The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy at All - Ch. 46.1 - Moonlight Magazine Summer Edition

Dex-chan lover
Babe, wake up! New Moonlight FM logo just dropped
IMG_1512.jpg

Dex-chan lover
I love the other passengers.

I‘m still smirking at youths going so retro they hit literal Baby Boomer with the Polaroids.
Even GenX used film. Also, didn’t take a ton of pictures.
Millennials? We took pictures, but used those crappy single-use ones made of paper and cheap plastic. Didn’t take selfies, though. Just group shots or of us hanging out. Still have a couple of those.
Know what we did a TON of back on the 90s? Video. Tons of little video cassette (Hi8 and the like) of us making dumb little movies, doing stupid crap while hanging out. I had a bunch of them for decades. Just sitting on shelves and in boxes. Gone, now. I destroyed most photos etc from The Before Times.

Do y’all still just hang out? I’m just curious.
We’d just wander around in groups and talk. Some of us listening to CDs with headphones, sometimes someone would bring their AIWA boombox thing and we’d listen to entire albums (only skipping THAT song. The one that sucks).
We rarely had internet friends, online gaming wasn’t a thing, no one had cell phones. We just sat there and talked while eating Marshmallow Mateys from the bag or wandering the Mall of America, causing problems. Talked about nothing important, so I’m not bragging “we didn’t have phones so we were more social”. Nonono. We were just way more bored.

Edit: we were all Mitsuki. Everyone wore too many layers of black. Well, I often wore too many layers of pastel, but a lot of black. Oversized black and denim. Walking around in the sun, drinking Mountain Dew or Fruitopia. I was even “cooler”. I drank Jones Soda. We were all dehydrated at all times. One friend never drank water, sometimes drank cola and got kidney stones.
I am so glad drinking water is common nowadays.

Why do I go one these rambles about the past? So y’all know what it was really like in the 90s, when these trends first happened. I’m 1000% cool with trends coming back. I’m just concerned that some may romanticise things, and things weren’t much cooler back then.
Most music was still meh, but only the important things survived, so it seems cooler looking back. Most kids were “preppies” or otherwise “normal”. More skaters than nu-metalers, rockers or metalheads. I was a sprockethead, which was basically a solo effort in my white suburban town, but didn’t dress much different to the metalheads.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
THEY ARE SO ADORABLE T_T MITSUKI-SAN FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AND THOSE POLAROIDS GOD SAVE MY HEART i'm sorry for the capslock and thank you very much for sharing and translating this:glee:
:hearts: wait,

Users who are viewing this thread