The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy at All - Ch. 93 - That Girl's Labels

Dex-chan lover
I don’t think it’s been one sided. Koga was enjoying and instigating a lot of the flirting back when she was the only one aware of the misunderstanding. She liked having Aya like her that way.

She switched to the friendship plan when trying to salvage things because she was afraid Aya would be disappointed in who she was. Part of that was she knew Aya had her heart set on the shop boy. She had been hearing about it every day at school.

When Aya was worried Koga would vanish to America and got herself fixated on Joe and Kanna’s situation of being in love and not talking it out, Koga said that some stuff you can’t put into words. So she didn’t talk either and instead held her hand while they listened to a song.

And then more recently she had convinced herself that Aya actually liked the “boy” her and had to have Aya reassure her she saw her as a whole person.

She wrote and sang her what was likely a love song in English which Aya said she liked but didn’t understand the lyrics to.

Koga has been communicating in her own way how she feels, but she is cynical about love based on examples in her life and there is a language barrier since she is bad at opening up outside of playlists or emptying her soul into lyrics.

Now those lyrics have been badly translated on the wall at school. She’s been communicating every stage, but now it’s basically ripped out of her and plastered on the wall for Aya to stumble into at any moment.
Also the pinky-holding moment.
The teenage “holding hands with plausible deniability“.
It’s up there with “sit unnecessarily close” and “touching feet under the table”.

Dex-chan lover
Considering how sick this made me, im so glad I accidentally read this a week late so I have the next chapter to resolve it. (hopefully, haven't read it yet)

Dex-chan lover
Heard the translation changed and came back to reread if it was the author or the TL. Significantly changed the meaning from the guy being an irredeemable POS that needed to run into a knife to just needing a fckin slap across the face.

Users who are viewing this thread