The "have you ever" Thread

Have you ever had to tape together your glasses and worn them?
No, but I have glued, taped and even welded my sister's glasses.

Have you ever been told not to do something because it's dangerous, yet do it anyway out of curiosity?
I touched the iron when it was still hot, and used when I was little.

Fed-Kun's army
Have you ever had to tape together your glasses and worn them?
No, but I wore them while one lense was constantly popping out and a leg was broken

Have you ever fallen from a large distance/height

(I was pushed, super traumatic)

Group Leader
I mean define large? But I did fall out of a tree once as a kid, was probably only like 4-5 feet though. Landed straight on my ass.
But I suspect it's what caused my weird tourettes like symptoms I developed later in life. I get these uncontrollable jerks in my neck from time to time. Sometimes they're just random, but they are also often triggered by certain things, like shivers or unpleasant noises, which makes me think it's something to do with my spine but no doctor could ever figure it out/it's not a bad enough thing for me to spend the billions of dollars (IE approx 2 doctors visits) to figure it out because 'Murica.

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
If you count dropping from a zipline into water, i guess, the highest point was like 6-8 meters iirc (which i'm probably wrong, since i can't measure heights).

@gomichandesu
Does that mean that if you get the flu, you're basically bankrupt?

Contributor
@Richman
It is closer to reality than you think. American Health Care (LOL) is fucked.

youowethismuch.jpg

Being an extremely naive human being I was scammed many times in my entire life but this one was a special one which I will still remember to this day.

Warning a wall of text coming up!

The first scam involved in CSGO skins. I had skins worth of 120€ in total includes a knife ( tbh these stuffs are f**** useless and are just for shown off ). One day I got a friend request out of sudden. I thought nothing bad happens so I accept it. The person also plays csgo and I thought " hey cool maybe I inviting him to competitive so I can finally rank up to master guardian". We chatted and played some game for warm up when he suddenly told me I have to download a TeamSpeak alike program called "oppo voice" ( don't clearly remember the actual name). Did it cause I don't want to cause any stress when suddenly my windows warned me the program has malicious viruses and I shouldn't install it. Ignored and oh boy I wished I had listened to my OS. my computer was acting weirdly. It was slow, my mouse didn't move, webcam turned on by itself and it crashed after that. I vividly remember a window with a mocking message in green next popped up while an animation of falling csgo skins came up. My heart dropped and i was scarred that my computer would never turn on again. Immediately pushed the on off button and let it start again. Everything was normal until I opened steam and saw all my skins in the inventory has sudenly gone. With my age of 21 years i was on the verge to cry. Contacted some of my friends on steam to get some help how to handle the situation. One of my friend suggested me to contact steam support. Before I did that I removed and blocked the culprit from my friend list, uninstalled the program from my computer, letting antivirus running through, changed my password and warned everyone in the steam community about that scam. I described the support the situation in a serious and helpless tone begging them to get my skins back. I also linked the culprits profile in the support ticket. After some questionings I finally had in 3 days all of my skins back.Relieved and cryed my eyes out of joy I sweared to myself that I will never add a stranger anymore on my friend list.

Dex-chan lover
It is closer to reality than you think. American Health Care (LOL) is fucked.
Dude tell me about it I had to pay close to 2k for one hospital visit ever since then I just go to Mexico when I need to see the doc.

Who here ever tried to learn japanese or Korean? I passed one level of japanese on duolingo.

Fed-Kun's army
Who here ever tried to learn japanese or Korean? I passed one level of japanese on duolingo.
@kato20 I have got as far as 4 levels and then got bored, the dang bird just asked me today when I was going to come back after 5 months, scared the heck out of me

Dex-chan lover
oh! this makes me remember the first time i learned the fish was one of my people good times

Users who are viewing this thread