediocre? No. But that wasn't my point now was it? Do you seriously think your approach is gonna change their behavior? Doubtful. So why bother complaining?

Full on scummy would be asking for money directly. The intentions are worded too vaguely to condemn them outright.

DeepL is still not and never will be able to convey nuance as well as a human translation can, not to mention DeepL tends to chop out portions of sentences for no reason. is DeepL going to be able to detect and accurately (or at least best-effort) translate puns, obscure references, or words that are otherwise difficult to translate into English? just because DeepL might read better does not mean that it's any better of a translation. the ideal scenario is them giving up on releasing effortless MTLs and learning Japanese so they can put something out that might actually be decent.

also if they're already putting this little effort into their scanlation - using AI in place of actual knowledge and fluency in Japanese, and very low-effort typesetting, then it wouldn't surprise me if they got bored and gave up in a few chapters

i will never understand the kind of people that try to defend these kinds of half-assed MTL scanlations that are very clearly made for the satisfaction of being the first one available. they obviously don't care about the quality of what they're releasing so why should we give them any attention, much less praise them for their "work?"

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
the main group that's doing this series already releases very quickly, and their release (which, again, is better than this by every single metric) was out before this so there literally was no reason for them to put this out, even if they did start before it was out. besides, even if this person released theirs earlier it would probably only be beating them by maybe a few hours at most, and if you can't wait that long for something that's actually readable then that sounds like a personal problem

DeepL is still not and never will be able to convey nuance as well as a human translation can, not to mention DeepL tends to chop out portions of sentences for no reason. is DeepL going to be able to detect and accurately (or at least best-effort) translate puns, obscure references, or words that are otherwise difficult to translate into English? just because DeepL might read better does not mean that it's any better of a translation. the ideal scenario is them giving up on releasing effortless MTLs and learning Japanese so they can put something out that might actually be decent.

also if they're already putting this little effort into their scanlation - using AI in place of actual knowledge and fluency in Japanese, and very low-effort typesetting, then it wouldn't surprise me if they got bored and gave up in a few chapters

i will never understand the kind of people that try to defend these kinds of half-assed MTL scanlations that are very clearly made for the satisfaction of being the first one available. they obviously don't care about the quality of what they're releasing so why should we give them any attention, much less praise them for their "work?"
I'm not defending it. I'm not saying deepl is better than actually speaking japanese. I mentioned multiple times that the scanlation is bad and that using deepl won't make it better by much. only that it is better than GT, which is a fact. stop creating strawman arguments. put all your energy into something more useful.

Double-page supporter
Oh god, dont make me think of the Bocchi scanlating mess again. Why the fuck is this in comic sans

Group Leader
This translation feels unnecessary when Rehashed Scans' are available with a much better quality. Please delete this :boomer:

Users who are viewing this thread